Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

We need a bigger pic...
Old 06-19-2007, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Someone please post bigger pic of JConcepts .

Ace servos, huh. My buddy ordered 2 of them but said they are oversized he couldnt fit it on his P.O.S.lol.

Last edited by trebor; 06-19-2007 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cota348
I thought I had all the answers with the Losi Starter Box but it won't be available until late july.

So the choices are:

OFNA 10244 The two 775 motor
Mugen MUGB0230 BII
OFNA other (to use this one I need to trim the wheel)

What is the best choice?

Thanks in advance for the info.
The Ofna Truggy box for sure, we just used one this weekend it is awesome! I had to mod it a bit for the Eight T but should bolt right up on the Eight. (chassis was a little long)

Integy makes a new box w/ 2 775 motors also, a friend has one and says it's awesome but no one had them in stock, actually I just looked Tower has some
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKTL6&P=7

Just tried the Ace servo this weekend, worked awesome, it is fast also.

Rex
Old 06-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Tech Adept

Default Starter box

Thanks 22Racer, I heard good things about that box
Old 06-19-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

Alright fellas, I need some help here. I have had the 8ight for about 5 gallons now (all track time) and love it. I have not had issues until now. For the past 2 gallons or so, I am have been having an issue with the carb - when the motor heats up (about 220 degrees), the carb starts to stick and will not open smoothly...sometimes it sticks so bad, you have to use pliers to pull it out all the way. Now, this is NOT a motor issue...this is happening with 3 different engines! (Ninja, Sirio with vspec carb, and a Nova 21). It ONLY happens when it gets hot. When cold, the carb action is smooth as butter. I have adjust all my carb angles every which way, the throttle arm, etc. I followed the post on here (with the pics) to the T when I built it and did NOT have any of these issues for the first 3 gallons or so. I know my EPA's and linkages are good....

I thought it was my qoncepts engine mount, because it seemed to start about the time I put this on and the Extreme Racing CB radio tray. I changed back to the stock 8ight engine mounts and it still does it. I am going to take the CF radio tray off and try it, but I doubt this is the issue???

Another odd thing is my buddy's eight started to do the same thing the other day with his Radical 621T. Same EXACT thing...he has never had an issue either (and he is on the stock throttle servo as well...we built them together). Perhaps a bent chassis, or the chassis is tweaked (since it does it with ALL the engines I have tried and only when hot)?

Has anyone else seen this issue????
Old 06-19-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Might just be a tiny spec of dirt in the carb barrell.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Adept

ok how is it possible that i burn up a z590 with this list of precautions to keep it from burning up I have the king heads radio brace am running the rubber grommets have 1 O-ring under the reciever box had 2 but one busted and i know i have the EPA on the throttle and brake set right. i'm kinnda leary about installing my other ace in its place when i have all these precautions and it still burns up, this just has me madder than a dog
Old 06-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vroom88
ok how is it possible that i burn up a z590 with this list of precautions to keep it from burning up I have the king heads radio brace am running the rubber grommets have 1 O-ring under the reciever box had 2 but one busted and i know i have the EPA on the throttle and brake set right. i'm kinnda leary about installing my other ace in its place when i have all these precautions and it still burns up, this just has me madder than a dog
Not surprising. At 85 oz of torque, it isn't strong enough to handle the abuse you put on it (even if you have your endpoints set).

1/8th scale throttle (or steering) should be at least 120 oz, preferably more.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Try backing your idle screw off a touch.
Sometimes when some carbs get warm, they start to bind on the idle screw.
also, instead of cranking down the idle screw, try leaning out the bottom end a touch. Hope this helps, i have 4 gallons on my losi and 421B and has run no less than awesome.

Nate
Old 06-19-2007, 08:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kcdzim
Not surprising. At 85 oz of torque, it isn't strong enough to handle the abuse you put on it (even if you have your endpoints set).

1/8th scale throttle (or steering) should be at least 120 oz, preferably more.
so you think i would would be perfectly safe installing my ace DS1313
Old 06-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

i have found that useing some type of throtal return on the 8ight makes setting up the servo alot easier as you can have the retun spring keep it at idle rather than the servo pushing on a spring causeing heat.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

just my opion but i say u need something with atleast 150 oz on the thrt.. Ive one jr servo that was 125 it burnt up in my floor. then i went to the airtroniccs 94358 200oz its not a cheap servo but all 5 of my buddies run them and have been for a yr and no problems. then i got buddies with all kinds of problems with servos that only have 125oz.. buy good servo set it up right there will be no problems... good luck man...
Old 06-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

A throttle servo doesn't need more than 120 oz. of torque!
You guys are nuts. I've run a 9451 futaba servo for my throttle in every 1/8th scale I've ever owned. I bought it 3 years ago, and it's still going strong. The same one has lasted without ever stripping a gear or frying the motor.

I'm using it because it's transit speed is actually quicker than alot of super high torque servos. Speed is more important to me than having a 200 oz servo that will rip my reciever and battery tray off my chassis.

I'm still confused on how people are burning up servos. It seems pretty simple to me. I hear people saying that they set everything up correctly, but they still burn up servos. My first thought is that you must of missed something.

I will agree that a super high torque servo for steering is always a plus. 190-200 oz of torque provides plenty of snap and go!
Old 06-20-2007, 02:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default stuck

Pull off you carb and take the slide out. dremel down both sides of the channel were the idle screw sets in. Just enough to take the sharp edge off. That should do the trick.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Cored motor servos like the cheap ones are do stay at hold when the car is in the stock configuration. Get rid of that inline throttle return spring and get one that is much lighter. Traxxas makes a great one. Aslo use the Losi gas truck throttle return spring. When the carb is closed you should have no spring tension on the servo. Cheap servos will burn their boards and motors if they are left under load.
Still, put a good coreless servo in when you get the opportunity.
My 9451 Futaba has ben flawless racing 2 nights a week.
TEX

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.