Wiki Posts
Search

Hi Tech Lynx 3D

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2001, 04:20 AM
zxt
Tech Regular

Default Hi Tech Lynx 3D

I need some input on this radio...a guy is selling his for $155...it comes with DCX receiver (75mhz), one crystal set, battery pack + wall charger.

Do u think this is a good buy?

Is this better than the JR XR3 and the Futaba 3PDF?
Old 11-03-2001, 07:20 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have the Lynx 3D, and i think its a good radio. My only dislikes are the way you program it. Some people say they feel "chunky" but it fits me fine. I recently had a problem with mine, and Hitec had it back within a couple weeks and it was all under warrenty.

The radio generally costs around 180-190 without Spectra ( which i assume it doesnt have, since you didn't list it )

If you want a brand new radio, look at the Lynx 3D/Spectra/ Novak XXtra combo. Can you say "Crystal-less"

If you have any questions... just shout.
Old 11-03-2001, 06:52 PM
zxt
Tech Regular

Default okay

so that means 155 is a little high...maybe I should ask him to lower the price by around 130-140....

does anyone had problems this radio? I cant sure send it back to Hitec...I dont think they have repair service here so I want to make sure TSR6 case is an isolated one...
Old 11-03-2001, 07:46 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Troy's just harsh on his gear, LOL. All of the 3D's in my region have been trouble free, except for the dude who dropped his off the drivers stand!! The best thing to do is to test the radio and gear out before you buy it. Check and make sure you know of everything that comes with the radio. If it has the spectra module and he's had it since new, then he's missing some crystals(3). As for the price, haggling has never hurt anyone(unless its with your wife!!). TTYL.

Gary F, Team Hitec.
Old 11-03-2001, 07:59 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just a little bit... lol

Nah.. I don't know what it was, but it was definately a fart. I usually take care of my stuff ( the little plastic scratch coat was still on the LCD ).

Whatever it was, It might have been my fault after i discharged the pack, i don't know, and i may never know. It's the first time i have heard of a 3D doing what mine did though.

Gary - Droping stuff off a drivers stand is... Baad... lol... The only time its good is when its the leader.... oh did i say that outloud?
Old 11-03-2001, 08:32 PM
zxt
Tech Regular

Default how bout those

battery packs? I heard you can not replace them with regular batts right? Are they readily available if ever the batts die?

Thanks
Old 11-05-2001, 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

Hitec sells a battery tray specifically for using alkalines. You can't use them with the stock setup. Several guys in my area run the 3D; some have the alkaline tray as back up, some have a spare nicad pack, and some don't have anything for backup.

Personally, I upgraded the pack to a 1600 mah nimh pack from www.maxxprod.com . Also bought one of their overnight wall chargers specifically designed for nimh packs that will charge both my tx & rx at the same time (just like the stock charger that comes with the 3D, but designed for nimh packs). I can run 3 classes all weekend without coming close to killing the tx pack, and the 1100 nimh Orion packs give me PLENTY of run time in the vehicles.
Old 11-06-2001, 09:37 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

$155 is a bit high. I got my Lynx 3D used but the guy gave me an extra RX battery pack, 9 crystals total and everything else that came with the standard setup (DCX receiver, on/off switch, DSC cord, charger, rechargeable batteries.)

All for $150...