Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrodieMan
Thanks for the link

The binding a couple of us are experiencing is not due to the shrink wrap and C-Hub, and it's not from bent pins either.

The pins do NOT fit into the dogbone slot without binding. Every time someone mentions this fact someone else says that it's the shrink tube binding on the c-hub but that is not the case. IMO the wrong pins have been supplied with some kits, instead of the 1/16" x 5/16" LCD pins the .067"x5/16" pins (Axel pins) have been supplied. They 'fit' the LCD but cause binding until the dogbone slot wears down slightly. I rebuilt my LCD's five times trying to figure this out and checked all the pins to see if I got them mixed up somehow and found that the axel pins and LCD pins were identical and all caused binding in the dogbone.
YOu got that right. Some people just find it downright unbelievable
Old 11-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

How are your diff cups holding up??? The part that has the thread in it, strips pretty easily. Today when i tried to rebuild the diff, it stripped. I wasnot being HeMan on them or anything. Do they make aluminium ones?
Old 11-22-2010, 06:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DuckStang
How are your diff cups holding up??? The part that has the thread in it, strips pretty easily. Today when i tried to rebuild the diff, it stripped. I wasnot being HeMan on them or anything. Do they make aluminium ones?
Yes the diff hubs do strip out while tightening them down and adjusting. Best tip I have discovered for this is just to have spares onhand.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Mine have yet to strip after about ten rebuilds (I do a complete rebuild after every race night, practice). I just re-conditioned all my grub screw holes in the hub carriers etc. with CA, worked great so if you need to do a quick fix then put a bit of CA on a tiny flat headed screwdriver and CA the threads. I have been using AE Black grease for my ball diffs on my XXX4 for a while now and have started to use it on my JRX-S R. I am no pro so that might be sacrilegious but my diffs are silky smooth and I don't have to tighten the S*^T out of them so they don't slip. I tried using AE Black in the front and Losi grease in the rear and worked O.K. but now use AE Black everywhere. Going to try some Tamiya diff grease, can't get Schumacher What grease are you guys using???
Old 11-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BrodieMan
Mine have yet to strip after about ten rebuilds (I do a complete rebuild after every race night, practice). I just re-conditioned all my grub screw holes in the hub carriers etc. with CA, worked great so if you need to do a quick fix then put a bit of CA on a tiny flat headed screwdriver and CA the threads. I have been using AE Black grease for my ball diffs on my XXX4 for a while now and have started to use it on my JRX-S R. I am no pro so that might be sacrilegious but my diffs are silky smooth and I don't have to tighten the S*^T out of them so they don't slip. I tried using AE Black in the front and Losi grease in the rear and worked O.K. but now use AE Black everywhere. Going to try some Tamiya diff grease, can't get Schumacher What grease are you guys using???
i've used both schumy and tamiya, can't tell a difference as I was chasing a setup
Old 11-24-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New JRX S Type R

Well I just purchased a new Losi JRX S from A Main. It won't arrive til next Tues. I;ve been reading the posts here but over 800 pages. Anyhow
looking for info on what everyone is running. What motor and ESC are people here installing ? For a radio I have a Futaba 3PM X, I will need to purchase another receiver. What about servo's ??? I'm sure I'll have more questions on the setup once it arrives.Any input you can give it sure will be appreciated.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by steve1
Well I just purchased a new Losi JRX S from A Main. It won't arrive til next Tues. I;ve been reading the posts here but over 800 pages. Anyhow
looking for info on what everyone is running. What motor and ESC are people here installing ? For a radio I have a Futaba 3PM X, I will need to purchase another receiver. What about servo's ??? I'm sure I'll have more questions on the setup once it arrives.Any input you can give it sure will be appreciated.
get a low profile servo, safest bet!

I'm currently running an Xcore XDF-2 servo, you might wanna check out the X0907 Low Profile one. They haven't gave me any problems so far, and they don't drain current as much as say a Savox...
Old 11-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

anyone have any word on whats happening with Flying Fox stuff?
I ordered my layshaft 1 month ago, still no word.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outtafocus
anyone have any word on whats happening with Flying Fox stuff?
I ordered my layshaft 1 month ago, still no word.
Same here. I've had one back-ordered with Skyrocket Batteries for some time. I got a hold of Paul at Flying Fox, and he said he had plenty in stock. Not sure what the hold up is.

Bill D.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

They might be at the bottom of the ocean Read somewhere recently that a container with a big X-Ray shipment got lost at sea. Damn backorders, I've been waiting for an integy setup station for a while now, actually most things I am in the market for are out of stock. Boo
Old 11-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Cheapskate Thanks for the info on a servo. Any help on what motor to run and ESC ? I"ve been running Nitro MT and an offroad 4x4 Slash so this on road electric is really different for me. Thanks
Old 11-24-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheapskate.brok
get a low profile servo, safest bet!
for what particular reason?

the type r can fit normal sized servos with no dramas
Old 11-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah, no reason for a low pro servo if you have a full size laying around. I used the ace 1015 that I had on my Losi Truggy for throttle, IT WORKS AWESOME!!!!! .09 speed and 201oz/in of tq.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by steve1
Cheapskate Thanks for the info on a servo. Any help on what motor to run and ESC ? I"ve been running Nitro MT and an offroad 4x4 Slash so this on road electric is really different for me. Thanks

That all depends on what class you would like to run.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Rookie

At this time I don't plan on racing. I'll probably just use it for on road,parking lots etc. but that could change if I find other's in the area.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.