Losi 8ight building and setup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Curious if anyone could let me know how much lighter the 8ight 2.0 is over the 8ight? I keep reading it's lighter than the original,but the only lightened items I can spot are the shock towers

So just wondered if someone would be kind enough to post the weight difference and if possible the ready to race weights of the 8ight and 8ight 2.0 with the same motor/servo/pipe set-up.

Thanks

Rod

My 8ight is roughly 3450 ready to run, I'm about to purchase a new buggy and would really like to know all aqbout the 8ight 2 before committing.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Actually, the chassis on the 2.0 is lightened as well...chassis has some material milled out for weight savings and added flex!

Originally Posted by Merciless
Curious if anyone could let me know how much lighter the 8ight 2.0 is over the 8ight? I keep reading it's lighter than the original,but the only lightened items I can spot are the shock towers

So just wondered if someone would be kind enough to post the weight difference and if possible the ready to race weights of the 8ight and 8ight 2.0 with the same motor/servo/pipe set-up.

Thanks

Rod

My 8ight is roughly 3450 ready to run, I'm about to purchase a new buggy and would really like to know all aqbout the 8ight 2 before committing.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by underthethumbma
Hi all i was out racing today and i noticed that my carb on my sirio cl3b is sticking is this caused by the angle the carb is at or do i need to strip my carb down this is only my second race with the 8 and i am loving it i changed for a x1x buggy my laps are coming down i got the losi love bug
Definitely grind the center diff mount like desert bird said and check the carb by hand. If it's sticking you may have hit the barrel with the center diff mount. The 8ight flexes so much that you need to leave a gap (I leave about 2mm) b/w the diff mount and the carb barrel. If you don't the chassis will flex and the diff mount will hit the carb barrel. I know 'cause it happened to me, LOL. Also happened to a buddy's v-spec. Then it acts just like a servo going out when you run it. Replaced my carb, left a little more gap, and no problems since. I have my Extech (Sirio based engine) in the car right now, if you want a pic of the linkage setup LMK.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Here ya go. The gap is partially covered by the TRS (aka o-ring) but it's about 2mm. You can see that I have the diff mount Dremeled all the way back to the post. You want the carb to be as straight as possible, but you also need to leave some room for the chassis to flex. Like I said, I learned the hard way.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 8ight building and setup-2008_11030001.jpg  
Old 11-04-2008, 01:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy
Does anyone elses front centre shaft rub on the steering servo mount?
No rubbing on the servo mount here. Did your center diff get tweaked, and sitting a little sideways now? Or is the radio tray screw holes elongated and the tray has moved towards the center? Not sure what you got going on there sir.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:23 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
No rubbing on the servo mount here. Did your center diff get tweaked, and sitting a little sideways now? Or is the radio tray screw holes elongated and the tray has moved towards the center? Not sure what you got going on there sir.
X2....checked both mine bug and trug and no rubbin what so ever.....U can see a line that was worn into the bone by a chunk o Dirt getting stuck in there...maby thats what your seeing and thinkin its touching.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Neither of mine are rubbing either .
Old 11-05-2008, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

My 8ight is a first generation car, a buddy had it pre-ordered and got it the first couple days they were out. He ran it once and then it sat at his house for 2 years or whatever it was till it came to live with me, LOL. I have about 1 1/2 gallons of fuel through it with no issues and I'd like to keep it that way. About to do a complete tear down. I know there were a couple issues with the first gen 8ight. Going to the HD diff housing is a no brainer. The rear outer hinge pins on the car (and the spare pack) are gold. Are these the old, soft ones? If I go to the HD fiff housing should I run the center diff front bearing adapter anyway? Just looking to bulletproof the car while it's apart, so if there's anything else LMK. Already have the M2C front and rear toe blocks, so that's not an issue. Thanks.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

TTT for brian001. Linkage pic is a few posts previous.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Default losi rear diff

hi all losi driver here,

i notice that my losi rear diff is kinda shaking or rather lose. its can move back and forth even install in the rear diff case.

anyone faces such problem too?
Old 11-09-2008, 02:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Hi everyone

I need some help, dose anyone use a kings headz extended motor mount? i want to use my losi clutch and clutch bell but cant remember which way the arrows are ment to point?
Old 11-09-2008, 03:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by novaa
hi all losi driver here,

i notice that my losi rear diff is kinda shaking or rather lose. its can move back and forth even install in the rear diff case.

anyone faces such problem too?
you need new rear bearing insterts

I need some help, dose anyone use a kings headz extended motor mount? i want to use my losi clutch and clutch bell but cant remember which way the arrows are ment to point?
place the mount on both ways look at the front of the mount you have more area one way or the other from the top mount to the end of the mount thats the way you need it
i think forward is the right way
Old 11-09-2008, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by porkchop
you need new rear bearing insterts

place the mount on both ways look at the front of the mount you have more area one way or the other from the top mount to the end of the mount thats the way you need it
i think forward is the right way
i hav bought myself and aluminium insert. i try puttin it in and the rear diff still lose. i think this might be the problem of shimming . i wonder losi 2.0 shim can be added to losi 1.0.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

To use the Losi clutch and King Headz quick change mount, the arrows are to point forward towards the front of the engine.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
To use the Losi clutch and King Headz quick change mount, the arrows are to point forward towards the front of the engine.
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.