Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Trebor, plastic one's will work fine untill the aluminum one's are out. Im still using the plastic holder's with no problem. Just keep an eye out for any play on the rear diff. replacement are under 3 buck's,so its good to have a set as spare's regardless. Can't wait to fly up and do some racing...I hear your getting fast, Have to show you how the southern boy's drive..Dukes of Hazzard style....hehehe...
Old 05-16-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

How much noise, if any, do your guys' clutch bell and spur gear make when rolling it on the ground by hand? I think I have my mesh set ok, (I jam one and can wiggle the other slightly producing a click) however it is really noisy rolling it back and forth. I'm thinking this is due to the fact that both gears are metal. In the past on other vehicles I've only ran a plastic spur and a metal bell.

Thanks,

-Mike
Old 05-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 220 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bohh
How much noise, if any, do your guys' clutch bell and spur gear make when rolling it on the ground by hand? I think I have my mesh set ok, (I jam one and can wiggle the other slightly producing a click) however it is really noisy rolling it back and forth. I'm thinking this is due to the fact that both gears are metal. In the past on other vehicles I've only ran a plastic spur and a metal bell.

Thanks,

-Mike
if it's loud it's a tad to loose
Old 05-16-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

Should it have any play in it? It seems if I make it so tight there is no play it is hard to move, but makes no sound.

Thanks,

-Mike
Old 05-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 220 (100%+)

yes it should have some play leave like 2 to 3 pieces of paper thickness play to accomodate chassis flex
Old 05-17-2007, 02:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freefallmarine
Trebor, plastic one's will work fine untill the aluminum one's are out. Im still using the plastic holder's with no problem. Just keep an eye out for any play on the rear diff. replacement are under 3 buck's,so its good to have a set as spare's regardless. Can't wait to fly up and do some racing...I hear your getting fast, Have to show you how the southern boy's drive..Dukes of Hazzard style....hehehe...
Yeah, I know. Just like the idea that its aluminum.he-he. I already got an extra set of plastic. I cant wait for you to come up either. Oh, make sure you put plenty of reading material on your rear bumper for me to read for when you are lapping me. lol. Hows your body feeling after those couple of days of hard labor?

Bohh- I usually use construction paper to space the bell and spur. kl
Old 05-17-2007, 02:19 AM
Tech Elite

No Worries buddy, I am Ninja in the art of hacking .
Old 05-17-2007, 02:27 AM
Tech Elite

OK Guy's Im curious, What's your "go to" tire and wheel combo for your 8? You know no matter what track you go to it's your favorite,or standard start up,set-up tire and wheel. Let's see what everyone's using. Me?, Proline Wabash wheel's and Crimefighter's in M2 compound.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey freefall I recently dismounted all my old wheels and put all my tires on the Losi rims. There's a lot of meat around the hub area and I think that the slightly bigger wheels get through the little chatter bumps better. Kind of like we used to do when we raced motorcycles on the ice. Bigger wheel on front gets through the breaking bumps better....

As for tires Crime Fighters are the tire I put on the most, but I have lots of others...
Old 05-17-2007, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

I always keep a set of Crime Fighters in my box, they work almost everywhere. I'm not saying that there is not a better tire for the particular track but crime fighter work pretty well at most outdoor tracks. I'm now also liking the GRP Grip. For clay indoor, Cell Blocks, Inside Jobs or if you have the money to blow Kyosho X-pins.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

I tend to like the crimefighters also. I cant remember where I heard this but someone said use crimefighters in front, bowties in rear, or vice versa. Anyone try this?
Old 05-17-2007, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I believe it was Truhe who dubbed that setup "Bowfighters". Haven't tried it yet - I plan on it this weekend though.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by freefallmarine
OK Guy's Im curious, What's your "go to" tire and wheel combo for your 8? You know no matter what track you go to it's your favorite,or standard start up,set-up tire and wheel. Let's see what everyone's using. Me?, Proline Wabash wheel's and Crimefighter's in M2 compound.
Crimefighter's in M2 compound... Ditto
Old 05-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by XMSRacing
I believe it was Truhe who dubbed that setup "Bowfighters". Haven't tried it yet - I plan on it this weekend though.
Yeah, Im gonna try it too. Is that the right setup? CF's in front BT's in rear?
Old 05-17-2007, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

Casey Peck was the first that I know of to use/try the "Bowfighter" tire combo on 1/8 buggy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.