Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would say as long as you are using the rubber grommets, you shouldn't need the spacer.

On a side note, I saw somewhere (BMain hobbies or TKO site) that someone is selling 'throttle return' o-rings. Basically, large thin orings that you wrap around the carb and throttle linkage ball stud, instead of using a real spring. Some people use small rubber bands as well. Well, I never could get a real spring to work well without binding the throttle slide, and normal rubber bands dont like the heat/fuel exposure. So, while shopping for other parts, I noticed the Losi shock cap o-rings for the LST shocks are pretty darn big, like an inch in diameter. They fit perfectly around the carb body and throttle ball stud. I put 2 of them on, and the carb snaps all the way closed every time perfectly. You can get a pack of 8 of them for $3.00 or less. We shall see how they hold up.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Those

Those wraps look awesome supermaxx. So you must have your 8ight T pre ordered. Well can not wait to see pics of when they are on your buggy and truggy.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi8ight
Those wraps look awesome supermaxx. So you must have your 8ight T pre ordered. Well can not wait to see pics of when they are on your buggy and truggy.
you could say that I'll be getting my 8ight-T as soon as it arrives Pics will be up soon of my buggy with the decals. Thanks.....
Old 02-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Initiate

I use those throttle return o-rings on my 8ight and they work well. I have three of them on and they work great.

You can get em here:
Carb-O's
Old 02-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've been running Novas for the past couple years and was wondering if you guys are running any of the Werks Team lines. I like the looks. I was either going to try one of those or a Vspec this time around.

Anyone got any info on the Werks? Do you have to rotate the carb at all for the EIGHT? I'm really picky and don't care for the way you have to rotate the carb in the block on the Novas. Never had to do it before.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I have the Werks Collari (last year's) B7. It's an awesome engine. Great power curve, a little softer off the bottom than a V-spec but has endless top end and the best milage I have ever seen in an engine. It is lasting very well too. I like it with the OS 2050 pipe (better off the bottom) but most use a 086 or the JP2.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default did anyone else read ?

i just got rc car with thw 8th buggy shootout. 1st off jammin passed on the shootout...why?... and then after all the rave reviews they rank the losi 3rd ,kyosho wc 2nd and the mbx5 r 1st.. i dont agree at all.. y losi is way easier to drive fast and consitant than my 777 sp2...my 2 cents
Old 02-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Adept

Talking Hey everybody

Hey everybody I have a real quick question for anyone. Ok I am going on amainhobbies right now to buy extra parts for my losi 8ight now I already have extra arms front and rear, spindels and carriers and rear hubs, preoiled air filters,now what else do you think I should buy for my 8ight to have extra of like what breaks the most and what is always good to have extra of. Please let me know as soon as possible thank you very much.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for the info on the Werks motor Davidka

LosiEight. You should pick up some hinge pins and especially some for the outer rear. Clutch parts, shock retainers and some rebuild orings for the shocks. That is about it... Double that order and send half of it to my address...
Old 02-08-2007, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

Default lol

lol is there anything else I should buy also.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by losi8ight
Hey everybody I have a real quick question for anyone. Ok I am going on amainhobbies right now to buy extra parts for my losi 8ight now I already have extra arms front and rear, spindels and carriers and rear hubs, preoiled air filters,now what else do you think I should buy for my 8ight to have extra of like what breaks the most and what is always good to have extra of. Please let me know as soon as possible thank you very much.
If you cartwheel at all like I have, Buy 4 or 5 packs of rear outer hinge pins. This is the only thing I consistently bend. Dont bother spending 12 bucks for the lundsfords they bend aswell, Ive tried them. If you bend one your rear toe and camber changes so pull bad one out and replace with a new one on hand. I have a hole box of spare parts Like 300 bucks worth and haven't broken a thing otherwise. Another good thing to have on hand is Shock bladders and diff cases and gaskets. These are consumable things for me.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cwalters
I've been running Novas for the past couple years and was wondering if you guys are running any of the Werks Team lines. I like the looks. I was either going to try one of those or a Vspec this time around.

Anyone got any info on the Werks? Do you have to rotate the carb at all for the EIGHT? I'm really picky and don't care for the way you have to rotate the carb in the block on the Novas. Never had to do it before.
I think you will have to rotate the carb on any motor you buy. If you are real picky like you say then you should stick with the NovaRossi family or may be RB. I have strayed away from RB & Nova before and was always sorry. Don't get me wrong, there are pleanty of companies making fast motors out there but the quality of NovaRossi & RB cannot be beat. Get an RB C6 or WS7III, you'll be happy with it.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:24 AM
Tech Adept

Default Thanks

Thanks monkeywerench and cwalters I really appriciate it. Thank you again. Also can you buy the outer hinge pins on Amain because I do not see them all I see are the inner it says.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Does anyone have any feed back on the Extreme Racing carbon fiber radio tray that A main is selling???

part number XTR10807
Old 02-09-2007, 08:21 AM
Tech Addict

losi8ight,

Heres the link to A-mains outer hinge pins. I too have bent a few sets. I have three sets now. If one gets bent during a heat/race, I will swap it out in the pits. When I get home I use a small brass hammer and straiten them out again. I've straiten my original set 4-5 times now. It very easy to do....

I would like to see Losi chance the hinge pins to a bigger diameter (x2), but then they would have to change the rear arms and Hubs too to fit the new pins size. Just a though.......

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/7783

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.