Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Corally Touring Car At Nurnberg

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 11:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Those truck bodies are so cool... I'm going to race one in stock sedan class whether other racers like it or not..
Old 02-11-2003, 01:09 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

JEFF. Hope you have caught up on your sleep.

New car gets more interesting each day. If Corally can really get that price down to 399 Euro (Selling) then I am sure that there will be no stopping it.

As for the name, whilst it sounds a bit presumptious to me aged 56, I'm sure it's very impressive to a youngster, and that's what really matters.

I'm confident it will live up to it's name.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 02-11-2003, 07:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Jantle, I just thought of another way to use the name..
ASS - ASS - In

lol only joking..

car looks great, should be a quality peice of kit
Old 02-11-2003, 09:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to get that one. Like I said there are many ways to use the name. I don't think that we will use that in any ads though!!! Isn't this industry fun!!!!!

When we came up with the name, we were looking for an aggressive name that we could use in many diffrent ways for advertising and made a statement about the car. I think that we have it!!! Constant and Yoko seemed to like it right away but wanted to think about some other names also. I was putting together diffrent ads that we could use that night in my hotel room at the Chicago Model Show. So far it looks as if they are using some of the ideas. It is a name that I am sure that the car will live up to.

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A.
Old 02-12-2003, 12:31 AM
Tech Regular

hey...... um King Gav ..... just curious what you were up to when you derived that interpretation.......

just wondering

;-)
Old 02-12-2003, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

I was over at Corally last monday.
And...yes I got to touch it also.

Looks really great.

A few minor adjustments to some parts will occur for the production series, but it'll be quite a complete (hopped-up) car out of the box.
Also some cool tiny details.
As well as ease of maintenance.

CU
Pizza
Old 02-12-2003, 01:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have sat down with Rob at Corally USA and have looked and comented on the car in detail. My frst imprecion of the car is that it was a new direction in their designe and the car looks good. Althought I don't like a few things about it. We Will start with the fact that it does not have built in servo saver. also the drive shafts sit a some extreme (my opinion here) angles compared to others in the industry. I would really like to see everithig more in line like other cars out there(suspention arms and links have an extre angle). The diffs looked complicated but Rob asured me they wern't and that they are fully sealed and keep maintenance to a minum. The car is capable of using components form other cars(namely suspention stuff) It should be interesting how well the car does I may eaven be tempted to try one. I really think this issues that Im pointing out can be easily addresed and I understand that allot of the features are not set in stone and allot could change between here and April. BTW they shocks will be the serpent bodies but with diffent caps and collars.
Old 02-12-2003, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

pucho,

You're right about the servo saver, although a lot of racers (myself included) mostly tightened the built in savers down, to create consistent steering.

As for the dogbone and their angles, sems to be sorted out, just about 90 degree...

Arms and links are either straight or have a slight angle.

And the diff is especially designed to be really closed. And thus pretty maintenance free.

As for the shocks. They will not be using the internal adjustable ones, but a regular design.

CU
Pizza
Old 02-12-2003, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Rob's car is a GEN2 Prototype. There have been alot of changes since then. The rear shafts will be at less if an angle with the direct drive set-up. The two belt option does not have this issue. Even with the angle on the GEN 2 prototype the drive train is free and smooth. The final production kit will have all of these issues solved. Look out for the ASSASSIN!!

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A.
Old 02-13-2003, 03:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

One other thing I did mention to him Is I would like to se a "universal" gear adaptor. You know like the C4 and C4.1 at least for the 2 belt option. Do you know if they made the direct drive spur smaller? I think that was something they where going to look into to address the drive shaft angle.
Old 03-14-2003, 12:35 PM
Tech Adept

April is almost here.........................................

Old 03-14-2003, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am looking to buy one too!!! As long as it can be made as stiff as a board-I'll buy one for sure!!!
Old 03-14-2003, 02:52 PM
Tech Champion

we had a sample Assassin on display at a local track here in Sydney last night (friday night), WOW, in the flesh it's an impressive looking machine! cant wait to get them on the track in the coming months.

Most people who layed their eyes or hands on the car seemed to be very impressed.

can't wait....
Old 03-17-2003, 01:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

New pictures can be found there :
http://www.overrc.com

then click on the date of the 14/03/2003

you will get the article, (for those who can read french) and the pictures.
Old 03-17-2003, 01:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Ralf
Hi Guys,

New pictures can be found there :
http://www.overrc.com

then click on the date of the 14/03/2003

you will get the article, (for those who can read french) and the pictures.
some good pics, and some noted changes too, like threaded shocks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.