Rb 5-port Turbo V Novamega Ms 5-port Turbo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rb 5-port Turbo V Novamega Ms 5-port Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 01:09 PM
Tech Adept

Corse R: Yes , but we are having a harder time getting these in the states since Trinity is sole dist. for Novarossi! They have yet to order any of the S3's and per Novarossi, they have only shipped the S1's . The domed piston is like what is used in the .15 and .21 turbo engines to promote a better flame travel and offer a slightly higher compression height. I am glad to hear that the machined piston engines last longer as most of the guys around here (old-timers) say they don't last as long! I would prefer the machined over cast any day. My thought are to get a Novamega 2103MS 3 port engine since the S3 is not yet here and Trinity doesn't seem to want to order any even after we have e-mailed and talked to them (plus they are listed as much higher price than the Novamega on Tower's site, which is only listing the S1 as $299 !!!! ).
Old 01-30-2003, 01:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

atomic hobbies has a much better price on nova megas
Old 01-30-2003, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ronin8451
Corse R: Yes , but we are having a harder time getting these in the states since Trinity is sole dist. for Novarossi! They have yet to order any of the S3's and per Novarossi, they have only shipped the S1's
Get RB's or if you want an S3 piston/sleeve you can order from Europe. Not for being on the pants of Big Ernie or Trinity, but the performance of an S3 set is slightly more than their S1 counterpart and their durability and hold a little more temperature.

Many European hobby shops carry them and are about 100 Euros the complete set (with conrod) and if you substract the VAT can less expensive.

BTW: I don't know why people say that the S3 sleeve piston don't work with S1 units (are identical), so if someone has a S1 version you can upgrade simply swapping parts.
Old 02-01-2003, 03:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

ok i got the nova mega 5 port turbo micheal salven last night hope its fast! im desperate to get it running but the snow yes snow allover damn!!
Old 02-01-2003, 04:06 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by deanspoors
ok i got the nova mega 5 port turbo micheal salven last night hope its fast! im desperate to get it running but the snow yes snow allover damn!!
typical serpent product. famous name but not necessary good !
Old 02-01-2003, 07:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

dont listen to manticore i have a friend who has been modifying engines here locally for a while now and he has told me that the nova mega engines are the best he has seen as far as the quality of the cuts and such they are very good engines

its not like its some kinda of new engine like sirio where nobody really knows the quality or durability they are novarossi based engines and everyone knows how good they are

remember he was comparing this 5 port nova mega micheal salveen to a regular rb 5 port the nova mega was the right one
Old 02-01-2003, 08:06 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by jason102276
dont listen to manticore i have a friend who has been modifying engines here locally for a while now and he has told me that the nova mega engines are the best he has seen as far as the quality of the cuts and such they are very good engines

its not like its some kinda of new engine like sirio where nobody really knows the quality or durability they are novarossi based engines and everyone knows how good they are

remember he was comparing this 5 port nova mega micheal salveen to a regular rb 5 port the nova mega was the right one
I never ask people not to listen some body !!

I bet your pardon ??
Old 02-01-2003, 08:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

your right i probably shouldnt have said that but so many of your posts are completely negative and i cant figure out why
Old 02-01-2003, 08:24 AM
Tech Champion

your right i probably shouldnt have said that but so many of your posts are completely negative and i cant figure out why
negative? how?

your post seems "negative" to me too ! isnt it?
Old 02-01-2003, 08:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

you got on here though strictly to bash the nova mega

i dont have time to argue about it now but i feel that alot of your posts are negative

i have to go to my sons b-day party now

dont take anything ive said to seriously

i was just trying to let the guy know that he had bought a good engine
Old 02-01-2003, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

you got on here though strictly to bash the nova mega

i dont have time to argue about it now but i feel that alot of your posts are negative

i have to go to my sons b-day party now

dont take anything ive said to seriously

i was just trying to let the guy know that he had bought a good engine
unless you are working for serpent. The consumers have the right to bash which ever product I think is not good !

Anyway happy birthday to your son!
Old 02-01-2003, 11:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for your views Jason!
Old 02-01-2003, 02:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

i dont work for serpent it would be nice though

you can bash anything you want your right

thanks for saying happy b-day to my son the party went well but 20+ 6 yr olds it was a mad house

now could you tell me where you got the picture of the mtx-3 switch/transponder mount i want one really bad

just asking manticore did you have a bad experience with nova mega or is it just about the inflated cost of serpent
Old 02-01-2003, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

I have several novarossi and rb motors and I also have very carefully inspected the nova mega engines. I also am no engine expert. But I can say that the RB 5 port has some differences to the standard novarossi s5, whereas the nova mega is identical (to my eye anyway). In my experiences the nova mega and novarossi are pretty much identical in power outputs and at least where I live the nova mega is quite a bit more expensive. I think this is what Manticore meant about "paying for the name".

I have always found RBs to have superiour bottom end to the novarossi and as good top end. Mayby I have just been lucky.
Old 02-02-2003, 08:05 AM
MDS
Tech Initiate

Talking

Hi Deano Guess who, i am going to whip your a** with my MS Tuned NTC3 now go and play with the amatures.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.