Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Recommendation on Electric off-road >

Recommendation on Electric off-road

Recommendation on Electric off-road

Old 10-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Recommendation on Electric off-road

Hello

I've been in hobby since 2003, but I quit for 2 years and I want to get back to the hobby.

I wish I could find my old username, but my memory wouldn't allow that so I created a new one

I'm looking for a kit that I can build and put high end electronics on..

I don't know what's hot these days, so I'm really open to any electric off-road.. Oh yeah I'm interested in putting brushless, so if anyone want to recommend me a good kit with good brushless setup that would be wonderful

thanks guys
Old 10-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Tech Addict

The top choices are still Losi & AE. Either one will fit the bill.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Tech Rookie

hmm

I kind of narrowed it down to 18th scale AE monster truck.. Can anyone direct me to a forum where they talk about it? ?
Old 10-13-2006, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If you want to get back into racing, then i'm not so sure that an 1/18th scale is a good choice as they don't handle very well stock, and the handling gets worse when you slap a brushless motor in them. If you want to race something brushless, i'd either go with the AE FT T4 or the Losi MF2 truck. Or, if you feel like spending some money and your local track has enough guys in the class, you could go 4wd with either the Losi XXX-4, the Kyosho ZX-5 Laser, or the JConcepts BJ4. The Losi is the most popular, and i think the BJ4 is the most expensive.
Old 10-14-2006, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Offroad racing with an 1/18th is alot of running to flip your car back over. But if that is the way you want to go, I would suggest a mamba brushless for it. I have the 18b with the 5400kv. It works well and will do about 30 mph, but hit a jump and she is on her back. If you really want to do offroad get an associated b4. Stadium trucks are fun but buggies are a blast. However it is harder to fit the brushless speed controls in them. Brushless for a buggy I would suggest the lrp sphere, I think it is lower profile than the novak gtb (which is a good speedo, but you have to take the fan off to fit). As far as the motor goes, need to know what you are looking for (speed, track size, etcetera). Anyways, hope that helps.