Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna LX Pro Comp Problems...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 10:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Ofna LX Pro Comp Problems...

Hey everyone im new here, but have been in the R/C for about 5 years. I have a problem with this buggy i just bought. Its a older one, so i decided to put a novarossi .21 in it, and i was running JR xr2 radio and hitec metal gear servo. I ran about 2-3 tanks in it, then it started tweaking out. All the servos would go back to neutral and you couldnt move them, and sometime the throttle would stay on. So i changed radio gear thinking thats what it was, changed it to a brand new spektrum radio gear. Now when the motor is off i have full control of everything once i start it, i loose all control and it will start tweaking out, cant control anything. What would you guys think it is? I have changed out all radio gear both servos, reciever, batts are new, new batt pack, new on off switch. I am lost on what it could be....Thanks for the help
Old 08-15-2006, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalmellinium
Hey everyone im new here, but have been in the R/C for about 5 years. I have a problem with this buggy i just bought. Its a older one, so i decided to put a novarossi .21 in it, and i was running JR xr2 radio and hitec metal gear servo. I ran about 2-3 tanks in it, then it started tweaking out. All the servos would go back to neutral and you couldnt move them, and sometime the throttle would stay on. So i changed radio gear thinking thats what it was, changed it to a brand new spektrum radio gear. Now when the motor is off i have full control of everything once i start it, i loose all control and it will start tweaking out, cant control anything. What would you guys think it is? I have changed out all radio gear both servos, reciever, batts are new, new batt pack, new on off switch. I am lost on what it could be....Thanks for the help
did u change the servos also? it could be the servos..i never had this problem when i ran nitro..but i think it could be the servos...if you somehow get it fixed, you might want to try a return spring..Losi sells one..3 bucks..totally worth the money if ur car runs away
Old 08-15-2006, 10:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah i changed servos its a complete new radio system, and i dont think i need the return spring, i cant even control left to right....
Old 08-15-2006, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by metalmellinium
Yeah i changed servos its a complete new radio system, and i dont think i need the return spring, i cant even control left to right....
hmmmm wow, it might have something to do w/ ur throttle body...id check that. have u?
Old 08-15-2006, 11:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Its a brand new motor, but what would the throttle body have to do with the steering servo tweakin out also? They both tweak out...
Old 08-16-2006, 01:29 AM
Tech Elite

hmm even with a spectrum? thats strange....what kind of batteries do u run
Old 08-16-2006, 04:46 AM
Tech Regular

u have some metal to metal contact on ur car some where or a loose bolt check over the whole car thats what is cauzing ur glitching
Old 08-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Tech Rookie

I have checked every bolt and nut, there all tight. This thing is acting weird, right now i have full control of the servos with the motor off, and then other time i will try and turn left to right real fast and the servo will stop working for a second. I had it working earlyer today, started it, was everthing was fine, took it off a jump and went WFO and couldnt control it. Any other ideas?