Wiki Posts
Search

Revelation Raceway Ofna Offroad Championships

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Revelation Raceway Ofna Offroad Championships

I run 10th scale and 1/8 scale onroad only, but this past weekend I went to Revelation Raceway to watch the Ofna Offroad Championship race.
To say that this event was first class all the way, would be an understatement. Saturday they had close to 200 signups, and even more Sunday. The parking lots and nearby streets were jammed with cars,trucks,motorhomes, and the pits were overflowing with people working on their vehicles. I was blown away with the way the event was handled.
The complete event for both days went off without a hitch, and with Ofna donating complete truggies,buggies, and engines for raffles made it even more exciting. The track was in great shape, and the comments from the drivers was that the track was very fast.
My hat is off to Dana, and his crew that worked so tiredlessly over the weekend to make an event of this size,go off so smoothly.
With a starting time of 3:00 pm, the event was still going strong late at night.
Fantastic race Dana, great job!!
Old 09-04-2006, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dana and the Rev crew always put on a great show. I was practicing onroad and I had to leave early since I didn't want to get stuck trying to get out due to the traffic in the parking lot. There were alot of people comming in by sat morning. I also want to thank OFNA for supporting a great track like rev by being so generous with the prizes. Now OFNA needs to sponsor an onroad race. lol
Old 09-04-2006, 09:43 PM
JGO
Tech Adept

Default wicked race

hi i just wanted to say what a great race.it was a long drive and it was worth every second. first time i have been on the off road track. (usually run on road) . just wanted to say thank you to the OFNA team and DANA at revalation raceway for putting a race. special thanks to CHRIS VERANO, JEFFERY LIN, STEVE NGUYEN and the other OFNA team. thanks CHRIS for setting up my buggy it was dialed .and BRYON for helping me. thanks guys cant wait to go to the next OFNA CHAMPIONSHIP RACE AT REVALATON RACEWAY AGAIN.

Last edited by JGO; 09-04-2006 at 10:06 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default OFNA CHAMPIONSHIP AT REV

I want to say thanks to dana for the great job he did this weekend. I had a great time special thanks to Chris and the Ofna team for the great suport and all the stuff they donated this was an A+++ event I hope to see this race again next year

Great job again Dana and ofna
Old 09-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default THANKS

I just want to take the time to thank all the racers that came out to support the race. The amount of entries was way more than I expected (199). Dana and the crew at Revelations did an awesome job running the program. Congrats to all the winners. We will do it again next year, hope to see everyone there.

Chris
OFNA Racing
Old 09-05-2006, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Francis M.
Now OFNA needs to sponsor an onroad race. lol
I'm sure we will eventually.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Tech Addict

Arrow WOW!! Great Race! Revelations Raceway and OFNA!

All I can say is, Ya Baby That’s What I’m Talking About!

The attendance does prove a point about the growing and very ominous off road crowd. I remember only two years ago when a big race at Revelation was about 80 sign-ups. Now, 80 is a slow night for a club race at Revelations!
As for my experience at the race I do have to say it was really fun. I signed up expert buggy with hopes Dana would break the pros off in their own class, but he ran out of time. I liked racing with the pros but was put in my place by most of them. I think I needed that to keep my over inflated club race head from expanding any further. I did place 1st, 3rd and 3rd in my qualifiers ahead of Jammin Jay Halsey in two of them. So I'll hold onto that as my highlight. After qualifying their was only 13 guys in the expert buggy class that were faster than me and that includes about 11 pro team drivers.
I ran a tired RB S5 sport engine all weekend that had no balls , so my weekend seemed a bit slow if you know what I mean. My race engine was problematic and of course when I needed it most! The most off the hook engine had to be Ryan Lutz (TEAM KYOSHO) buggy expert class. That engine sounded like no other and nearly held wheelies every pass down the straight. One thing I have to throw in is congradulations to Rob Binder 2 as he bumped from the C main expert buggy all the way to the A main....WOW! Nice Job Rob, he was also the only privateer in the A main. I shot over 120 minutes of video so I'll be editing and posting when I get some time to do so.

Thanks to:
OFNA

DANA & Crew (Revelations Raceway)

Anthony Smalls (Pit) (I have proof that Smalls got hacked 10 times in his main, it took him totally out of the race. Shame on you hackers!)

Marc (Pit) (He won a Hyper8 that paid for the weekend )

Jeff (RV compound) (Took 1 trophy with his Xray XB8 TQ, GOOD JOB!)

Little Boy Blue (RV compound) (Took 2 trophies with his Xray XB8 TQ, GOOD JOB!)

…..and the Grey Goose!

More Races Like This please!!!!
Old 09-06-2006, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

i agree with all of the above - it was a very well run event & a lot of fun...for the majority. Things i would have changed would have been - less hackers & a judge or 2. i mean i saw some realy bad driving....cutting the track, people taking each other out. So all in all good job by the people running the event, how many entries? 200 plus or something? So i guess all i would have changed would have been to have some judges & that would have probably mean less hackers. A friend & i were watching a qualifier, & i said to him,"let me know when you see a car pass another car without cantact." In which i didn't hear a word

Anyhows, i would like to say thanks to Revelation for putting on this event - Thanks.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Part of the problem was that the real title should have been "Ofna Racing presents the Sandbagger Nationals" people that would normally be racing Amateur or Expert were going down a class or two...Amateur lap times were faster than Expert. We had guys running in Novice that would normally be in Expert.

Oh yeah...congratulations on whoever "won" my large box of spares. I hope you get as much use out of my stuff as I did. I don't want to think that that kind of stuff happens at Revelation, but apparently, it does. Dana runs a class operation, but evidently not all the participants live up to the track.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Congrats to everyone who raced! It was a hot one and I mean hot. Thanks to Dana, Rev staff and the OFNA crew for a good event!

The only thing I can say is there were alot of sandbaggers and as far as the hacking, I think someone needs to call ruff driving but I also think it would help if Dana would call the race and let you know who is who?

Number stickers are not expensive, and getting a annoucer wouldn't be that bad either.

Someone get in touch with Notch from Hodrod he is a great announcer.

Just my .02 cents

-Big Kid
Old 09-07-2006, 01:46 AM
Tech Regular

they really needed to call rough driving i saw people cutting the track in the mains, serious childesh driving going on.

also maybe if they didn't only give away prizes to sportsman drivers they would have cut down on the sandbagging quite a bit.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:29 AM
Tech Elite

where can get the full result..
Old 09-07-2006, 03:27 AM
Tech Regular

i have an idea for the sandbagging problem. Lets say for the 1st qualifying round, that everyone is going against the clock. Then when it comes to the 2nd qualifier everyone is split into groups so that the top group go into the expert. The not so fast go into the amature hour & so on. Or just keep qualifying all 3, & then split everyone up accordingly, so that everyone gets to race against people that are doing similar lap times. Now that would be fair. Cuz i saw some going a bit faster than myself in the amature class & i was in the expert. Come on which would you rather prefer? Close tight racing with less accidents & more competition. Or, you go round the track with about 2 or 3 of your friends & go; yep we one that one. Where's the skill in that? & where's the fun in that? This is racing. Go for the challenge, its a lot more self rewarding even when you don't get a trophy. So till next time,
Old 09-07-2006, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by arghh
where can get the full result..
http://www.revrace.com/RaceResultsDi...06.txt&ID=2141
Old 09-07-2006, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

Thanx Dana and OFNA. love.......... jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.