O'Donnell RB's.... fact or fiction?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

O'Donnell RB's.... fact or fiction?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Default O'Donnell RB's.... fact or fiction?

On the last months I've tried to find some engines from O'Donnell but not success, anyone knows where can be found? Website is permanently in construction and don't shows nothing.

Heard that are planning to switch to another engine maker for their units (Picco????). Anyone knows about?
Old 02-07-2003, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hmmm, last bottle of O'Donnell I bought had a PICCO sticker on it reading, "Recommended by Picco engines" or something similar.

I didn't know they had an engine.
Old 02-07-2003, 02:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

at last years sedan nats i talked to billy easton for a moment and he told me he got his engines clutch and all already assembled i thought he told me it was an odonnel tuned os but it may have been something else like picco or rb

basically i think the engine was modded by odonnel whatever brand it was
Old 02-07-2003, 02:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

The bottles also say DuraTrax on them! Seriously, they don't have an engine, they modify engines. The AE guys have used O'Donnell modified RB's for awhile now. They had the Picco's for the Worlds, where they where able to have them tuned by the Picco brothers personally.
Old 02-07-2003, 07:57 PM

AE tried to use Piccos tuned by th Picco Bro's for the Worlds but I think most switched back to O'Donnell modded RB's.
Old 02-07-2003, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

I have noticed that many of the fuel companies have been modding engines over the years. I believe that quite a few of the regular brand names were born from engine tuners trying to find that custom blend that would complement their work more.

I know thats what we did and a couple of other big names in the UK for sure.

Do you have any input on this Motorman?
Old 02-07-2003, 09:49 PM
Tech Adept

You can not buy O'donnell motors. O'donnell motors are modded RB motors that Steve O'donnell buys(from the hobby store like everyone else) and mod for his drivers. This year he is getting a deal from O.S. so there will not be anymore O'donnell Rb's. But rumor has it, O'donnell has been looking into making his own motors in the future.