Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pancar?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

someone posted a link the other day to a company that converts pancars to F1 cars.. anybody have that link for me i can't find it... thanks
Old 10-12-2006, 06:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

www.rcindycars.com I beleive is what your looking for.

Matts
Old 10-12-2006, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

that's it. thanks.. if i mash up my l3T chassis, that is what i might do with it... they need better bodies just for their chassis though...
Old 10-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

tally, I'm still pretty sure that a Pantoura hub assembly will work on an L3T.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:48 PM
Tech Addict

The momentum has swung so far in favor of TC's that it would be very difficult to bring back 1/10 pancar. When I walk into our three local hobby shops, what do they sell for on road? Touring cars. You can't even buy tires for pan cars locally. Whether its the chicken or the egg, its an uphill battle to get it restarted. 1/12 pancar is still active in our club, but 1/10 is not. Bandwagon effect. And if I ran a local hobby shop, why would I stock something that doesn't sell.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Iceracer
... 1/12 pancar is still active in our club, but 1/10 is not. ....
Thats exactly it. Pancar is 1/12 and its still available. They're fast and simple mostly because of its size. Back in the days 1/10 pan was created because people wanted something bigger for an onroad car. The technology wasn't there for something like a TC so basically it became just giant sized 1/12ths. But with the extra size there was a whole lotta extra space which made it look very inconcise. My 10L is so spacious, I can fit one of the older airplane style Airtronics receivers with plenty of room still for one of those vintage Novak T1X monster speed controls. Obviously, the 1/10 segment got replaced by TC which made better use of the size by filling the expty gap with some extra technology.

Nowadays when technology also made electronics smaller and more powerful, it would make that 1/12 is more viable than it was back then. So if there is to be any kind of pancar revival start with the 1/12ths, its still the choice of many champions.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Iceracer
The momentum has swung so far in favor of TC's that it would be very difficult to bring back 1/10 pancar. When I walk into our three local hobby shops, what do they sell for on road? Touring cars. You can't even buy tires for pan cars locally. Whether its the chicken or the egg, its an uphill battle to get it restarted. 1/12 pancar is still active in our club, but 1/10 is not. Bandwagon effect. And if I ran a local hobby shop, why would I stock something that doesn't sell.

Never mind pan 12th or TC, My 3 local hobby shops are full of RTR offroaders! They sell Touring cars, each of the 3 shops used to specialize in one brand each, Xray at one,Shumacher and HPI at the other 2... But our biggest hurdle really guys is not about 12th vs TC but BAshers vs racers. WE need to turn hobby shop customers into racers... Every club suffers from it im sure, the hardest thing about being in a club is keeping it running and keeping new members coming. Im willing to bet that at my favorite shop then sell 99% RTR offroad and about 1% to actual onroad racers.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

I used to help out at my LHS about a year and a half ago. Before that, I'd hear about the basher to racer ratio being 10:1 I didn't believe it one bit until I was behind the counter
Old 10-13-2006, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

I've been down this path already on the thread for my local track. It always comes out to the same thing cost.

Okay, tell folks to get a pan car because its cheap. Oh, oh, sorry track car only. So rather than practicing in your front driveway and then trying your abilities at the local track, you gotta cut your teeth at the local track with the new pan car squirting all over the track while others snicker at you. Or be asked to move aside for some "Pro" as he bumps you with his brushless mod TC or whatever. Ya like really sign Joe novice up for that.

Its situations like that which give reason for people to be bashers than racers. Bashing is low cost fun without a lot of regulation and a lot of whining by other "racers". Can't do this, can't do that blah blah blah blah blah.

Perhaps the ultimate answer to that debate is not pancar or TC it should be something like the old AE Dual sport except with TC scale and TC wheels. Bash all you want at home and bring it to the track when your ready.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
I've been down this path already on the thread for my local track. It always comes out to the same thing cost.

