Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 09-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I think I've got the gear thing figured out somewhat.

I have a habit, if I'm against a board, of tapping the throttle and letting off real quick. With the low cogging of brushless motors, I can usually marshal myself since the car will bounce and roll backwards. Having two diffs in the car makes this safe, since the diffs will slip and absorb the torque.

So, now I'm running a one way, and the front is essentially locked. Tapping the throttle, especially with all the torque of a brushless motor goes right into the spur. Presumably, the PRS adapter/spurs are more flexible, or maybe because they're farther out or something, but I bet the torque is causing them to bend and strip. That might explain why it didn't happen with foam tires, since I was always running two diffs.

Anyway, that's probably common sense, but I didn't really put together the pieces before now.

I'll accept that as a correct answer.....judges? Can we have a ruling?

(hehehhe)

Well said, syndr0me
Old 09-07-2007, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the pictures guys.

Marcos.J - what's with all the weight on the left side of the chassis? I'm assuming it is to make up for the difference in the weight between the receiver and speedo? I am using an new spektrum micro receiver, but according to the losi instructions, it looks like they want the BL speedo on the right because because the BL motor puts more weight on the left?? Anyway, how much weight do you have on there and can you talk about your thought process?

THANKS!
Old 09-07-2007, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thewholeyearinn
Thanks for the pictures guys.

Marcos.J - what's with all the weight on the left side of the chassis? I'm assuming it is to make up for the difference in the weight between the receiver and speedo? I am using an new spektrum micro receiver, but according to the losi instructions, it looks like they want the BL speedo on the right because because the BL motor puts more weight on the left?? Anyway, how much weight do you have on there and can you talk about your thought process?

THANKS!
the weights are to balance the car from right to left and also front to rear (front to rear is actually 60/40)

and yes the brushless motor seems to add a little more weight in the left side thats why i placed the esc on the right side
Old 09-07-2007, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

60/40 front to rear? so 60% in front? can you pull some corner weights for me.. i'm running basically the same setup so i'd love to have the comparison.. i got to run a few packs down at village and it ran pretty well, but i have shock issues... by the way not looking like i'll be making the september race in kissimmee.. i need parts, batts, and motors, and won't be paid for two more weeks..
Old 09-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tallyrc
60/40 front to rear? so 60% in front? can you pull some corner weights for me.. i'm running basically the same setup so i'd love to have the comparison.. i got to run a few packs down at village and it ran pretty well, but i have shock issues... by the way not looking like i'll be making the september race in kissimmee.. i need parts, batts, and motors, and won't be paid for two more weeks..
i got plenty of parts if you are running brushless i have spare motors too
Old 09-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

shock pistons are the problem as my car was used and the pistons had been installed upside down and deformed now they no longer fit properly.. the bigger issue is my poor batts.. running my 5.5 i don't think i made 5 minutes with any of them last week...
Old 09-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tallyrc
shock pistons are the problem as my car was used and the pistons had been installed upside down and deformed now they no longer fit properly.. the bigger issue is my poor batts.. running my 5.5 i don't think i made 5 minutes with any of them last week...
i got shock pistons and i got plenty of 5 cell packs let me know what # piston you need
Old 09-07-2007, 11:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Anybody know the part number of the long ballstud needed up front to use normal camber links? I'm finally building my second kit, and need to get a few things to bring it up to speed. I guess having a foam and rubber car is in my future. :-)

Hey Marcos, I had to dremel some of the rear arm mount behind the motor so I could get a big enough pinion on the Orion 13.5. Orion's motors are at their full circumference from end to end (unlike Novak and LRP that dip in toward the rear plate) and it hits the mount with 47/118. So, we can be ghetto brothers now.

Is 118 the smallest kevlar gear? That's really way too big for 13.5.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

118 is the smallest gear and ive ran 118 50 no problem
Old 09-07-2007, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yo Syndrome, Schreff and I are working on a rubber carpet with a oneway setup, tonight and tomorrow. We'll have something for you soon. The car is pretty good already, has tons of steering. We're running Jaco's and Jack the gripper to simulate IIC conditions.

Take your pick of ballstuds
Old 09-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by ERTRACHTER
118 is the smallest gear and ive ran 118 50 no problem
Jason,

The Orion (Feigao) brushless motors are shaped different than the Novak and LRP. They're wider at the back, and it wants to get hung up on that mount. I haven't tested the absolute limit, but I was struggling to get 47 on there tonight. I have no idea how to gear this Orion yet, I'm gonna try practicing with it Sunday. The LRP was awesome at 52/116. Here's a picture that shows what I'm talking about.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...5&d=1189038553

Last edited by syndr0me; 09-08-2007 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:02 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Yo Syndrome, Schreff and I are working on a rubber carpet with a oneway setup, tonight and tomorrow. We'll have something for you soon. The car is pretty good already, has tons of steering. We're running Jaco's and Jack the gripper to simulate IIC conditions.
Oh cool! I'm looking forward to seeing some of the rubber and foam setups coming out of IIC. I'll be able to try both since I'm apparently going to deal with two cars now and stop pillaging that other kit for parts.

I've got my rubber car working pretty well right now on low traction carpet. We've got our track setup like IIC, trying to give Sydor an edge. :-D Anyway, it steers like crazy, but it seems just a little easy to break it loose on corner exit. It may just be my unfamiliarity with a one-way though.

Anyway, definitely send it my way when you guys get something going, I like trying new stuff on the car.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:18 AM
Tech Addict

ahh, i put the novak 13mm rotor in my 13.5 today and raced it. good stuff... tons more torque and in general faster around the track.

i geared it at 108/47 FDR 4.2ish. 47 was the largest spur available at the track. i wanted to run 100/47, but couldn't get the pinion and spur to mesh . guess i've got to grind out my motor mount slots or something.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:27 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by RussB
ahh, i put the novak 13mm rotor in my 13.5 today and raced it. good stuff... tons more torque and in general faster around the track.

i geared it at 108/47 FDR 4.2ish. 47 was the largest spur available at the track. i wanted to run 100/47, but couldn't get the pinion and spur to mesh . guess i've got to grind out my motor mount slots or something.
PRS sells pinions all the way up to 65 teeth! Can you do that with a 100T spur? I think I've run 50+ a few times.

Did that rotor give the motor more drag brake? I've been meaning to try it, but I really like the LRP, and now I've got this Orion to try.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:32 AM
Tech Addict

yes, it gave me more drag brake as well as stronger braking overall. it felt good. it almost felt like a checkpoint money motor.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.