Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
BEWARE!!  Hotbodies Cyclone for less than $100!! >

BEWARE!! Hotbodies Cyclone for less than $100!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BEWARE!! Hotbodies Cyclone for less than $100!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

AZN FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and check out my sig, pinggoy.
thats funny.. hey why not make partnership with the dutch its 60-40
60% for asian and 40% for dutch pipz. we make the product you guys sell it. but dont sell it at walmart, they are so cheapo. bad for business
Old 08-28-2006, 09:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just for reference, the Cyclone that Chinese guy advertised was ripped from this auction, that RC Tech member 'Ballsie' put in the HB Cyclone thread:

Original -
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=270020555445

Chinese -
http://cgi.ebay.nl/Hot-Bodies-Cyclon...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 08-28-2006, 09:26 AM
imr
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Patriiick
they speak french in belgium too...!!
And to be complete: also German
Old 08-28-2006, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by academygaz
Just for reference, the Cyclone that Chinese guy advertised was ripped from this auction, that RC Tech member 'Ballsie' put in the HB Cyclone thread:

Original -
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=270020555445

Chinese -
http://cgi.ebay.nl/Hot-Bodies-Cyclon...QQcmdZViewItem
My god... Can't you just say that guy and not that chinese guy? We all know who that guy is.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:40 AM
Tech Adept

well actually he narrows it down,now ill remeber not to trust the chinese guy selling the cyclone on ebay!
Old 08-28-2006, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

but if somebody got caught by the hook and already paid ,you can trace the buyer address right? or is there some other way the scammer could get a way with that. i know they dont use paypal so its probably money order or check . and if you mail the money order or check you have to out in thier address.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

What they do is close down their account on Ebay and start on a new false name a new account and it starts al over. They tried this not only with R/C stuff but also digital camera's. For excample a Nikon D100 for 100USD with a normal retailprice of over 500-600USD. They also don't use Paypal since Paypal offer a buyerprotection and they know your real name since it refers to your creditcard. They often ask for to send them a cheque or so, so they can not be traced.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

i also had experience something like this, but i was the seller .i put my ps2 on auction and somebody without any feedback contact me and told me he will buy it. but he got a condition. he will send me a money order( with was from walmart) he send it through mail but he didnt put his address. he told me he will send $1500 (i put a buy it now price for my ps2 for $400) and told me to after i cash the money order i will send the rest of the money back to hi, he said to just take $500 for my item and send the $1000 back. it was too good to be true but i just ride with his scam. when the money order came in. i call the number at the back of the money order to check the validity and it was no longer valid. it was just a wast of time for him. he spend money to ship it and he didnt get anything. . i dont know what his motive is.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wouter.Z
We Dutch rule
Why does the movie Gold Member make fun of the Dutch all the time?

I got scammed on ebay before too. Not rc related but a cell phone. It also came from China.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

Damn... Chinese again... Well... At least my dad and his parents hail from HK. HK is much much better than mainland. My grandma's parents hail from Japan. And my mom was born in mainland but moved to viet i think. I am AZN!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2006, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

You hit it on the head perfectly as to what it going on more nowadays Mr. Unlimited.

I was eyeing up an iPod Video last week and almost ready to pull the trigger on a unit from a seller from Hong Kong. The items location was always in China. But looking at their feedback it was always around 10 to 15 and no buyers as positive feedback. So it was always sellers as they quickly made up some feedback bidding on $0.01 informational fake get rich quick and so on type auctions. So it is obviously a small network of criminals.

I even seen an auction one username selling the iPod that won a $0.01 type auction title with question marks, and every other piece of info and item descriptions as all question marks! ???? ????

What they hell was he buying? Almost fell out of my chair!

I did my homework and make sure to hold international sellers to a super high standard. Make sure that the feedback is higher amounts and legitimate looking, buyers and sellers or buyers with real feedback themselves. Make sure they don't have a lot of feedback with "No longer a registered user" under the name as that is a red flag! They should take Paypal and put some effort into their auction page. Some of these scam do look dressed up real well too you know. Their goal is to sell something at over a $100 a pop to quickly make up a few grand and morph into a new account or take a break for a bit.

I have dealt with many good Sellers of mostly R/C from Hong Kong and Singapore and Japan. They always deliver and fast too, you just have to make sure they are stable and seen over a long period of time and you would be okay then.

