Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
What reson to make these companies out of business? >

What reson to make these companies out of business?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What reson to make these companies out of business?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 12:22 AM
Tech Addict

Default What reson to make these companies out of business?

I have ordered many times form this hobby shops. Why are they disappeared?? Check out their website now.

http://www.parisracing.com/
http://www.savonhobbies.com/

I remember when California RC grand opening was a big thing. They stock everything especially Tamiya. How they out of business soo fast? I think Cal. RC had been in business less then 5 years. Anybody still remember?
Old 10-03-2006, 12:23 AM
Tech Addict

double clicked on submit. Please delete this thread
Old 10-03-2006, 12:42 AM
Tech Master

The RC scene is following the money. The west is getting poorer and the east getting righer.

The RC scene in the UK and the USA is shrinking and getting bigger in the far east. Its going to get much worse

Cheers
Old 10-03-2006, 02:30 AM
am
Tech Master

PARIS RACING is closed because Ron Paris past away a few years back... His widdoe did not wan`t to have the shop opened anymore after her housbands death.

To get enines you can try www.fusionmotorsports.com. This is run by Jim Hottinger. He is extreamly helpfull and has been Ron Paris right hand man for quite some years.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I worked at Savon Hobbies for several years. During the mid 90's if I remember correctly. Savon was the mail-order division of Orange Blossom Hobbies, which was the retail division of a wholesaler named Panamerican International. The demise of all began when larger wholesalers like Great Planes and Horizon began to take larger chunks of Panamerican's business. There was also a bit of mis-management that eventually led to the owner, Mr. Luis Quick to put the companies up for sale. Unfortunately, no-one bought, and subsequently several months later, Savon closed, followed by Orange B and Panamerican. It was a real shame, as O.B. had been the largest hobby shop in Miami for over forty years and many good people lost their jobs.

I enjoyed working at Savon alot: we always had the latest goodies for 1/8 scale on-road, and it was fun talking to people over the phone (this was before the days of on-line shopping) about RC racing in general.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ioxqq
I remember when California RC grand opening was a big thing. They stock everything especially Tamiya. How they out of business soo fast? I think Cal. RC had been in business less then 5 years. Anybody still remember?
Gray market purchases overseas got them in trouble from what I was told.