Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Or run an hour main.....

Nitro has its place....
Electric has its place.
Please don't think one would ever replace the other...

Plus brushless doesn't have the brake you need with such heavy off road vehicles...

SOrry but if you can't snap on the brake and bring your front end down if you let off the throttle too late....Brushless will never take over Nitro...
Electric has only one thing over nitro and that is maintaince....But to be honest....Maintance is part of the hobby and I enjoy it....

And on the CRT being less steering sensitive than the ST-R....Hog wash....
Use the Kyosho ball and ball ends and use 0 offset rims and you have more than you can use steering....
-Shookie <><
I have a Jammin CRT which I have an understeer problem, I'll try your tip using Kyosho ball cups and ends, by the way, regarding the 0 offset rims, does it really help?
Old 08-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

i saw inferno st-r in local shop, looks well built
Old 08-28-2006, 06:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mach51
there is no best, dont forget the Hot Bodies LSP
i agree with mach51. there's no best truggy. only best hand

revodude16: if u wanna be different, just get the new one. i.e. Mugen truggy or the Kyosho ST-R. if u think u gonna break something due to your own driving expertise, get a kit that supported at yer local hobbyshop.
if u concern what others might say.. check the rc magazine...lots of them review those three(well mugen still new, so take yer risk).

as for a vote... jammin it is. thats becoz i drive one & it performs well. I might get the Mugen truggy just for the heck of it.
this also help in knowing yer competitor
get all three if u got the $$$$.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

thanks for the replies and keep them coming.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I doubt that I would buy a Kyosho ST-R unless they fix the SERIOUS front diff problem.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

ZERO problems with the MBX5T. It's dialed and SUPER durable. Plus it comes with CrimeFighter MT tires. Very good kit!
Old 08-30-2006, 08:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I like everyone else have to say that there isnt a best truggy. i own the kyosho and absolutely LOVE IT!!! Super Dialed, handles awesome, no problems ever with it. people talk about the diff problems and i luckily havnet had a single issue with it. but i also have the king headz treatment(knuckles, rear carriers, front brace, toe blocks anti squat you name it) plus the awesome very required Tonys screws....

but i would recommend the Mugen of the three, for the price and what you get with it, you cant go wrong. the prospec at 640 is super dialed.... no hop ups required except the ugly body(my only complaint) plus as tony said,you get the Crime fighters with it
Old 08-30-2006, 03:10 PM
Tech Addict

i think the STR and the new Mugen are the two choices i would choose from on buying a new truggy.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
I have a Jammin CRT which I have an understeer problem, I'll try your tip using Kyosho ball cups and ends, by the way, regarding the 0 offset rims, does it really help?
Yes teh 0 offset rims shorten the width of the truggy and it will turn in quicker becuase of it.

You have to trim the inside bead off the 0 offset rims and glue the inside bead of the tire to the very inside of the rim. Outside stays the same.

Hope that helps,
-Shookie <><
Old 10-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Vic, we should have our new illuzion MBX5T on the website next week! We will debut it at the Florida State Series race in Bartow this weekend, as well as our new body for the ST-R, as well as a new Wing... .

Alot of people have been begging for a new body for the MBX5T and ST-R, they will be available VERY soon!

, Jim