Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xray T2'007

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lbckevin
I ran my new Euro Version 007 tonite and it ran great. I used the same setup for rubber tire / asphalt indoor racing at socal and the car ran great for TQ .

But in the main, the front bearings heated up and melted the steering block and the cvd and bearings pulled out and the plastic had melted. I was leading and had the race in hand , until this happened......

Any possible reasons why this happened ?
Oh Yea, forgot to ask, where did you your EU car from?
Old 11-15-2006, 12:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Wow...Teemu switching to XRAY. I didn't see that coming!
Old 11-15-2006, 12:29 AM
Tech Regular

Default Upgrade kit release date

Hi all

does anyone know if the release date for the t2 -> 007 upgrade kits has been announced yet or is santa going to be leaving me an I.O.U in my stocking !
Old 11-15-2006, 07:07 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by prdquik
Are the EU's coming to America any time soon?
Yes they should be in in the next 2 weeks I think. They have been shipped and are waiting to clear customs I believe.

EA
Old 11-15-2006, 07:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Default 007 EU

Thanks Eric.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was checking out the teamxray website and under products there are optional parts for the 007. Is anyone using any of the aluminium or composit parts? Also what about the wheel offsets?
Old 11-15-2006, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Donny,

I lubed the bearings before assembly and on the 3rd run, they overheated and melted the steering knuckle in the main.

I got my EU from PrecisionRC.com
Old 11-15-2006, 09:12 AM
Gravity RC

TRESFR: so far our set-ups with the new car have been alot different than with the t2, but i think that is alot of everyone trying new things lately. When they made this car they lowered the CG and brought alot more of the flex to the rear, both things that i think made the car smoother. and of course the adjustable center point steering is very useful
The US version is definately for high bite only, but in my opinion the eu spec is better for low traction surfaces than the T2. But back to the question: to me the ballance on this car from front to rear is different, on my rubber tire car i am 2lbs stiffer in the front spring than the usual T2 set-ups and on my foam car i am 2lbs softer in rear spring than my usual T2 set-ups, so its kinda doing the same thing with both cars but in different ways. I think that at so-cal takes a little different aproach to set-ups than most other tracks, so its kinda hard for me to help. but that is what i know. thanks paul

Spanky: Right now with one of my setups i am running the wide hexes in the front, and most of the guys run the aluminum rear uprights. the hexes are a good tuning option for the car. other than that a sway bar kit might be good to have because reciently we have been recieving some foam set-up's with sway bars.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hey Paul
I'm putting together my 007 EU as we speak. Any ideas for a good set up for Trackside? i plan to come up and try it out next week
Thanks Tom
Old 11-15-2006, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Need advice. Looking to purchase a T2. In my area there are 2 tracks, So Cal in Huntington Beach (High Grip Asphalt) and Bending Corners in Orange (Carpet). I really dont want to purchase 2 cars and set up one for each. Should I go with the Regular T2 or are the improvements substantial on the T2 007? Can one T2 007 be set up for quick change for both surfaces? If so, should I get the Carpet or asphalt version?
Old 11-15-2006, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by svines1972
Need advice. Looking to purchase a T2. In my area there are 2 tracks, So Cal in Huntington Beach (High Grip Asphalt) and Bending Corners in Orange (Carpet). I really dont want to purchase 2 cars and set up one for each. Should I go with the Regular T2 or are the improvements substantial on the T2 007? Can one T2 007 be set up for quick change for both surfaces? If so, should I get the Carpet or asphalt version?

-Should I go with the Regular T2 or are the improvements substantial on the T2 007?

The EU'007 is more balanced and consistent than the T2. The EU of course has options not found on the T2 and from where I stand I will always take more options and not be limited in functionality. I ran the T2 for about 6 months and have been running the EU about a week now and it's impressive and is a better car than the T2.

-Can one T2 007 be set up for quick change for both surfaces?

Judging by your question I believe it's safe to assume that you won't be running MOD foam but rather rubber tire stock/19T on carpet. A rubber tire asphalt and carpet car are very close in setups so if you only wanted to have one EU'007 that would suffice. Also at BC unless you run 19T/MOD Pro then all other classes are rubber tire only.

EDIT: I'm a local at both tracks.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin
Donny,

I lubed the bearings before assembly and on the 3rd run, they overheated and melted the steering knuckle in the main.

I got my EU from PrecisionRC.com
Hey Kev I think last night you gave new meaning to "Driving the wheels off that thing!!!"
Old 11-15-2006, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TRESFR
I have a regular T2 for Pro-Mod at Socal and I recently got an EU 007 to replace my 19turn Car. I put the same setup on my 007 as my regular T2 and the car feels completely different. My regular car is .2 faster per lap and can often set fast lap and now I am .2 off fast lap and losing to yokomo's (yeah it's that bad). What are the inherent characteristic differences between the two cars. What was this car designed to do better than the old car. Is the regular T2 better for high bite asphalt. I do run rubber tire carpet so I could dedicate it to that. However I would think it would be better on carpet and high bite asphalt. I have only spent 4 hours on test and tune but if anybody has a good suggestion to save time I would appreciate it.
As Paul stated, the weight balance has been modified from the original T2 to the 007. The original T2 is slightly heavier in the rear, whereas the 007 is as close to 50/50 as you can get with the rear arms in the middle wheelbase position. Part of this is due to more material being removed from the rear bulkheads as opposed to the front. The other part comes from repositioning the non-chassis component mount points (servo, etc.).

One of the differences noted with the 007's balanced package is that it will magnify the effect of even the slightest setup change at the front or rear. As with all setup options, there are always tradeoffs. The original T2's package may have masked some of the negative effects with such options. However, the 007's more balanced package may reveal those effects. As such, you may find that some original T2 setups will not work quite the same when applied to the 007 package. And on the flip side, some T2 setups may actually improve when applied to the 007.

We highly recommend using the basic setup sheets (rubber/foam) as a starting point. But of course most drivers (including me) that have found a good setup with the T2 will quite naturally want to try it with the 007. Just keep in mind that it is probably not the best option if an actual race day is the first time your new ride hits the track. It may take extra track time to adjust an existing T2 setup for the new 007 package. And it may not work at all without major adjustments.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRESFR
now I am .2 off fast lap and losing to yokomo's (yeah it's that bad). .

Old 11-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Thanks for the info. Is the T2 007 EU edition available in the US? If so, where and what are they going for?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.