Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
the best 19 turn motors >

the best 19 turn motors

the best 19 turn motors

Old 10-12-2006, 09:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello!

I would recommend the Komodo Dragon Pro by Trinity. It has good all around power (Low end and RPM) Plus the the pro version by Trinity comes ready to bolt in and run with a a dyno readout attached. Hope this helps

Mark Adams
Old 10-18-2006, 08:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mark A.
Hello!

I would recommend the Komodo Dragon Pro by Trinity. It has good all around power (Low end and RPM) Plus the the pro version by Trinity comes ready to bolt in and run with a a dyno readout attached. Hope this helps

Mark Adams
Anyone have test trinity komodo dragon, can pull how much RPM with motor checker not motor dyno?
Old 10-18-2006, 08:27 PM
Tech Rookie

try envyrc.com
Old 10-18-2006, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quantum
let us know how you find the checkpoint... only prob i have with it is that i'd have to stock up on yet another type of brush and spring...already have lots !

Ran the CP Money for two club race outings now and compared to my KD. After changing to the silver springs, the CP did wake-up ... allowing me to run my fastest lap-times to date. The motor was great in the in-field and decent on the long straight (ran a 31 mm rollout) ... such that many of the local guys actually asked what I was running. The fastest motor on our track (www.fastcats.ca) overall was still the Peak Dynasty - however, to get this motor to run well, you need to gear it 1-inch away from blowing-up and rebuild after every run. With the CP money, I cut the com at the begining of the day - skimmed it once between the 2nd and 3rd qualifiers - used the same brushes and ended-up running my best time of the day ... great longevity of brushes on this motor.

My car felt smoother to drive with the Money versus anything else in my car - weird really ... but I was impressed.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Thumbs up

i would have to say that the best 19t is the kd19t hands down.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:13 AM
Tech Adept

By far the fastest spec 19 is the komodo based 19 turns. They have the grunt
and the rpm, ive tested all the other base motors out and i always go back to these when im racing. You dont have to gear it to the moon to be fast with these motors!
Old 10-20-2006, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Ran the copper springs in my CP 19 and it ran very impressive - as fast ... if not faster then the KD through the whole track. Thanks to some advice from a factory driver, the lighter springs work really well in this motor.

Really impressed with the Checkpoint Money.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

duckman: what fdr did you start with on your checkpoint money? also, what brush springs work well with the infinity brushes?