Okay, tell folks to get a pan car because its cheap. Oh, oh, sorry track car only. So rather than practicing in your front driveway and then trying your abilities at the local track, you gotta cut your teeth at the local track with the new pan car squirting all over the track while others snicker at you. Or be asked to move aside for some "Pro" as he bumps you with his brushless mod TC or whatever. Ya like really sign Joe novice up for that.

Its situations like that which give reason for people to be bashers than racers. Bashing is low cost fun without a lot of regulation and a lot of whining by other "racers". Can't do this, can't do that blah blah blah blah blah.

Perhaps the ultimate answer to that debate is not pancar or TC it should be something like the old AE Dual sport except with TC scale and TC wheels. Bash all you want at home and bring it to the track when your ready.
We are discussing track car only here anyway...

Tell me what TC you can bash with in your driveway and then take to the track, there might be 2 of them.... Those 6mm pebbles do nice things to a carbon fiber chassis running 5mm of ride height...

The unlimate street on road basher would be a converted buggy....
Old 10-13-2006, 09:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
...Tell me what TC you can bash with in your driveway and then take to the track, there might be 2 of them.... Those 6mm pebbles do nice things to a carbon fiber chassis running 5mm of ride height.....
One word for you... "undertray" remember those from the rally conversion days?

Okay, without the undertray....

1) Yokomo MR4TC
2) Losi XXX-S with covers on
3) AE TC3/4
4) Tamiya TA-05
5) Tamiya TT-01
6) Tamiya TB-02
7) Losi Street Weapon

Gee thats way more than two.

6mm peables, run 7mm ride height, who said ride height must be 5mm or less?
Old 10-13-2006, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

One word for you... "undertray" remember those from the rally conversion days?

Okay, without the undertray....

1) Yokomo MR4TC
2) Losi XXX-S with covers on
3) AE TC3/4
4) Tamiya TA-05
5) Tamiya TT-01
6) Tamiya TB-02
7) Losi Street Weapon

Gee thats way more than two.

6mm peables, run 7mm ride height, who said ride height must be 5mm or less?
I own 2 of those (yok and TC3) and both are set up strictly for unprepared parking lots...

Only 1 is available RTR... Seems like you can't get this new generation into this hobby if it isn't RTR....

Let's just say you are not going to take your car that is set up strictly as a race car and go bash with it....

Let's get back to the discussion of 10th scale pan car RACING! If it takes a TC to get someone in, than fine....
Old 10-13-2006, 10:22 AM
Tech Addict

Perspective of a newbie. I started with a 1/10 Pancar and joined a club to race. But, nobody is bringing them out. The prefer the 1/12 because on the same indoor road course there is more room, also they like the 4 cell 19 turn format. Touring car is all the rage, has a large beginner class, and exciting new models coming out continually, so I bought a touring car. The touring car is more forgiving to drive and probably appeals to the same guys that are running 4wd offroad trucks during the summer. They probably don't like the finese necessary to be fast in 2wd. 2wd offroad isn't struggling and that's probably because of the large jump up in cost to 1/8 truggy, the other very popular offroad class.

Would I prefer to drive 1/10 pancar? Yes, the essence of racing for me is racing on the same level playing field as others, whether it be a pancar or a 4wd. The simplicity of the setup and maintenance of the pancar appeals to me. And I liked the challenge of driving a pancar. Only thing that matters to me is that it be challenging, affordable and we all can afford to drive something competitive. I'm not interested in winning or losing because either I or the other guy is driving something vastly mechanically superior.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:30 AM
Tech Champion

I raced pan cars also. I even had the TRC 1/10 car before AE decided to come out with a 1/10 pan.

If people want to run pancar then lets talk about 1/12 instead of 1/10. Like I said before, 1/10 pan was just an effort at making bigger onroad cars. Now that scale (1/10th) is fulfilled by the TC.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

I raced pan cars also. I even had the TRC 1/10 car before AE decided to come out with a 1/10 pan.

If people want to run pancar then lets talk about 1/12 instead of 1/10. Like I said before, 1/10 pan was just an effort at making bigger onroad cars. Now that scale (1/10th) is fulfilled by the TC.
EP TC has become as expensive to run as a 5th scale...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.