Wiki Posts
Search

Xray T2'007

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Fred- What turn brushless motor are you running in mod? I had the car rockin' yesterday in 19 turn. I'll be running mod mods next weekend.
3.5/4.5
Old 12-12-2006, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AChupp2
It seems a lot of people are using the Futaba S9550 servo for the T2 and T2 '007, what servo mounting whole does it use? The narrower or wider? Hope that makes sense.
neither. you will need to use some washers on the mounting screws and the wide mounts.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AChupp2
It seems a lot of people are using the Futaba S9550 servo for the T2 and T2 '007, what servo mounting whole does it use? The narrower or wider? Hope that makes sense.
Originally Posted by theisgroup
neither. you will need to use some washers on the mounting screws and the wide mounts.

Additionally, the BMI kit allows the use of any servo with the normal mounts. I had no trouble mounting the 9550 to my BMI chassis and I didn't have to "jimmy" it in.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Anybody know a good servo that uses the narrower servo mount?
Old 12-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
-The '007 is better suited for carpet racing, and fixed what the T2 lacked in that department.

Keep in mind the '007 comes in 2 versions, rubber and foam tire. So your observation in only half true.

-Also, by just reading this last page, is something wrong with the bearings XRAY supplies?

Nothing wrong in terms of a manufacturing defect. XRay is saying that these bearings have tighter tolerances and so they need to be lubed sufficiently until they are broken in.
Thanks for clearing it up for me. I will get the US Spec version then. When I get this T2 007, I will be racing on-road for the summer, so should I get the Euro instead, and will it be a good carpet racer? Or vis versa? I can't afford both.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Michael Barch
Thanks for clearing it up for me. I will get the US Spec version then. When I get this T2 007, I will be racing on-road for the summer, so should I get the Euro instead, and will it be a good carpet racer? Or vis versa? I can't afford both.
Are you running foams or rubber tire's on carpet? If it's rubber tire then get the EU 007 and that will carry over to the asphalt. If you are running foams then you have a tough choice to make.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Are you running foams or rubber tire's on carpet? If it's rubber tire then get the EU 007 and that will carry over to the asphalt. If you are running foams then you have a tough choice to make.
I used to run foams, but near the end, before I quit, I ran rubbers. Rubbers took some getting used to, and some good prep work with the lube. Me, being a college student, on a budget. Foams are expensive, and you need to get a new set pretty much each week. Rubbers however can last a little longer, and IMO, take more skill. So do you think I will be better off running rubbers on carpet, and then it will be cheap, and cost me nothing to switch right over to the asphalt.

So Euro edition sounds like it would suit me better? Yes, we can run rubbers on the carpet track.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:07 PM
Tech Initiate

I used to run foams, but near the end, before I quit, I ran rubbers. Rubbers took some getting used to, and some good prep work with the lube. Me, being a college student, on a budget. Foams are expensive, and you need to get a new set pretty much each week. Rubbers however can last a little longer, and IMO, take more skill. So do you think I will be better off running rubbers on carpet, and then it will be cheap, and cost me nothing to switch right over to the asphalt.

So Euro edition sounds like it would suit me better? Yes, we can run rubbers on the carpet track.
I believe buying the EURO version suits you the best. When your constraint (i.e. budget) gets relieved, I believe you can just buy the US version the upper and lower chassis plate, the springs for foam and one more set of ball diff. Then you can have the foam version to run form tires. That's the cheapest way I believe.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

And lets not forget with the multiflex ability some of the stiffy settings overlap between the EU and US versions, so its is possible to run the EU with just the addition of a ball diff for foam.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Alright thanks. I think the Euro suits me the best right now. I'll try and pick up the foam version next winter, for indoor season. See what I can do.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
And lets not forget with the multiflex ability some of the stiffy settings overlap between the EU and US versions, so its is possible to run the EU with just the addition of a ball diff for foam.
FYI, if you run the EU chassis with foams on medium to high grip carpet, I'd highly suggest using the +0.75 (high roll center) suspension holders all around. This will make up a lot of the difference that the thinner chassis flex gives and raise the car up out of the carpet. Otherwise, the car will likely dig in mid corner and lose a lot of corner speed.

Acquiring the US wide top deck/alum posts, and running the posts in the outer position will help a good bit as well.

Last edited by teamgp; 12-12-2006 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:00 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

my EUs job is rubber tire on indoor smooth asphalt. any suggestions. i've seen the setups but other ideas on its function are welcomed. that and i've also toyed w/idea of 4/5cell.

Ult
Old 12-12-2006, 10:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The EU version would be your best bet. The multi diff alone is worth getting the EU. Car worrks really well with rubber tire's on carpet. I have mostly run Paul L. vegas set up with a couple of changes. I'm still running the same rubber tire's I used in Vegas for club racing. The tire's will last longer than the foams.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default electronics layout

Hi all,

Just wondering if people wouldn't mind putting up pics of the electronics layout for 4 and 5 cell batteries?

Thanks in advance,

Leonard.

p.s. or if you know where I can access some photos from???
Old 12-14-2006, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Pinion Gears

T2 007 EU running stock & 19 turn, switching to 64 pitch, Have a 114 spur. What would be a good range of pinion gears?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.