Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
MTX-3 options house! >

MTX-3 options house!

MTX-3 options house!

Old 01-31-2003, 11:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Ah10
I think ball diff can not handle that kind of power from a nitro engine, ball diff works really good on EP besides if fuel gets into the diff itself the it will become very inconsistant!

Stick with the regular sealed gear diff or wait for Kawahara comes out with a negative diff!

Just my $0.02
why say they dont work did serpent not make one for the 235mm car thats OK
Old 01-31-2003, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Cartman
why say they dont work did serpent not make one for the 235mm car thats OK
If I not mistaken, most of the ppl running ball diff in serpents, they pretty much lock it closed to solid axle, as least from those drivers I have met at the track! Now if they lock it to the point almost like a solid axle then they should have the inconsistancy issue since it doesnt really diff that much!

again I might be wrong too!
Old 01-31-2003, 01:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

tightened like that is how i found it to work best for me at ohio

it still gave me enough diff action that it was much easier to drive than the solid rear

with the solid rear i couldnt get into throttle early enough but i didnt know how to set the car for it up well either i didnt have enough practice to make it work

kinda like using 50k or 100k in a gear diff it was tighter than using 30k
Old 01-31-2003, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by jason102276
tightened like that is how i found it to work best for me at ohio

it still gave me enough diff action that it was much easier to drive than the solid rear

with the solid rear i couldnt get into throttle early enough but i didnt know how to set the car for it up well either i didnt have enough practice to make it work

kinda like using 50k or 100k in a gear diff it was tighter than using 30k
I like running with rear solid much more then diff! I can punch it out of the corner much eariler and the car doesnt push and kind of like using some of the power to swing the rear to give the front more steering! much faster that way since you can do late apex and punch it really really hard out of the corner
Old 01-31-2003, 05:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

i guess i just didnt get the hang of it i drove it for one qualifier at nats and like i said i didnt like it much but i also didnt reset the car for it so that could account for some of my problems with it

ah10 got any pictures of those justrc hopups yet

what do you think about their quality

i ordered some stuff today i couldnt pass up on some of those prices
Old 01-31-2003, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by jason102276
i guess i just didnt get the hang of it i drove it for one qualifier at nats and like i said i didnt like it much but i also didnt reset the car for it so that could account for some of my problems with it

ah10 got any pictures of those justrc hopups yet

what do you think about their quality

i ordered some stuff today i couldnt pass up on some of those prices
I am going to take some pictures this coming Sunday at the track!

I got all the hop ups available from justrc's site, quality is top notch and fitment is perfect! I dont know if you have ever need to dremel things to make it fit, but not in this case! everything fits perfect! kind of like plug and play! he he

the items that I think will work really really good are:

1. front sway bar holder, the stock plastic one flex too much when you are doing highspeed sweeper(ya know when one side is bottoming out and stopping by the downstop set screw). I have the aluminum one on my mtx2 and I can feel the difference while driving it!

2. rear brake cam brace with blade type sway bar, I know Manticore has to upgrade the stock sway bar to 2.5mm one to gain more rear end traction so if this one can be adjustable it will be so good and easy to dial the car in.

3. as usual the aluminum mid block is also very good.

4. CVD of course, you have heard enough of the dog bone poping out!

5. Aluminum Hex wheel adaptor.

I also have all the light weight stuff for the drive train, I guess besides the 5 items I list above the rest are just personal preferences! and since the car is already so light weight I dont think adding a few aluminum pieces will over kill it!

Just my $0.02
Old 02-01-2003, 03:54 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Ah10 for those kind words.

We have change the layout on our site, now it should be easier too read.

Thank You.
Old 02-01-2003, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by justrc
Thanks Ah10 for those kind words.

We have change the layout on our site, now it should be easier too read.

Thank You.
You are welcome, I am just sharing what I have been experienced in terms of service and product quality from your company to the others!
Old 02-02-2003, 05:29 PM
Tech Adept

February Give Away! Our 100th customer this month will receive a Brand new Novarossi S3 Engine rated at 1.5HP! This is a ROAR legal Engine! Not available in US!

Good Luck!

JustRC
Old 02-03-2003, 10:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

I CANT BELIEVE HOW FAST IT GOT HERE!!!

i ordered friday afternoon and recieved my order on monday at 1:15

parts look excellent

all i can say is WOW
Old 02-03-2003, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by justrc
February Give Away! Our 100th customer this month will receive a Brand new Novarossi S3 Engine rated at 1.5HP! This is a ROAR legal Engine! Not available in US!

Good Luck!

JustRC
Hey JustRC, since I pretty much got everything you have availiable for MTX3, and I want the S3.

So I am asking you to source some more hop ups for MTX3 or my 5th Scale FG then I can keep buying from you and hopefully I will be your 100th customer and get the engine!
Old 02-03-2003, 10:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey JustRC, since I pretty much got everything you have availiable for MTX3, and I want the S3.

So I am asking you to source some more hop ups for MTX3 or my 5th Scale FG then I can keep buying from you and hopefully I will be your 100th customer and get the engine!

maybe put all the first 100 buyers names in a hat and draw one out as a winner??
Old 02-03-2003, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys,

As promised, I am posting my MTX3 with all the hop ups I got from Justrc. Eventhough I got all my hop ups 2 weeks ago but didnt have enough time to put them on, besides I dont want to put all of them on at once, I want to test what would work and what would be eye candies! Anyways, here they are

Stratus 2.1 Body

Stratus 2.1 Body 2

Rear Sway Bar

Rear Shock Tower

Upper Deck

Light Weight Pulley Adaptor

Light Weight Pulley Adaptor 2

Side Brace

Mid Block

Front Sway Bar

Light Weight Engine Mount

Mid Support

Enjoy guys!

Last edited by Ah10; 02-03-2003 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-03-2003, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys,

As promised, I am posting my MTX3 with all the hop ups I got from Justrc. Eventhough I got all my hop ups 2 weeks ago but didnt have enough time to put them on, besides I dont want to put all of them on at once, I want to test what would work and what would be eye candies! Anyways, here they are

Enjoy guys!
ah10, can you build another car just like yours? I'll buy it! Save me time. oh! Hope you wouldn't charge me $35/hr like those seen on ebay.
Old 02-03-2003, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by eddiethefish
ah10, can you build another car just like yours? I'll buy it! Save me time. oh! Hope you wouldn't charge me $35/hr like those seen on ebay.

Of course not $35 an hour! are you crazy? how does $25 sound??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.