Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marshalls Hilltop Hobbies raceway Pa.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 05:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Yeah, that was a weird day. It's a shame the nasty weather hurt the turnout a little bit. 13.5 was eye-opening to say the least. Took me the better part of the day to get a decent feel for it, and still I was down about 3-4 teeth on the gearing. I chunked a couple tires, too, which wasn't happening with the 17.5. And I heard Dylan's chassis broke... So I guess the old saying is true... The faster you go, the more stuff you break. lol

Get those 1/12 cars running, people! The new 12R5 felt good, but still needs a bit of dialing in. Still though, it got better as the day went on.. 47 laps in the first heat, 49 in the second heat and 50 in the main. And it was undergeared by a few teeth also.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lotus1
Back again.Weird day.Just another example of dont try this when exhausted.Salvaged a bit tho.Oh well theres always next week.Oh damn...have to work saturday....Oh boy..whatever.
And I missed it
Old 12-01-2008, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher
And I missed it
Dumbass.But at least you know I luv ya!
Old 12-01-2008, 06:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

m,
i try hard to not drive that way myself.but racing is tight and fast...lol
it happens quickly.
looking forward to coming back and having run again.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morris
m,
i try hard to not drive that way myself.but racing is tight and fast...lol
it happens quickly.
looking forward to coming back and having run again.
SSScool,I know what ya mean...no problamo.Just a bit tired of getting taken out in the 1st turn(THIS IS NOT SLAMMING YOU!!)aS i SAID IT WAS JUST A BAD DAY.WEIRD SCIENCE.M
Old 12-01-2008, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lotus1
SSScool,I know what ya mean...no problamo.Just a bit tired of getting taken out in the 1st turn(THIS IS NOT SLAMMING YOU!!)aS i SAID IT WAS JUST A BAD DAY.WEIRD SCIENCE.M
Wow! you were taken out in the first turn and you didn't blame, I know, i wasn't there, but i figured you'd find a way to blame me So who ran what Sunday and what were the results?
Old 12-01-2008, 07:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

It's a shame you and Mike couldn't make it yesterday, Jamie.

Alex won, I got 2nd, after that I'm not sure. I looked for the sheet afterwards, but couldn't find it. I won 1/12, but it was only a 3 car field and the other 2 drivers (Dirt Runners guys) were brand new to the track and were having some difficulties. Either Zane or Theo won the mini class. I'm not sure which. Seemed that almost everyone had issues in the rubber TC class. I think only 2 cars finished.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TimNJ

Alex won, I got 2nd, after that I'm not sure. I looked for the sheet afterwards, but couldn't find it. I won 1/12, but it was only a 3 car field and the other 2 drivers (Dirt Runners guys) were brand new to the track and were having some difficulties. Either Zane or Theo won the mini class. I'm not sure which. Seemed that almost everyone had issues in the rubber TC class. I think only 2 cars finished.
Next week we will be there. Good job Taking second! You Ran The 13.5?
See Ya Next Sunday
Old 12-01-2008, 08:03 AM
Tech Champion

it would have been better for me to wheel the car like i did in the qualifier before the main....lol
i think alex and i had going into the main was up 2 laps on the feild...
but everybody running the main got there goods together and ran strong..even after the bumper car scenes...i couldnt finish due to a diff coming loose...but i will look forward to come and race there again.

exspensive drive for me also...a little more than a whole tank of gas to my home to marshalls and back to my house again....
Old 12-01-2008, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

it would have been better for me to wheel the car like i did in the qualifier before the main....lol
i think alex and i had going into the main was up 2 laps on the feild...
but everybody running the main got there goods together and ran strong..even after the bumper car scenes...i couldnt finish due to a diff coming loose...but i will look forward to come and race there again.

exspensive drive for me also...a little more than a whole tank of gas to my home to marshalls and back to my house again....
Wow that is quite a drive. what car do you drive that you blew the dif on?
Old 12-01-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

Wow that is quite a drive. what car do you drive that you blew the dif on?
i bought a new losi type-r car.
they have been putting the wrong diff scres in there kits..so i will have to contact horizon to get it tooken care of.will have to call them sometime today and do that.great set-up they give right in the kit build.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Next week we will be there. Good job Taking second! You Ran The 13.5?
See Ya Next Sunday
Yeah. I ran the 13.5 and was chasing the gearing all day long. After each run, I kept going up 2 more teeth and got reasonably close in time for the A-main, but was still a few teeth down. Me and Jeff were battling for 3rd and the 2 leaders checked out, but then I guess Morris' diff went, so I slid up into 2nd.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Tech Champion

Yeah. I ran the 13.5 and was chasing the gearing all day long. After each run, I kept going up 2 more teeth and got reasonably close in time for the A-main, but was still a few teeth down. Me and Jeff were battling for 3rd and the 2 leaders checked out, but then I guess Morris' diff went, so I slid up into 2nd.
tim,
yea it was fun for the most parts of it.i was checking your 1/12 scale out in the main...car looked good...i have only ever tirde 1/12 once and i didnt really like it to much.although i would consider trying again.the track i ran it on before was a tall loomy carpet...so 1/12 was really hard to wheel.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

tim,
yea it was fun for the most parts of it.i was checking your 1/12 scale out in the main...car looked good...i have only ever tirde 1/12 once and i didnt really like it to much.although i would consider trying again.the track i ran it on before was a tall loomy carpet...so 1/12 was really hard to wheel.
Thanks! Your TC looked good, too. I had the same gearing issues with my 1/12 car that I was having with my TC. I started the day running 80/40, then went to 80/42, then to 80/44 and still wasn't close on temp. I just switched over to a Trinity B/L motor and changed the gearing to 76/44. We'll see how that works out when I race tomorrow night and again on Saturday night.

I just wish more people would show up with 1/12 cars. From what I've heard, 1/12 was big last year both at Marshall's and Dirt Runners, but just fell off all of a sudden. I only just got my first 1/12 car a month ago, a used CRC Carpet Knife and I loved it right from the start. And yesterday was my first race with the new 12R5 and I'm liking that even better.

I guess I prefer 1/12 over TC because 1/12 seems a little more maneuverable and the smaller size makes the track feel a little bigger. The 8 minute heats and mains are also a big selling point for me.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks! Your TC looked good, too. I had the same gearing issues with my 1/12 car that I was having with my TC. I started the day running 80/40, then went to 80/42, then to 80/44 and still wasn't close on temp. I just switched over to a Trinity B/L motor and changed the gearing to 76/44. We'll see how that works out when I race tomorrow night and again on Saturday night.

I just wish more people would show up with 1/12 cars. From what I've heard, 1/12 was big last year both at Marshall's and Dirt Runners, but just fell off all of a sudden. I only just got my first 1/12 car a month ago, a used CRC Carpet Knife and I loved it right from the start. And yesterday was my first race with the new 12R5 and I'm liking that even better.

I guess I prefer 1/12 over TC because 1/12 seems a little more maneuverable and the smaller size makes the track feel a little bigger. The 8 minute heats and mains are also a big selling point for me.
thats kool./best thing to do to figure out gearing would prolly to vivst the 1/12 forum on here.peeps on there might be able to help you out.
are you running 13.5 motor?
are you using lipo in it or you using 4-cell nimh?

i would consider picking another one up.but i couldnt race it there every week.
what tires you using like maybe whites in the back...and i havnt a clue what to use on the front...
i might just have to shop around for a used set-up somewhere.

yea my tc was pretty good.i got the car friday afternoon and was fighting the diff thing.was up late saterday finishing the build.
for out the box set-up it felt really good there...i hope it feels just as good where i usually race at.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.