Search

Things U'd like to see made?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HotrodHopkins
that will be hard to make.
I know.....but, if it were somehow possible.....that is something I'd like to see made. Can you imagine how convenient that would be? A few seconds for an adjustment rather than keying the wrench everytime...
Old 09-02-2006, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mattb
a mi3 mattb edition lol in my dreams

on the mi2ec a seprate part on the bulkheads so u dont have to undo as much screws to get the diff out so like a top part and u can undo the top part and the diff comes out

just a few ideas lol
Old 09-02-2006, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

this is good,
im surprised some one hasnt made a copy of losi shock making tool the one that u can compare left to right.
i like the mi3 idea,
as far as lambo doors lol just by a civic and add a kit more fun
ground effects chassis i think thatd be banned pretty quick but be sweet.
oh tamiya have the ff02 or something front wheel drive electric as far as brake check out rc caraction issue where the check out skunk works or crf and the new orion crf 12 the show a trf ta04 with hydralic front breaks indepentant to.
id like to see a charger that does it all independednt discharge and charge up to 10 amp for both and of cause 35 amp flex discharge independant cell temps be awsome could match ur own stuff right now u need to buy an iic charger and ctx-d all worth about $300us crazy imo
pnematic (or how ever u spell it) tires for a tc would be great until u weighted em reckon thed be dearer than plastic/nylon wheelsbut i think nylon bead locks would be a hit with club racers cause u can reuse rims with out soaking them in acetone and u can change inserts with out buying new tires and rims
what ya think??
Old 09-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

i monster tire truer so you could true all 4 tc tires at once and they all would be the same size!!!
Old 09-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

sealed diff like the X-ray for all touring cars
Old 09-02-2006, 10:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
sealed diff like the X-ray for all touring cars
Sealed diffs sure are nice. If only T2 parts were not priced through the roof.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stratus Racer
Sealed diffs sure are nice. If only T2 parts were not priced through the roof.
Amen to that...i broke 2 steering knuckles and couldnt do my last 3 finals at the MNC titles this weekend
Old 09-04-2006, 02:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

does any one know some one who makes a fan mount for mi2 ec apart from cool can fan??
Old 09-04-2006, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HotrodHopkins
a pit stand with vice like clips to hold the chassis down, and that and angle it'self so that you can work on the tip while sitting in your chair or stool.
I have one, it hasn't been made in about 10 years...
Old 09-04-2006, 07:41 AM
Tech Champion

More options on harness wires for servos, transpoders and ESc's. I've seen some options on some servos and ESC's but going from 12" to 8" is still to long for some including myself . Unless these longer harnesses help prevent glitching, I don't understand why someone doesn't manufacture them shorter. They can state in installation manual if it reccomended to or not cut wires, give extra connection clips to cut wires if desired. Novak makes two interchangeable harness wires for the GTX (and probably others). Can't they make a wire at say, 3" instead of 11"? Servos and PT's could have the same style plug on them. You would have a option of how long of a harness wire to use. 10" wire is too long when the receiver is right next to the servo, PT, and ESC. Besides I've known some guys damage the transponder wire and now buy a new transponder or mutilate the one they have just to get inside to reconnect the damn wires. I would be p----- off if I break the wires on my PT. This is one thing I'd like to see.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
does any one know some one who makes a fan mount for mi2 ec apart from cool can fan??

Here
http://home.earthlink.net/imagelib/s...target=tlx_new
It fits on any motor. It clamps to the motor and can have two fans attached.
You can order them here.
www.teamtamale.com

Hope that helps,
-Shookie <><
Old 09-04-2006, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

More options on harness wires for servos, transpoders and ESc's. I've seen some options on some servos and ESC's but going from 12" to 8" is still to long for some including myself . Unless these longer harnesses help prevent glitching, I don't understand why someone doesn't manufacture them shorter. They can state in installation manual if it reccomended to or not cut wires, give extra connection clips to cut wires if desired. Novak makes two interchangeable harness wires for the GTX (and probably others). Can't they make a wire at say, 3" instead of 11"? Servos and PT's could have the same style plug on them. You would have a option of how long of a harness wire to use. 10" wire is too long when the receiver is right next to the servo, PT, and ESC. Besides I've known some guys damage the transponder wire and now buy a new transponder or mutilate the one they have just to get inside to reconnect the damn wires. I would be p----- off if I break the wires on my PT. This is one thing I'd like to see.
I am lazy right now to find the website, but you can buy new gold plug ends for sevo, esc or PT and you would just need to cut the wires to your desired length and just put new plugs on the wires and reinstall them into the plastic end.

I have opened up my Servo and removed the wires completely and shortened the wires and resoldered, mainly cause I felt comfortable doing it. I would probably not do it to an ESC but cause I was lazy I just shortened that wire.

I will try to find the site and the crimping tool, so everyone can shorten the wire.
I talked with someone in the industry and to shorten the wire shouldn't have any effect on the opperation of the products.

Hope that helps...
Well when I fidn the site it will...
But there is a way BRO...
-Shookie <><
Old 09-04-2006, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

i'd like to see all esc's have the wire mount tab on the outside of the casing, i like my wires short, so if i can easily replace them, i don't have to worry about them being too short.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?..._promot_widget
That shoudl solve all your requirements to shorten every connector. Just be sure not to make them too short or you will stuck with nothing to solder/extend if the time comes nessasary to sell or use that sevo/esc/pt in a different applications.
I.E. want to put the servo in a off road application from your TC...
I shortened my servo just because it was easy. The ESC & PT I just wrap the wire around a long screw driver and coil up the wire and they pretty much stay nice and clean.

-Shookie <><

But with the GTX good call. Make a three inch connector would be easy..and helpfull but on other ESC's I wouldn't as you can not add what you cut off...LOL

Last edited by Mr. Shookie; 09-04-2006 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?..._promot_widget
That shoudl solve all your requirements to shorten every connector. Just be sure not to make them too short or you will stuck with nothing to solder/extend if the time comes nessasary to sell or use that sevo/esc/pt in a different applications.
I.E. want to put the servo in a off road application from your TC...
I shortened my servo just because it was easy. The ESC & PT I just wrap the wire around a long screw driver and coil up the wire and they pretty much stay nice and clean.

-Shookie <><

But with the GTX good call. Make a three inch connector would be easy..and helpfull but on other ESC's I wouldn't as you can not add what you cut off...LOL
Shookie Thanks for the link. I didn't know they actually did sell crimping kits for servos. I already coil my cables but, it would be nice to have shorter wires. Also once you shorten a wire, you can always make an extension harness with this handy dandy crimping tool kit that you located to make life easier for poeple like me, thanks again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.