Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 09-13-2009, 07:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz406
well , it seemed to need less than the other batteries I tried with the similar capacities. Offer your opinion to help us out.
I had to sand the bumps off bottom, notch both back corners to clear back bulkheads, sand bottom edge for the battery to fit in steel tray, and the enlage top plate openings for positive and negative thermals to enter the battery.

To make the top pulley clearance. One has to file the front face of spur gear adpater where the e=clip sits to allow the shaft to move out of the adapter (not too much or drive pin will come out of drive groove) which allows you to put shims between inside of pulleys and bearing spacers. Then sand down drive pins on drive pulley to flush with adapter so spur gear seats flat on adapter. I had to do this so I can go racing while waiting to next run of Flyfox layshafts.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

here's a pic of the steering horn mod I did:

Old 09-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
Yeah, I've never had any luck running as low as 1deg of camber. Try going to 2deg and work through the setup that way.
Originally Posted by jkirkwood
I typically run 1.5 to 2.25 deg of camber. I can feel small changes of camber on this car pretty easily. If you add some camber front and rear I think you car will get instantly better.
especialy with a jako blue you need heavey neg cambers, FR and RR, more neg camber car handles better! one day I was runnning like 4deg! then I backed off

Originally Posted by jrxs-r
Hey all....

Ran the car with all the chassis screws in it, and I think the setup was spot on. Will post my setup as soon as I have cleaned it up and taken a few measurements.
on your set up sheet I found 1mm droop on the rear! wow! some ball on that car!

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 09-13-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

John..NEVER agree with Greg....

Blackstring.. I see your from Charlotte..Im in Mount Holly..We have a touring series race in Rock Hill in a few weeks come check it out. Many very competive guys there for sure. Not many tracks in area but we do head to Easley SC for some great racing..nice track there and competive.Shoot me a e mail we could car pool if ya like...
Old 09-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Tag
Shoot me a e mail we could car pool if ya like...

Looking for another victim! lol
Old 09-13-2009, 06:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by fastasu2
Looking for another victim! lol

LOL..Your just lucky your 1200 miles away .....
Old 09-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Company Representative

Blackstring.. I see your from Charlotte..Im in Mount Holly..We have a touring series race in Rock Hill in a few weeks come check it out. Many very competive guys there for sure. Not many tracks in area but we do head to Easley SC for some great racing..nice track there and competive.Shoot me a e mail we could car pool if ya like...
hhh nah,....I agreed with Greg in many stuffs. also for this camber subject I think he ment he like it with more than 1deg camber, aint it? then we on a same boat.

Great racing today Greg, you looked great, actually better on behind "borrowed" mini cooper then your own car. hahah
Old 09-13-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
hhh nah,....I agreed with Greg in many stuffs. also for this camber subject I think he ment he like it with more than 1deg camber, aint it? then we on a same boat.

Great racing today Greg, you looked great, actually better on behind "borrowed" mini cooper then your own car. hahah
Yea Im big on camber also..I run-2 all 4 corners and sometimes 2-1/2 front..Even on Sorex tires..I love my cat locked down and steering!!
Old 09-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

How do you guys get a 2 deg with the JR front camber link without getting bind? Not a big fan of the JR setup and have yet to make the Turnbuckle change over.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Champion

Most all are using the ball stud link, Not the JR link...The ball stud style link does give more steering also....
Old 09-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Company Representative

Yea Im big on camber also..I run-2 all 4 corners and sometimes 2-1/2 front..Even on Sorex tires..I love my cat locked down and steering!!
2.5 on the Sorex, YIKE!

Originally Posted by Mugen10
How do you guys get a 2 deg with the JR front camber link without getting bind? Not a big fan of the JR setup and have yet to make the Turnbuckle change over.
I got a Ti turnbuckles in there, I usually run reg tie-rod / ball stud set up any way.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

Nice! Yeah I went up to anderson rc in Thomasville for their first race yesterday and cleaned house even against some guys runing 5700 castle motors with my 13.5. Really tiny track with old asphalt(aggrogate showing) bit still challengin and fun. In rock hill are you talking about Hobbystop/The Grove? I thought that was "the chaise" for the carolina touring series?

Weekends for the next month are iffy as I'm getting married. But as long as the weather stays nice for a while after oct 16th I'm game.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

How much do you need to shim up the ball stud using the ti rod camber link? It seems the JR link is set much higher then a regular ball stud setup. Also whatball stud size is used in the C hub and spindle?
Old 09-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Mugen10
How much do you need to shim up the ball stud using the ti rod camber link? It seems the JR link is set much higher then a regular ball stud setup. Also whatball stud size is used in the C hub and spindle?
you can ues a LOSA1233 or you can make one Like I did showing on my blog, I like mine better cause I dont have to pop out a ball cups every time I do maintainance.

here is the link showing how to make one in my way.
http://dajohnwee.blogspot.com/2009/0...r-rod-mod.html

you dont need to shim em up since tie-rod set up is lot shorter, it will give you lots of negative camber gain anyway.

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 09-13-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

..I love my cat locked down...
That's enough there fella. Too much friggin information! Crazy redneck!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.