Losi 8ight building and setup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 08:23 AM
Tech Initiate

you just asked that question in the Losi section buddy......guess what everyone is going to say

of course.....the 8ight is A LOT better than anything else.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Hopefully someone will either reply here or PM with their honest opinion. EVERY car has problems, this one's no different Justin. Just want to get an idea of what I'm in for should I get this car.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tex1
Matt,
The 2050 (discontinued so don't sell it) has more bottom. The 2060 is a smooth pipe that was designed to settle peaky motors such as the V-Spec.
Both are great pipes! The 2050 will get you a little better fuel times.
Hint = The 2060 (long curved) comes with a completey different header than the 2050 (short squared). Get both headers! It is a great tuning option.
Hope this helps,
TEX
Thanks, that's what I was looking for
Old 03-19-2007, 09:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

The best and the worst part of the 8 is the shocks IMO. I've had no servo issues but the shocks leak terribly and require maintainance after every qualifier. The TKO O-rings suck and bind the shocks. The best we've found are the Advantage O-rings. Use one per shock and a stock one. Then use the DuPont O-ring stop leak on the rings. This helps a LOT.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by xrayeddy
Could be because of the rather short chassis braces that they intentionaly put a bend in the chassis. Bridges, overpasses, aluminum tractor trailers all have bows to them to counter flex.

On a side note, how's this car compared to the Xray and Mugen line of cars? Build quality, maintenance, durability, etc. You can't dispute Xrays quality, but parts are tought to come by, whereas the Losi's parts should be in every hobby shop.
Yes this is what is called "Pre-Stressed".
Old 03-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Bent chassis from the factory? And this whole time i thought it was that crazy casing of the quad that bent my chassis.....Well, i guess it wasn't my fault after all! yeah, thats my story and im sticking to it!
Old 03-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

...Well it looks like maybe my internet desk engineering idea was wrong
Old 03-19-2007, 09:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'd be very curious to know why the actual designers of any given brand of vehicle rarely, if ever, post on forums to clarify such questions. After all sponsored drivers rarely seem to know the details.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:51 PM
Tech Adept

Well maybe it was my mind that was pre-stressed
Old 03-19-2007, 09:54 PM
Tech Adept

So here is another question.
Is it normal for a Ninja engine to be very hard to turn over by hand. Is the 'Pinch' so great that it is like this till it is heated by a Heat-Gun till warmed up?????
Old 03-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by satoch
I'd be very curious to know why the actual designers of any given brand of vehicle rarely, if ever, post on forums to clarify such questions. After all sponsored drivers rarely seem to know the details.
'Shaun' from Castle Creations does. He was and is a regular Forum member, over on the RCCA Forum, on the Brushless topic
Old 03-19-2007, 10:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cool, that's one. How about here? After all, I race a Losi 8 buggy.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by satoch
The best and the worst part of the 8 is the shocks IMO. I've had no servo issues but the shocks leak terribly and require maintainance after every qualifier. The TKO O-rings suck and bind the shocks. The best we've found are the Advantage O-rings. Use one per shock and a stock one. Then use the DuPont O-ring stop leak on the rings. This helps a LOT.
I agree the O-rings in the shocks suck, I put brand new Losi O-rings in and after running it twice out on the track, two of them were leaking I hate rebuilding the shocks all the time, plus the bottom reataining cup is a pain in the butt to get off without using pliers which totally scracthes them up.

I also notice the pins on the front center dogbone wear easily due to the angle at which it sits. I know these problems have been talked about already but just wanted to give my opinion
Old 03-20-2007, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

my shocks never leak. I've never ever had a problem with a losi shock.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kylehirano
I agree the O-rings in the shocks suck, I put brand new Losi O-rings in and after running it twice out on the track, two of them were leaking I hate rebuilding the shocks all the time, plus the bottom reataining cup is a pain in the butt to get off without using pliers which totally scracthes them up.

I also notice the pins on the front center dogbone wear easily due to the angle at which it sits. I know these problems have been talked about already but just wanted to give my opinion

Opinions greatly appreciated

Anyone else, feel free to PM with whatever else you can think.

The more I look at it, the more I like the different design, but fear that it may be an Edsel in disguise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.