Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY EVO 2 Vs. TC3

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 10:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Xray evo2 vs. TC3

Hi there,

I have an opinion here. I have raced the TC3 for 3 years now and just "converted to the X-ray. In fact I just got it built on monday and raced it on Tuesday evening at a local club race. After only 2 practice packs on the car, I ran the first qualifier and beat my old track record by 6 seconds. In the main I lapped the field twice and shaved another 5 seconds off my qualifying time!! I believe that the X-ray to be a solid car that is real hard to beat.

X-Raybies
Old 01-29-2003, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Lets not lose site that Ralph Burch is a WORLD CLASS DRIVER and has good success with the car.

This post just opens up a can. One person might be faster with one car over another. You have to go with what you're comfortable with. Which car are you most consistent with????

Personally I have had great success with both cars. Missed the "A" in stock at the US Indoor Champs by a little over a second with an EV02 with full c-hub conversion. It's a great car and is consistent lap to lap and weekend after weekend.

Biggest problem with the X-Ray is the price.

My $.02
Old 01-30-2003, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

To answer Steevo's question. Perfect example.

Chris Grainger - British touring car champ. Multiple winner.

Ran Yokomo for many years. X Ray got him last year as their No 1 driver in UK. Presumably they paid him well to leave CML.

2003. Chris Grainger signs up with Yokomo again. Now we all know how tight Yokomo are with their budgets. That's why they lost people like Baker and Hara.

Form your own conclusions.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 01-30-2003, 05:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by RCInfinity
Do you have trouble with return emails STLNLST?
every racer out here in Sac that was interested in getting a Xray for this years carpet season sent an email looking for set up advice etc.....and not one of us received a reply. Travis won the nationals at our carpet track and his set up was no where to be found. Oh well
Old 01-30-2003, 07:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I knew it wouldn't be long before you switched
Old 01-30-2003, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by johnbull
To answer Steevo's question. Perfect example.

Chris Grainger - British touring car champ. Multiple winner.

Ran Yokomo for many years. X Ray got him last year as their No 1 driver in UK. Presumably they paid him well to leave CML.

2003. Chris Grainger signs up with Yokomo again. Now we all know how tight Yokomo are with their budgets. That's why they lost people like Baker and Hara.

Form your own conclusions.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
So Chris Grainger left XRAY. Big deal. I am not Chris Grainger, I am not sponsored. I am not a world class driver.

I find the XRAY has the most adjustability with the stock kit, does not require any hopups, is made from high quality materials and is designed well. It is as quick as any other car at our club meets, in fact wins often. It very rarely breaks from crashes big ones at that.

TC3 seems to be a good car, I have never owned one. However I am sure it is less durable. They also do well at our track.

Since I have to pay for everything I always prefer a durable car over a less durable car. I have run my XRAY for 6 months now and have not replaced 1 part.
Old 01-30-2003, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Matt Howard
I knew it wouldn't be long before you switched
I was going to run Tom's for a couple of races but couldn't get any help from the team. In fact the more I think about it the team guys probably get their set up info from non team member guys on the Xray thread....lol Losi fo life......
Old 01-30-2003, 10:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by STLNLST
I was going to run Tom's for a couple of races but couldn't get any help from the team. In fact the more I think about it the team guys probably get their set up info from non team member guys on the Xray thread....lol Losi fo life......
stock set-up w/C-hubs and front one-ways will work fine at Speedworld...
Old 01-30-2003, 11:45 PM
Tech Adept

THanks for all of the replies.

Yesterday I drove a friends' TC3 and the car felt good, i had to change my driving style a little, but I ran decent times, when I raced my Xray tonight, my fastest lap was the same as my fastest lap on the TC3 when I drove it yesterday. I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but the TC3 was on older tires(CS27's) and tonight I ran new tires on my Xray. I used a Orion Core stock motor tonight and he had a Reedy MVP in his yesterday. His motor seemed a little faster then mine. I'm thinking that if I work on my car a little more, the Xray should be the same or maybe even faster, we'll see. I used a front oneway and a locked center oneway tonight, his car is setup with a locked front diff. I will try that next.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:21 AM
Tech Master

AMG RACER>

Sorry to have upset you.

My comment about Chris Grainger was in answer to another reader's comment that it all depends on the driver.

I too am a very ordinary, old, slow, ugly, poor, fat.......enthusiast.

But I love winding people up!

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

johnbull,
I think we see the point you are trying to imply with the Chris Grainger story... I agree with AMGRacer... Big Deal it means nothing that he left Team Xray and went back to Yokomo... I am sure the decision involved a lot of the usual politics etc that goes on behind the scenes and not what you are perhaps trying to suggest...

Steevo
Old 01-31-2003, 02:38 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

STEEVO. What car do you race?

We know what AMG Racer races from his signature.

On a different tack. Reading your Australian posts someone mentioned a racer called ZARBIE. I am wondering if his surname is Zarb, which is a Maltese surename. Perhaps he is of Maltese decent.

Let me know , if you know of him.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry Joe, Don't know Zarbie.....
Just So you know, my main car at the moment is an Xray... what I drive does not affect my rational thinking though. I will always call 'em how I see 'em....

BTW not only do I agree with AMGRacer but we share similar car specs heres mine,
Xray T1 upgraded to Evo 2 spec (original T1 Bulkheads) / Novak Esc / Trinity "Team Kinwald Dirty Tricks" 10X3 Mod Motor..

Steevo

Last edited by Steevo; 01-31-2003 at 02:57 AM.
Old 02-03-2003, 11:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys,

Just got back from the Northwest Model Expo in Puallop Wa. Raincity puts on a race there every year. I ran my X-Ray evo2 in the Open Stock class. I took TQ and 1st in the main. X-Rays finished 1,2,3 and a TC3 in 4th. We all had a great time and I am impressed with the car having it only 1 week, from switching from a TC3.

X-Raybies
Old 02-03-2003, 11:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

That's Puyallup.

Great job at the race...
next time I'm up there in March..may have to race with you guys at Raincity.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.