Ebay will have to tighten the rules up big time. They have risen their rates to sell stuff and this still is happening. They do have teams deleting auctions and accounts on things like illegal stuff up for sale such as transplants for millions and other of the higher scammer type items. New sellers should be put through a major test in terms of testing accounts and identities. Paypal should be a requirement and money should be held for the first few transactions until the buyer can give feedback saying at least item received.

They should shift focus from all this growing the empire crap and having universities on how to sell (which by the way is not working out anymore for most people as the market is saturated with every person and their cat selling anything you can think of) to stopping this growing problem now getting out of control.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pinggoy
i also had experience something like this, but i was the seller .i put my ps2 on auction and somebody without any feedback contact me and told me he will buy it. but he got a condition. he will send me a money order( with was from walmart) he send it through mail but he didnt put his address. he told me he will send $1500 (i put a buy it now price for my ps2 for $400) and told me to after i cash the money order i will send the rest of the money back to hi, he said to just take $500 for my item and send the $1000 back. it was too good to be true but i just ride with his scam. when the money order came in. i call the number at the back of the money order to check the validity and it was no longer valid. it was just a wast of time for him. he spend money to ship it and he didnt get anything. . i dont know what his motive is.

His motive was for you to think that you were going to get $500 for your ps2 and not $400. So you would run out and cash the mo and send him the $1000.
you would be liable for the $1500 when the mo bounced and he would get his $1000 and your ps2.

If it is too good to be true then it is more then likely a scam.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

does the cash checking store cant check if the money order is goood? and while i was listing my item he changes id and keep asking me if i can accept money order ,but i already learn something so i didnt even bother .. thats why paypal is sooo awsome!!

Damn... Chinese again... Well... At least my dad and his parents hail from HK. HK is much much better than mainland. My grandma's parents hail from Japan. And my mom was born in mainland but moved to viet i think. I am AZN!!!!!!!!!
why does my american friends doent consider filipino as an asian?? they say phil. is spanish.. man! we are asian we have the same scam they do!
Old 08-29-2006, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

I guess your friend is judging by skin colour. Filipino's are a bit darker, right?
Old 09-01-2006, 07:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pinggoy
does the cash checking store cant check if the money order is good? and while i was listing my item he changes id and keep asking me if i can accept money order ,but i already learn something so i didn't even bother .. that's why pay-pal is sooo awesome!!

why do my American friends not consider Filipinos as an Asians?? they say Filipinos are Spanish.. man! We are Asians... We have the same scams they do! (Were just not as good at pulling them off)
They (that would be the scammer) are banking that your going to take it to your bank, This is why they use more "off brands" of Money Orders (you don't see Western Union or US Postal money orders to often) most check cashing or pay stores will NOT cash this "type" of Money Order, Just USPS money orders or Western Union...And they do check THAT its good on the spot, Your bank does not verify funds until the next day. I have heard of this on car deals, Real 1:1 cars...Buyer scams seller in the same way, Difference is it's a lot more money. They use Cashiers Checks most of the time in the $ 15,000 to $ 30,000 range, most of the deals take place on a Thursday or Friday. So I guess now as a seller you also need to check for "scams" and for you Pay Pal aficionados your not safe either. I guess it's almost to the point of not shipping until the funds clear. I have not had any problems with Pay-Pal or Money Orders but I do know of people that have had problems of being scammed and they were the seller.
On the When people speak of Asian Americans, they tend to identify that label with Chinese American, Korean American or Japanese American, but seldom Filipino Americans. This is partly due to the lack, or invisibility in representation, of Filipino American role models in the wider community and media, despite actually being the second-largest Asian American group in the United States. Due to the extreme ethnic diversity that exists in the Philippines, with both native Filipino, Spanish, and Chinese influences, having iconic role models is particularly difficult - one might just as well try to label all Americans who move to China as "American Chinese", even though ethnically they may be completely different from one another.

Many Filipinos are ethnically closer to other Austronesian-speaking Pacific groups than to "mainland" Asians, although there is also significant mainland Asian influence, particularly Chinese, in the Philippines. Although the Philippines is far away from Latin America, they share a common history of Spanish influence. They are also sometimes grouped with Pacific Islanders, based solely on geography.

Intermarriage of Filipino Americans with other races puts them in a pattern of not only assimilation, a likelihood of an Asiatic cultural group enhanced with ancestry of Euro-Americans, Hispanics, African Americans and American Indians, and this was documented in California for a few decades.
Just an opinion...