Wiki Posts
Search

New Corally Touring Car At Nurnberg

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default New Corally Touring Car At Nurnberg

News Flash from the Nurngerg Toy Fair!!! Team Corally has lifted the blanket on the new Touring car!! It has been a long design process and the hard work has now been shown to the public!! Please post your comments and thoughts of the new car and I will try to answer as many questions as I can!!! I have not recently seen all of the changes to this prototype but I have been in on the design process for a while.

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A.

Last edited by JANTLE; 01-30-2003 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-30-2003, 09:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

how about posting a pic? are there any available? will reserve my comments 'til then.
Old 01-30-2003, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

Click on Futureal's post below to see the new car!!!!!!

Last edited by JANTLE; 01-30-2003 at 10:14 PM.
Old 01-30-2003, 10:06 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Is this the one?
Attached Thumbnails New Corally Touring Car At Nurnberg-nurnberg30010363.jpg  
Old 01-30-2003, 10:11 PM
Tech Regular

That is it!!!! I guess that is why you are the man!!!! Why would it not work for me?
Old 01-30-2003, 10:13 PM
R/C Tech Founder

It looked like you were trying to do with with an IMG tag, I just attacked it as a file. If you tried that and it didn't work... I have no idea. heh
Old 01-30-2003, 10:20 PM
Tech Regular

I guess that I was trying to make it too hard. I see what I did wrong now!!! What do you think?
Old 01-30-2003, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Hows this?

Old 01-30-2003, 11:13 PM
Tech Addict

Looks very 'Atlas' but very nice, Is that how it will arrive out of the box or will there be more plastic on the production version?
Old 01-30-2003, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hey jeff, looks super nice. missionesque in layout??? same question though...will the production have aluminum arms? it looks to have very little unsprung weight, but i can't imagine stocking xtra aluminum arms in my pit box. can we get more views?

btw - i just built one of the c4.1's that i was selling in the summer! it came out nice. i had to make a top deck, and i dremeled the chassis to have the 3x3 symetrical layout. nice!!! i love corally quality. i'll have it out this weekend at our track here with norcar. what setup did you run here for the champs on foams? whoops i guess i should just ask this on the corally thread. anyways.

later.
Old 01-30-2003, 11:26 PM
Tech Regular

I guess I don't see how it looks like an Atlas? That should be very close to how it will be in production. It is still a prototype and things may change. It was a little bit of a shock when I saw the picture on the net so I have not been able to find out all of the information yet. I just wanted to make sure that people were geting the right info as I know it about the new car.

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A.
Old 01-30-2003, 11:32 PM
Tech Regular

The arms will be molded. Again, This is a prototype and molds are expensive just to keep testing. I believe that the molds are being made now. The drive train is like a mission on this version. There is another version that the stock guys will realy love. It is to be an optional part for a direct drive single belt system. The car shown works best in Mod.

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:15 AM
Tech Master

Nice one Jeff.

I had already put my comments on the Corally thread before seeing this one.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

the mission type drivetrain is obviously tested and proven to work so no questions there. i was curious to see the singlebelt/direct drive (from rear to front diff pulley) layout though, that really interests me coz it would be a first for 1/10 TC. but its nice to know that the option to switch to the drivetrain will be there.

JANTLE: one thing though, if you say the single belt layout works for stock, are you saying that its performance in mod does not quite work as well as the dual belt drivetrain? what makes it "not as good" for mod?... if thats actually the right way of putting it.... i was thinking that things like better acceleration which are a true advantage in stock (and what a single belt would probably give) are always a welcome performance improvement in mod (i can never have enough punch)... not to mention a seemingly more efficient drivetrain that a single belt design would give is always a good thing in mod. .... pardon me if this seems like a lame question. was just somthing i was pondering on.

Last edited by ROBORAT; 01-31-2003 at 02:52 AM.
Old 01-31-2003, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

It looks like it has a strongly rearward and not very even weight bias, with the motor right back, and the cells on the other side, and not very far forward. My impression is that the attempt to build a direct drive car has compromised the layout (though I'm sure Corally's designers know what they're doing).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.