Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
I have gone seen the future and it is LI-PO! >

I have gone seen the future and it is LI-PO!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I have gone seen the future and it is LI-PO!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
Yea and they are out of their minds for that price!!!!
Its singapore dollars. Its the same price as the platinum.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Oh wait...maybe if we run in stock... we should be "required" to run stock motors and stock approved batteries???
yada yada yada... I still got last! And I did sign up for 4300... I just scared everyone away!
Old 09-14-2006, 09:29 PM
Tech Adept

Default Li-po for the 415MSX?

Does anyone know what type of Lipo pack the Tamiya guys used at the KO race?
Old 09-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Tech Regular

I have stated the price in USD also to avoid confusion.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:38 AM
Tech Addict

Both Fred Medel and Gary Demery from Tamiya used the Orion Platinum 4800 and the Orion Advantage Flght charger for the entire weekend.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
I dont know what the Team Orion's and --- and --- are paying the factory guys, but they better get onboard FULLY with the LI-PO. I believe they know this and discuss it in meetings. Maybe they have a bunch of scientists under contract and a buttload of cells to get rid of.
??? Orion has been the primary promoter and seller of Li-Po batteries specifically design for use on R/C cars for a little over a year now. We didn't just take a plane pack and market it to car guys. We made a specific package to be used in todays R/C Cars and have constanly been and continue to work to improve cells and there interface to be used in our applications.

We also are the largest supplier of Sub-C cells worldwide this allows us to be on the forefront of both technologies. Some are not and they make themselves obvious.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MrBlack
??? Orion has been the primary promoter and seller of Li-Po batteries specifically design for use on R/C cars for a little over a year now. We didn't just take a plane pack and market it to car guys. We made a specific package to be used in todays R/C Cars and have constanly been and continue to work to improve cells and there interface to be used in our applications.

We also are the largest supplier of Sub-C cells worldwide this allows us to be on the forefront of both technologies. Some are not and they make themselves obvious.
None make a specific package you just packed it with Kokam in safety box and placed your sticker :-)

As for LiPo I tested the latest prototype versions of Thunder Power batteries and it runs very well - even better than any NiMH accus matched for nowadays. But the problem is one - LiPo really dangerous, I saw the planes blow out - look very cool, but I don't want the same with my TOP touring car
Old 09-15-2006, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by number_one
None make a specific package you just packed it with Kokam in safety box and placed your sticker :-)

As for LiPo I tested the latest prototype versions of Thunder Power batteries and it runs very well - even better than any NiMH accus matched for nowadays. But the problem is one - LiPo really dangerous, I saw the planes blow out - look very cool, but I don't want the same with my TOP touring car
Wow your first post.... Shut it!!
Old 09-15-2006, 08:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by EricF
Wow your first post.... Shut it!!
I don't like answer forums, read only )))) That is why for a year I'm reading that flood ))
Old 09-15-2006, 08:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by number_one
WRONG.

We took a Kokam cell and re-engineered how it is wired together and designed a durable package and interface allowing it to be used specifically for Cars.

We make Li-Po's for the Plane industry www.teamorion-avionics.com look up the 4800's and 3200's you will notice though they have similar cells the packege is different far beyond the sticker.

We have never denied we use Kokam cells we even put on the battery itself as we are proud of the quality of our supplier. However we unlike others took a good product and improved it with our own original design and development.

We are working with them to design the next step in technology we do not simply put a sticker and a case on a cell.

Please take some time to think before posting in the future.

Thank You.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:33 AM
Tech Addict

Sensative sensative. At the end of the day everyone is re-selling somthing. Who cares! Just celebrate the hobby and enjoy the toys.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:35 AM
Tech Initiate

WRONG.

We took a Kokam cell and re-engineered how it is wired together and designed a durable package and interface allowing it to be used specifically for Cars.

We make Li-Po's for the Plane industry www.teamorion-avionics.com look up the 4800's and 3200's you will notice though they have similar cells the packege is different far beyond the sticker.

We have never denied we use Kokam cells we even put on the battery itself as we are proud of the quality of our supplier. However we unlike others took a good product and improved it with our own original design and development.

We are working with them to design the next step in technology we do not simply put a sticker and a case on a cell.

Please take some time to think before posting in the future.

Thank You.

Look, none tells that Kokam is bad supplier - it is one of the best LiPo manufacturer in the world.

I won't be angry with you, because my opinion still the same about some products. That doesn't mean that products are bad, I used Peak for many years and still like that brand and their products, besides I use here another manufacturer.

I Hope I know what you are working on now and it is seemed a real future - very high discharge currents hope you are able to homologate this for the next year.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

Both Fred Medel and Gary Demery from Tamiya used the Orion Platinum 4800 and the Orion Advantage Flght charger for the entire weekend.
MrBlack,

How did they make this fit in the MSX? The rear bulkhead is in the way. Did they modify the batt case or the car?

Thanks for the info.......
Old 09-15-2006, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
I think I'll pick up 1 6000 pack and see how I like it.

What charger are you using that you're stuck at 2amps, you should be able to charge at 1C which would be 6 amps...

I'm really not sure what's going to happen at Willis. The track is really not that large and depending on the layout we either run stock or 19t, you really can't run mod. I'm hoping that the 13.5 will be alowed in stock.
I am using a Superbrain 977. These anti li-po people had me so paranoid, I charged it at 2 amps to be on the safe side. It takes a bit of time and I am glad you clarified that. I will probably max out at 5 amps.

I am running the 4.5 for the street. From what I have seen in the past, I know Willis with the twists and turns will be waayyy too small for that motor. I have some 27 turn and 19 turns and if they allow it at Willis, I will get a for the indoor season.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

this was a double post, sorry guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.