Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rocketron
What you have described are the OLD sandpaper disks that were used on the xxx-s. The PADs for the JRXS and Type-R are made of something like plastic and snap into the pulley one on each side. Not sure if the sandpaper will work well but before you CA everything try to get some of the new PADs
I also din tknow that there were new pads made for the JRXS. Always thought it was those sandpaper thingees. Dont have those locally so i'll have to find a way to make the sandpaper work for now.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I got a bit of a tweak in the car tonight. It normally runs VERY even from side to side, but I struggled with it this evening. Aside from the normal stuff (rebuild shocks, make sure chassis is flat, re-seat topdeck) is there anything else I should check, or any particular trick to straightening the car out? It seems like every car has an order in which to do things, or tweak tricks that aren't always apparent.

It was mentioned to me that making the shocks a little longer overall will allow for more suspension travel, and should let me run my foams down to the rim once again. I'll look into that when rebuilding the shocks in hopes of getting the tweak out. I was having trouble getting enough uptravel once the tires got around 54mm.

Also, for the second time, I had a front shock retainer pop off during a minor impact. I still can't figure out what's causing them to launch like that, but I've heard at least one other person mention the same thing. They seem to be snug on the shocks, so maybe there's something else I should be looking for.
Try disconnecting the shocks from the suspension arms, remove battery and tray, loosen the top deck, and have someone press down on the suspension blocks to assure the chassis is flat and then retighten the top deck in a X pattern. Make sure all shocks are equal in length and see what you get.

Lengthening the shocks will definitely give you some more room on ride height droop with small wheels.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
im not sure if anybody has done this , im too lazy to go back on pages to look, but this may help keep the front arms from breaking
That should do the trick
Old 05-02-2007, 01:08 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default E-man to Team Losi?

great new addition with Jason Ertrachter signing onto Team Losi.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:12 AM
Tech Adept

How about this 'R'???
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-r.jpg  

Last edited by xtaiji; 05-02-2007 at 05:07 AM.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Marcos J. : from what bumper is that?
Old 05-02-2007, 04:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
great new addition with Jason Ertrachter signing onto Team Losi.
This for real?
Old 05-02-2007, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by discoverer188
Marcos J. : from what bumper is that?
its the one from the losi xxx-s part #8059

hopefully this will keep the arms safe Ill find out this weekend
Old 05-02-2007, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Its not the front impact that is the problem. It is a very light grazing with the side of the car that is snapping them. I don't feel like it is the axle. I have been running the graphite short arms front and rear and it has been real good so far.

Later,
Old 05-02-2007, 07:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I got a bit of a tweak in the car tonight. It normally runs VERY even from side to side, but I struggled with it this evening. Aside from the normal stuff (rebuild shocks, make sure chassis is flat, re-seat topdeck) is there anything else I should check, or any particular trick to straightening the car out? It seems like every car has an order in which to do things, or tweak tricks that aren't always apparent.

It was mentioned to me that making the shocks a little longer overall will allow for more suspension travel, and should let me run my foams down to the rim once again. I'll look into that when rebuilding the shocks in hopes of getting the tweak out. I was having trouble getting enough uptravel once the tires got around 54mm.

Also, for the second time, I had a front shock retainer pop off during a minor impact. I still can't figure out what's causing them to launch like that, but I've heard at least one other person mention the same thing. They seem to be snug on the shocks, so maybe there's something else I should be looking for.
try using very large finishing washers and slightly longer screws on the 4 countersunk screws in the top deck. the ones that screw into side posts. i could not get my car to flatten out with the countersunk screws, but once i took them out of the equation, everything was fine.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:02 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Yeti35
This for real?
i saw his signature. it says "Team Losi" also made a new avatar for him
Old 05-02-2007, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
i saw his signature. it says "Team Losi" also made a new avatar for him
Nice, I will now have to PM him for setups.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CRASH
Its not the front impact that is the problem. It is a very light grazing with the side of the car that is snapping them. I don't feel like it is the axle. I have been running the graphite short arms front and rear and it has been real good so far.

Later,
i see this bumper is the same width of the car ,plue i shaved the axles too so will see
Old 05-02-2007, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
i see this bumper is the same width of the car ,plue i shaved the axles too so will see
Keep me posted, I have the kydex bumper and just have not put it on the car yet. Let me know how this works out.

Later,
Old 05-02-2007, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CRASH
Keep me posted, I have the kydex bumper and just have not put it on the car yet. Let me know how this works out.

Later,
i will hopefully it will work (knock on wood)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.