Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pancar?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

wasn't associated still packaging the L2 as of just a few weeks ago? we need to get on them about this...
Old 10-16-2006, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Bolink Pancar

I have this old Bolink pan car that my cousin gave me. It's REALLY OLD. I wouldn't mind building it back together and running a few laps at my hobbyshop. Do any of you guys know where I can get new tires for my car? I definitely want to see more pan car action in racing.

-Thanks
Old 10-16-2006, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Go to the Pantoura,1/10 pan thread. There are plenty of links there in the very first post. Tower Hobbies and Stormer both have some 1/10 pan tires. I am having my Hobby shop order some pink rears as a test to see if they can get them. Great Plains owns the distribution on GRP tires.

Since I started the Pantoura thread I have not seen a new L2 for sale at the big internet hobby shops. It could be they were for sale somewhere.

Ginsu-you're welcome.

If you want a wide car, I would get the Darkforce. If you want to have huge availability of 200 mm bodies, get the Pantoura. I would prefer side dampers (on a clean track) or side shocks (on a sometimes dirty track) for use outdoors. Some of the old cars don't have this, but they should be great and inexpensive way for just running to learn about pan cars.

Last edited by John Stranahan; 10-16-2006 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

John here are a few Designs I had back before I started the F1 Cars and if you could do up a little something to show me more on what you had in mind ok.

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 08-03-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Well I had in mind number 4 from the top on the first page, horizontally opposed, and even overlapped, as there is room there on my pan car and you could squeeze in some shocks if you wanted too.

The top arm should be shorter than the bottom for good negative camber gain. This would give you even more room for shocks.

It might be slightly too tall. I'll give it some though.

You could lower this by extending the bell cranks and having the shocks and springs aim down but overlapped. One forward One back. Same suspension on both sides. On a pan car you can have more room between the suspension blocks than on an F1 car.

Last edited by John Stranahan; 10-16-2006 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

Ok Well I will get some parts in and see what we can do!
Old 10-17-2006, 08:29 AM

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can also test your setup for you if you'de like.

Just a few things to keep in mind:
1) KISS (Keep It Simple and Stupid)
2) Make sure it's lightweight
3) Keep it low, it has to fit beneath a GTP shell

I've been long looking for a dampened front end, because a dampened front end keeps the front tires in contact with the track better -> more and more predictable steering. And I'm always looking for more steering!
Old 10-17-2006, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Well I am glad its multiple choice It would be fourth from the top on the third page on the left which was not Up when I last edited my post. I think the telescoping spring seats would work fine. The loss of huge amounts of stiction should increase steering even without shocks. This would keep weight down. I can tell on my rough track that the front end is being damped well by the center shock. The shorter upper arm would be mounted so the outboard ends line up a little more at the wheel, but not all the way at the wheel. There are some good diagrams in a book called "Tune to win" by Carrol Smith. He also diagrams the bellcrank mechanism and shows how to get a progressive rather than regressive spring rate. So the spring gets stiffer with bump rather than weaker. I'll see if I can provide a sketch.

(Delete the word "and" from Kiss) The mechanism itself should be brilliant and simple.

Probably better to move this technical discussion to the Pantoura thread. I have posted a sketch there.

Last edited by John Stranahan; 10-17-2006 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pro ten Holland

I've been long looking for a dampened front end, because a dampened front end keeps the front tires in contact with the track better -> more and more predictable steering. And I'm always looking for more steering!
Well I will do the best I can I do not see a problem and sure I will PM you when I have something to test and post it here as well ok. KMK Got it!

Thanks
Old 10-17-2006, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Marty Peterson

Will do I will also post in my MLP GTP Thread (for all of this will be made for my car but others as well )

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 10-17-2006 at 06:54 PM.