Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have only broken one hub during the entire time i have owned the car (i got the first colorado shipment from horizon i think in late march of 2007). My car has seen long tracks, short tracks, carpet tracks, and parking lot tracks. I wouldn't really consider these parts as a "weak link" in the design, and even the weakest links are farely strong.

So no, i guess i don't have a need for them.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I will pass on the aluminum outdrives. They can keep them over there.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well, I tried a glued spool tonight. It was good on the pulley side, bad news, I was stripping the right side outdrive, went through 3 of them in 3 runs. Might have to glue that on as well.

Are there any machinist out there that can make these part, like a actuall solid spool, or those alum outdrives. I hate having one part on a car fail over and over again. I sold my TC5 cause it was always tweaked, I don't want to get rid of this car for some stupid reason like this.

RedRocket
Old 07-10-2008, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I don't understand how you are having the spool come loose on you. Are you sure there is not something else going on like a bad bearing somewhere that is locked up or something? You do still leave the thrust bearing in the hub, right? I have yet to experience this issue and am just trying to understand why it is happening.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Never had the spool come loose after 4 months of weekly running with a Type R.

Something must be wrong in the build or the screw or outdrive...I bet there's a stripped out drive. Overtightening the diff will strip the outdrive and, even you try to CA glue it, it will come loose after a few runs
Old 07-10-2008, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Never had the spool come loose after 4 months of weekly running with a Type R.

Something must be wrong in the build or the screw or outdrive...I bet there's a stripped out drive. Overtightening the diff will strip the outdrive and, even you try to CA glue it, it will come loose after a few runs
Mine came loose once and i took a hard hit and cracked it once. I don't really have a recurring problem, i'm just paranoid .
Old 07-10-2008, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedRocketRacing
Well, I tried a glued spool tonight. It was good on the pulley side, bad news, I was stripping the right side outdrive, went through 3 of them in 3 runs. Might have to glue that on as well.

Are there any machinist out there that can make these part, like a actuall solid spool, or those alum outdrives. I hate having one part on a car fail over and over again. I sold my TC5 cause it was always tweaked, I don't want to get rid of this car for some stupid reason like this.

RedRocket
Just get the $9 42T Spool pulley. No need to CA glue anything. Dont go thru all that trouble. Get the right part and do it the right way and the car will work great
Old 07-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I was not trying to diss the Rocket at all, I am just trying to understand how it is happening. I have noticed there were others with the same issue. But most of us never experienced it. Hopefully he gets it resolved.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Your doubts about this are what? It is not designed like the old car, so just about anything will fit in this. 46's are not that much bigger then 42's, I run both in mine.
Thanks for the answers my question came from having some integy 4300's which buldge the battery tray a little when in the car.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've found that if you charge the pack in the car (PLEASE keep an eye on the temp) the foam on the top deck will conform to the cells with the added heat, and the tray buldge should decrease.

I have another question for you guys, i heard that the orion 3600 won't fit, what about the 3800. I just can't find anything about width on their site.

http://teamorion.com/Products/SLPB+L...00+2+cell+SLPB

Thanks guys

-Kyle
Old 07-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the only orion pack which fits is the silver block all the others rub the centre shaft. get trak power cells these are perfect
Old 07-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by RedRocketRacing

RedRocket
It sounds to me like you are over tightening the pulley. You don't have to go crazy tightening it. Hold a tire and the spur then try to turn the other tire and there should be no slip. If theres slip there tighten it alittle more and try again.. Thats all the tighter it needs to be....

The design of the losi spool is kinda like a slipper so when you take a hard hit or get air born and land on throttle theres some give keeping other things from breaking. If you are trying to tighten it down to lock the front tires together thats WAY to tight.

Its not like a normal spool its more like a slipper spool....
Old 07-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ok it was late, now let me clarify myself. And all point taken. I CA'ed the pulley because it was a diff pulley with no balls in it. I left my new spool pulley at home on my work table. And so that is why it glued it. It actully held up better that way than with the other pulley I had in it. As a result of the glued pulley side, the non pulley outdrive was stripping in the alum. tube.

I bought all new stuff to built a brand new spool, just forgot it at home and I sat in traffic for over an hour to get to the track and was gonna race.

RedRocket
Old 07-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tim fry
the only orion pack which fits is the silver block all the others rub the centre shaft. get trak power cells these are perfect
the orion 3200 fits fine.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

My Type R has finally arrived. Along with my esc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.