Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Rubber tires choices >

Rubber tires choices

Rubber tires choices

Old 09-19-2006, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Rubber tires choices

Guys I am new to EP and not sure about selecting the right rubber tires for the situation. How does the sorex tire rating works? eg 20r, 24r....40r. I was told that its the temp rating of the tires but how do I know which to use when? do I check the temp of the ground? ambient temp?

Also what are the general rules to match inserts....eg sorex type B, C and so on?....
Old 09-19-2006, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Are you racing on asphalt or indoors on carpet? If outdoors how hot is it where you are at?

If you are indoors in carpet you will want to run Sorex 28R's or Take Off RP30's if the grip is good. If grips is low run Sorex 24R's or Take Off RP24's

If you are on asphalt and it 90-100 deg F outside run Sorex 36R or Take Off RP36's. If it is 70-90 deg F you can run Sorex 32R, 36R or Take Off CS27 or RP30.

In some places Sorex is faster and in som places Take Off is faster. The Take Offs are available premounted in rims with the right inserts so you can pull them out of the bag and race them.