Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xray T2'007

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 04:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am running the co27 tweaked motor in the 007 with the standard 116 spurgear. I am just curious what are you guys using for pinion size?
Old 11-20-2006, 06:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
I should have built a car during the Buckeyes game today. Maybe that would have calmed my nerves.
How is Michigan still ranked #2 after a loss. I hope ND beats USC next week so maybe ND might have a shot. My cousin plays for ND #11 on offense. The car will be completed today once I get off of work. Gotta be ready for Wednesday
Old 11-20-2006, 06:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You've got that right.. If it was ND they would of dropped to 8 or 9 in the BCS.. But granted it was a good game they should of dropped to at least 3 or 4th and be 1 in front of ND...

Anywho.. My Xray hits the track tonight... Finally all built and tuned and read to see what she can tear up....
Old 11-20-2006, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just built my 07 EU edition over the weekend and I have a question concerning the multiflex.

I like it really soft, and I looked at the pictures in the setup guide, and for the soft setting, it looks like there are only 2 screws holding the rear bulkheads ( 1 in each) , none in the layshaft/spur bulkhead, and 2 in the front bulkheads(again, one in each. Is that really correct? it seems quite odd to me that there isnt much to keep the bulkheads in alignment.

thanks,

Lon
Old 11-20-2006, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think that is because those are not supposed to be removed at all. If you look closely they do not have the same kind of highlight the others have(the big circle). I think it is understood that these are not removed.

Not 100% sure tho.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by "Spanky
I am running the co27 tweaked motor in the 007 with the standard 116 spurgear. I am just curious what are you guys using for pinion size?
27 with 58mm tire diameter (foam) - calculate roll out for larger tires
Old 11-20-2006, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lon_L
Just built my 07 EU edition over the weekend and I have a question concerning the multiflex.

I like it really soft, and I looked at the pictures in the setup guide, and for the soft setting, it looks like there are only 2 screws holding the rear bulkheads ( 1 in each) , none in the layshaft/spur bulkhead, and 2 in the front bulkheads(again, one in each. Is that really correct? it seems quite odd to me that there isnt much to keep the bulkheads in alignment.

thanks,

Lon
Like Joe said - I think you have it backwards... you took out the screws you are supposed to keep in and kept in the ones you were supposed to remove.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duckman996
Like Joe said - I think you have it backwards... you took out the screws you are supposed to keep in and kept in the ones you were supposed to remove.

hmmm. when i look at the setup book that came with the car kit. It says hilighted circle is screw not used, and filled in circle is screw used. the pic for the softest setting shows 13 highlighted circles, with four of those circles being the four screws that hold the layshaft bulkhead in, or atleast to my old eyes it appears that way. So I am really confused.

New info: ok I just tore out everything that comes with my 007 EU and I have come to the conclusion that the picture in the setup book must be wrong. The included advertisement has a pic for the multi-flex settings and it shows a more reasonable 8 screws not used, which leaves 2 screws in each bulkhead.
Maybe someone can confirm or deny that the pic in the included setup book is wrong.

Last edited by Lon_L; 11-20-2006 at 01:58 PM.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:38 PM
taj
Tech Adept

hi
trying to find a shop that sells (in stock) fk05 chassis's over the net
thanks for any help
Old 11-21-2006, 03:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

http://www.hobby2000gatineau.com/

Call them i know they have a T1R,FK05 on the shelf.... There online store is not always up to date. This is in CND $$ so take that into consideration. I know there old stock xray cars have been reduced in price.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

ive been looking at chassis stiffness as well. it looks to me as it is wrong as well. the way they say in the book means theres gonna be like 2 screws holding the rear end together . that cant be healthy can it. but as u say the leaflet that comes with it makes more sense
Old 11-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just ran my car over the weakend,carpet version,used Paul L setup,car is dialed in 19t.First time out ran best ever with this car..loving it..
Old 11-21-2006, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Paul, the fast guys at our track (Flack, Johnson) don't seem to be concerned about chassis drag in the corners. I think that even a little scrubs off some speed. What are your thoughts ?
Thanks.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

2 Questions before I start the build.

1. I understand the edge of the chassis needs to be sealed w/ CA. How do you do this without runoff onto the top or bottom of the chassis? Very carefully is not the answer I am looking for. Is there a method to it?

2. Just received the kit and noticed the bulkheads are already attached, but there are 3 screws missing on the rear bulkheads and 2 on the front. Is this something I will insert later on or were they left out by mistake.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

svines, you are being very cautious with your new ride.

Applying CA to the edge is all about the applicator. A bottle of thin CA is difficult to use well. Ideally you should buy some clear plastic CA-droppers from your LHS. Something like this:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXB970&P=7
They give you great control of how much glue comes out. Once you have them, you can touch the tip to the edge of the chassis, while holding the chassis such that the edge is vertical or near vertical (so gravity pulls the drop down the edge, and not onto the top or bottom surface), and squeeze out as small a drop as possible. Then use the applicator (near the tip) to spread that drop around into a thin film, evenly. Work your way all the way around the chassis.

I think I read about someone use cottom swabs for that. That might work.

The missing bulkhead screws are in one of the bags. At the step where you re-install the bulkheads, you will have the additional screws in front of you.

-Adam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.