Wiki Posts
Search

Engine flooding/loading up

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 06:01 AM
Tech Adept

Default Engine flooding/loading up

Hiya,

I need some help with my Mach 427 in my LST2 (decided to post here because the Monster truck section doesn't get viewed much)...

I have problems starting my engine. I have about .5 gallon through it. What happens is, I can get the engine to start, but it just dies as soon as I pull the throttle. I have to loosen the glow plug, spin the engine over a few times... and then it starts ok.

During break in, it did not to this (it would start, and take off straight away). Now, I have to loosen the plug and turn it over a few times before starting. I let the car sit about 1 week after break in.

I have charged all batteries.

Also, as soon as I get the car to start (i.e. high throttle) it runs well, but doesn't hold idle for too long (5 sec. max, then it dies (loads up with fuel)).

Any help greatly appreciated.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

lean out the low end.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:44 AM
Tech Addict

yeah lean it out until it goes without stalling. rev it out a bit in the air before you throw it on the ground if it keeps doing it just lean it out 1/8th turn evry time until it takes off with no prob but be carful you dont lean it out too much or youll cook the engine.

then tune it to temperature.but mainly feel of acceleration upto max throttle.with a nice smoke trail etc.

as for your idle. screw the idle screw in a bit so it revs up a little on idle but only to the point that your car doesnt move dont screw it in so far that the car moves then you cant call it idle can you hehe.

just be sure to rev it out for a bit before you try to drive it get it warm. see how you go.

if you cant get a handle on it by tuning then you may have problems with air leaks or carby problems or fuel tank leaks .
Old 09-26-2006, 07:49 AM
Tech Adept

Ok, will try today.