Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Servos with Different Receivers

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 02:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Servos with Different Receivers

Im looking at getting a Ko Propo Helios and was wondering what servos work with their recievers. I know Airtronics and Jr are the same and Futaba and Hitec are wired the same but where does that leave Ko? I just want more options than one brand of servos.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

All servos will work with youre system... their all wired the same. you might have to trim the little tab off some of the servo plugs to fit in the Ko receiver...but other then that they will all work... Hope that helps you out some.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

I just picked up a Helios and mine does not like analog servos . I thought my servo was bad in two of my cars when I bought the new radio . I switched to digital servos and the problems went away . Not sure if they all are like that or something is wrong with my radio .
Old 09-24-2006, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

briguy:

I don't know why your Helios would have trouble with analog servos as your Helios is analog too. Are you running the spektrum with it? Maybe its in "Da Slow Mode" as the Spektrum is called.

The only true digital radio system in 2.4 is the Nomadio Sensor and soon to be available React! I use hitec digital servos with my Sensor and the speed and torque is fabulous compared to analog.

Old 09-24-2006, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 7.5man
briguy:

I don't know why your Helios would have trouble with analog servos as your Helios is analog too. Are you running the spektrum with it? Maybe its in "Da Slow Mode" as the Spektrum is called.

The only true digital radio system in 2.4 is the Nomadio Sensor and soon to be available React! I use hitec digital servos with my Sensor and the speed and torque is fabulous compared to analog.

+1

Anyword yet Don? Email me if soo
Old 09-24-2006, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

I do run a Spektrum module but I also have a DX3 and the servos are fine with the DX3 . I even tried a different module , servos and recievers . I used the module in my old EX-1 and was fine . Everything narrows down to the radio .I emailed KO about it and hopefully they will have some input .
Old 09-24-2006, 07:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

The Helios has that super advanced HRS or something along with advanced HRS. Could you be using one of those with analog servos be your problem?
Old 09-24-2006, 07:37 PM
Tech Champion

7.5man , the Helios is a digital radio . I have tried the Sensor and I personally don`t like the feel or the looks of it . I use digital servos in my 1/8 bugs and have plenty of response time , so I`m fine with "Da Slow mode" .

HoLlOwPoInT , thanks for reminding me of that switch that is behind the module base to switch from high to normal . That made the difference , I am getting ready to start racing electric and noticed this problem the other day . Problem solved , the radio came in high mode . Thanks again for the reminder .
Old 09-24-2006, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Briguy:

Not trying to create a fuss here but the Helios is NOT a digital radio. It is analog. The screen may be digital for readings but thats it. The insides are FM mode.

Old 09-25-2006, 05:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 7.5man
Briguy:

Not trying to create a fuss here but the Helios is NOT a digital radio. It is analog. The screen may be digital for readings but thats it. The insides are FM mode.

So your right and KO Propo is wrong ? I think I will believe a reputable company over some person on a forum .
Old 09-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Hey Briguy:

Tell ya what, since you want to believe KO's word try this. Send an email to KO to send you proof the Helios is 100% digital. When (if) you get a response, copy and paste their response on this thread please. If you show me the proof then I'll gladly retract my statements.

I wonder if KO will even respond?

That sounds pretty fair to me. I'll be waiting!

And BTW, I used to use a Ko Mars and it was a good radio in its day, but it was nothing like the Nomadio for ease of settings, speed, comfort, and battery life.

Have a good day!

Old 09-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Tech Champion

The Helios is digital . I suppose in your mind Nomadio is the only radio that is digital . Believe what you want . Take a look at a Helios manual and you will see . Obviously you never had a Helios so there might be a slight chance you don`t even know what your talking about . Again , I don`t really care what you think , but for others that are thinking of getting one , I don`t want your false statements pushing them away from a great product .
Old 09-25-2006, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Briguy:

You are pretty funny fellow. Heres something for you to chew on:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=KOP80066

If you look closely at the Helios it says FM at the top of the page. It can be switched to HRS which increases speed with a digital servo. The FM mode by trait is analog.

Even though when you use your Spektrum 2.4 Gig module and reciever which is digital by itself the analog Helios transmitter only transmitts in a analog FM signal to the Spektrum digital module.This is not digital at all....

Hence you see racers with the Nomadio system call the Spektrum system "Da Slow Mode" because it is not a 100% digital radio and 100% digital module/reciever working as one unit.

Now whether you like the Sensor or not I could care less but I don't like being told that I spread false info. If I did not know for sure I would have never said that the Helios is not a digital radio but just a FM radio. I have been in this hobby for many, many years and misleading people is not my bag.

I'll take your apology now.....

thanks....
Old 09-25-2006, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

What mode does Spektrum work with?
Old 09-26-2006, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

K_King:

The Spektrum system is 2.4 Gig (similar to cordless phones etc), not the common 27 or 75 band AM and FM that has been used for years on surface models in North America. It does not use crystals but searches and finds an open channel (about 70 are available) when switched on and a channel is found, then it is spoken for and cannot be used by any other Spektrum system. This stops frequency conflicts.

The common FM radios that can change modules to be converted to a Spektrum 2.4 (KO, 3PK, Hitec, Airtronics, JR) must then use a Spektrum module and reciever. The Spektrum module allows the FM transmitters to create a signal to it. It is a FM signal (analog) that is converted to the 2.4 Gig signal. But because the radio is FM (analog) the signal is not a true digital signal.

hope that helps some.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.