Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 02:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DeLaSoul
Yeah Malc, 2 out of three "Rubber Ducky Racing" made the trophies this weekend, where were you!!
Being spun round by some iffy driving as you well know , and if I hadn't backed of from all 3 finals on the 1st corner you wouldn't of come where you did thats what you call good driving don't you think Well done to team Rubber Ducky 1st 007 2nd Losi Type 'R' 5th Losi Type 'R'
Malc TRDM (Mother Ducker)
Old 04-30-2007, 02:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Paul1786511
Just to clafify it was 7th i can from to finish 2nd overall but it wasnt easy. I had a 6th, 4th and then a 1st in the last leg

Just to echo wat the TCCFN has said, the car was great all weekend, the slightest changes and you notice a big difference in the way the car reacts. which is great.

Big setup changes to be made for my next race, small tight track to basically the biggest track in england

GO ON THE LOSI !!!!!!!

Malc dont forget TEAM RUBBER DUCKY RACING!!!!!
Yea soz Paul, thought it was 6th that you made, and to come from 7th that was even better, lucky I didn't hold you up more than the 3 laps I did eh in the last final
Well done again Team Mate.
I will get some stickers made up I think, Dave you can design them ,and I will get them made up if you like?

GO ON THE LOSI !!!!!!!

Rubber Duck Racing

Malc
Old 04-30-2007, 03:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
Ed, how do you write one of those set-up sheets like you do? is there an active one you can fill out (im no pc guru so may be using the wrong terminology )
I just took a screen shot image of the balnk Pdf, and saved it as a Jpeg. Then used Painshop Pro to write stuff on it.

If you want, send us your setup details (same with you Paul), and I'll get them put onto sheets and posted here.

Ed
Old 04-30-2007, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TryHard
I just took a screen shot image of the balnk Pdf, and saved it as a Jpeg. Then used Painshop Pro to write stuff on it.

If you want, send us your setup details (same with you Paul), and I'll get them put onto sheets and posted here.

Ed
Nice one Ed cheers
Malc
Old 04-30-2007, 02:35 PM
Tech Adept

Do you guys have a part number for the tamiya red foam that you use in the shocks.

Is it the same as the one xray use as their foam insert.

Congrates guys on the good runs with the R.

Tim
Old 04-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Front Oneway

Can you use this http://www.losipartshouse.com/catalog/LOSA3350-250.jpg with the type R or do they have there own thats coming out in a couple of weeks
Where can I find Front Oneway for the type R ....for rubber tires on carpet
We are all still waiting on that one, should maybe be another TWO WEEKS
Old 04-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hamster778
Do you guys have a part number for the tamiya red foam that you use in the shocks.

Is it the same as the one xray use as their foam insert.

Congrates guys on the good runs with the R.

Tim
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=270&id=1741
Old 04-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I believe the Type R one-way is different. The part number is: LOSA3355, but it doesn't show up on Horizon's site yet. The team drivers apparently had them for the rubber tire race a few weeks ago, so hopefully they'll trickle down to us soon.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I thought I read earlier in this thread that some people were using the older one-way but with the older axles and short arms
Old 04-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by edward Haywood
Can you use this http://www.losipartshouse.com/catalog/LOSA3350-250.jpg with the type R or do they have there own thats coming out in a couple of weeks
You cant use the old one way unless you are able to remove the one way bearings as the pulleys are on the opposite side on the 'R' therefor the wheel will free wheel backwards
Malc
Old 04-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

i would think it would work with the older short drive shafts and the new long wish bones. can't see why not.

will take a look later

Tim
Old 04-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

ah, good piont that malc
Old 04-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey fellas!!

Just figured I would drop in and see what's up. Larry and I have been running asphalt for the past couple weeks too and the Type R has definitely treated us well. We're still working on setups as it seems Larry and I really can't run the same setup. I guess that only works on carpet for us.

Out of the 2 weeks we've run so far, I TQed both weeks with Larry winning week 1 and me winning week 2. We run at Jackson R/C, which is a beautiful facility in Jackson, NJ. We also get to race with Mr. Jeff Cuffs, which is awesome. We have great races all the time. The track is basically medium bite and pretty open. You can see pics of it here.

Anyhow, for the 2 weeks we've run, we picked up over 3 tenths in lap times between week 1 and week 2. That change in speed is mainly from Larry and me working on setups and just finding more speed. We are NO WHERE near done yet.

Here's my setup for other Type R owners to check out. This has only been used at Jackson so far so I don't know if it's something that will translate to other tracks. By all means, if you want to try it, go for it.

PS: The setup sheet was done using Photoshop. This was NOT an editable PDF.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-jackson_4_27_2007_typer.jpg  
Old 04-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
I thought I read earlier in this thread that some people were using the older one-way but with the older axles and short arms
the arms have nothing to do with axle length, only the diffs. if you use an old style one-way or diff, you must use the short axles, regardless of what arms you run.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hamster778
ah, good piont that malc
been there and tried it thats's why I know #
Malc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.