Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 09:06 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bajaracer1501
Right on, that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for...I'll pass on it now. THANKS

basically the only good thing going for the q mount is the easy access....there really isn't any other benefits i can think of....it looks good tho.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I puchased the losi aluminum front spindles and having trouble removing the hinge pins. Is it best to just get some pliers and twist the hinge pin out the old plastic one?
Old 11-21-2008, 04:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Did you remove the grub screws (set screws) from the spindle? There should be two set screws. One for the top king pin and one for the lower king pin.

I haven't used the aluminum spindles but I assume the steering king pin is held in the same way. If I'm not explaining this well enough check your manual, or Losi's website for manuals and expoded views.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:33 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by air8
Did you remove the grub screws (set screws) from the spindle? There should be two set screws. One for the top king pin and one for the lower king pin.

I haven't used the aluminum spindles but I assume the steering king pin is held in the same way. If I'm not explaining this well enough check your manual, or Losi's website for manuals and expoded views.
ya there the same as the plastics.

Drift buggy use a flat head to pry up on the pins Once you got the set screw's backed off....sometimes you can JAM your nail in there...but ive had them stick and bend my nail back...so now i just use a small flat head to.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

Hey guys,

Im new to the 8ight, just picked up a dialed used one, anyways, Im getting a Novarossi Limited bf.21 and a Dynamite 086 HC pipe, and I was looking at the Losi starter box......is it any good? I have heard both good and bad, but was just hoping some guys that have hands on with it, or currently use one would chime in......thanks guys peace TW
Old 11-21-2008, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pwnzor
Hey guys,

Im new to the 8ight, just picked up a dialed used one, anyways, Im getting a Novarossi Limited bf.21 and a Dynamite 086 HC pipe, and I was looking at the Losi starter box......is it any good? I have heard both good and bad, but was just hoping some guys that have hands on with it, or currently use one would chime in......thanks guys peace TW

I used my Losi box last year for my 8ight and 8ight-T and I've had no problems at all. It doesn't have the power and torque of my Ofna truggy box but since the Losi box is very easy to line up both the 8ight and 8ight-T I will be using it again next year. I've heard of guys upgrading the motors in the Losi box with Traxxas Titan motors to make the box a little stronger. I've also heard of people using the ofna motors instead of the Losi motors because there stronger as well.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

I recommend getting the Ofna truggy box .

http://ofna.com/images/starters/st-sb-10244-big.jpg
Old 11-22-2008, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Would I be better off purchasing the aluminum rear bearing inserts or converting the rear over to the 2.0?
Would I be better off getting the lightned outdrivers or get the 2.0 HD ones?
Why is there different F/R CV Shafts from the 1.0 and 2.0?
Would the front and rear arms off the 2.0 be a straight swap?
Old 11-23-2008, 08:31 AM
Tech Lord

little mod i did to my 1.0 chassy's

Old 11-25-2008, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Im new to the 8ight, and I have a couple questions. Is anyone using the Trinity Extech Nitro X3 Clutch System? I just got a new engine and am looking at clutch setups for it. Its between the Trinity setup, or stock losi flywheel/cb with Dynamite maxx life shoes and 2-gold and 2-silver springs......lmk what you think. It will be for a 8ight 1.0 with a Novarossi "limited" bf.21 with a Team Losi RE10 pipe/header. The track I run on is medium sized/very hardpacked with a light dusty surface, with a 100ft backstretch, some tight/technical sections, and some open flowing sections. I am not a very aggressive driver. Thanks for any help, and as soon as all my stuff gets here, I will post a pic of my 8ight Thanks everyone! TW

also: will getting the KHZ radio tray stiffener get rid of the t/b servo stress issues? Or is there something else I need to do to ensure myself that I dont smoke my Ace 1313 servo.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:30 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by pwnzor
Im new to the 8ight, and I have a couple questions. Is anyone using the Trinity Extech Nitro X3 Clutch System? I just got a new engine and am looking at clutch setups for it. Its between the Trinity setup, or stock losi flywheel/cb with Dynamite maxx life shoes and 2-gold and 2-silver springs......lmk what you think. It will be for a 8ight 1.0 with a Novarossi "limited" bf.21 with a Team Losi RE10 pipe/header. The track I run on is medium sized/very hardpacked with a light dusty surface, with a 100ft backstretch, some tight/technical sections, and some open flowing sections. I am not a very aggressive driver. Thanks for any help, and as soon as all my stuff gets here, I will post a pic of my 8ight Thanks everyone! TW

also: will getting the KHZ radio tray stiffener get rid of the t/b servo stress issues? Or is there something else I need to do to ensure myself that I dont smoke my Ace 1313 servo.

cant say ive ever tried the Extech.....I personally run a M2C on truggy and the steel losi flywheel on buggy......get the 2.0 radio tray, dirt guards , and linkages and you wont have to worry about the servo "issues" as the new tray has been beefed up.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

cool man, thanks for the info Integra, I may just go Losi steel flywheel and Dynamite shoes(lot cheaper). I will do the 2.0 radio tray/mudguard upgrades you mentioned to get away from the t/b servo plague. Integra, why is the linkage not available @ Amain yet? Or am I just blind
Old 11-25-2008, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

You might want to get some green clutch springs also. The silver/gold combo is pretty darn snappy, I found I like the green/gold better most times.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by cjtamu
You might want to get some green clutch springs also. The silver/gold combo is pretty darn snappy, I found I like the green/gold better most times.

x2...and on the linkages....i honest have no clue why they are not available as of yett...make no sence to me.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy
Would I be better off purchasing the aluminum rear bearing inserts or converting the rear over to the 2.0?
Would I be better off getting the lightned outdrivers or get the 2.0 HD ones?
Why is there different F/R CV Shafts from the 1.0 and 2.0?
Would the front and rear arms off the 2.0 be a straight swap?
Your better off to convert to the 2.0 rear case as it can be shimmed. And the aluminum inserts will not fit in 2.0 cases.

From what ive been told, the HD outdrives arnt really needed.

The shafts are different because to my knowlege losi is using harder materials in the 2.0 bones to last longer.

the arms are a direct swap if you run the 3.5mm outer hinge pins which are 5.25 for 2 from Amain.

Hope this awnsers all your questions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.