Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 05:06 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Malc & Ed and Paul, hope it goes well at eastbourne this weekend for you all, should be a good day, Take care with those new arms.

Chris, Glad you now have the right front arms. Good luck at aldershot. I'll be at wlrc again, see how dusty it is this week. I'm going to try the car with about 2deg of kick up as i still havent got some 6deg caster blocks like we were talking about.

Cheers

Tim
Old 04-28-2007, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

I noticed a lot of people talking about the 6 degree caster blocks, what's the advantage?
Old 04-28-2007, 01:19 PM
Tech Adept

I could be wrong but i think that going to the 6deg blocks will calm down the steering while entering at turn then give me a little more on the exit.

As i am running on a low grip tarmac track, the rear end is loose so i am hoping this will help some

Cheers

Tim
Old 04-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I havnt run anything but 6's for the past 2 years...

theres a saying at the GAY-te==== Caster's Faster.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Caster = more steering
Old 04-28-2007, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

I have had it on my original car for a while too but haven't got enough bits to put it on the new car too.

Yeah it gives you more steering but its where it does it

caster helps to increase steering mid corner but keeps the car stable on corner entry
Old 04-28-2007, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Type R

Where can I find Front Oneway for the type R ....for rubber tires on carpet
Old 04-28-2007, 07:18 PM
Tech Addict

i always thought the simplified explanation of caster was something like this:

less caster = more low speed steering / less high speed
more caster = more high speed steering / less low speed
Old 04-28-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edward Haywood
Where can I find Front Oneway for the type R ....for rubber tires on carpet
We are all still waiting on that one, should maybe be another TWO WEEKS!!
Old 04-28-2007, 09:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

I got to run a friends Type R for a few laps last night, and I have to say this car was very enjoyable to drive. It was the first night the car has seen the track so it needs a little fine tuning but I have to say I was quite impressed!
Old 04-29-2007, 06:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RussB
i always thought the simplified explanation of caster was something like this:

less caster = more low speed steering / less high speed
more caster = more high speed steering / less low speed
Basically, there is noe simplified explanation to this, as it all depends on your other settings.

Caster means your wheels will be cambered the same direction when you turn. That means initially you have only a small part of the tire gripping the surface, but as your car leans over it will straighten up the wheels and it will grip more midturn. But by running a car that is too stiff, that just won't happen.

How the effect of more and less caster will be, also depends on your camber settings.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RBLove
Caster = more steering
More mid, less initial...

Anyway, Just got back from eastbourne. Seems like a good weekend had by Type-R racers. I ended up winning the B final in stock, and Paul Upton and Malc Hall were both in the A in 19t (Malc Q'd 3rd, and Paul finished 3rd, I think).

Spent the whole of saturday playing with setups... and we are all miles away from the stock setup.. and myself further away than the other two. I have a feeling I have a somewhat unique driving style at the moment... couldn't drive Pauls car when I tried it, and I'll let him post the thoughts on mine...

Anyway, setup attached.
Ed
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-eastbourne29-4-07.jpg  

Last edited by TryHard; 04-29-2007 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:25 AM
Tech Master

Hi Ed
First of all, thanks for the carbon strips mate, and very well done for winning the B, final overall glad you got your real car going or it would of been a long swim back to the IOW
Ed, how do you write one of those set-up sheets like you do? is there an active one you can fill out (im no pc guru so may be using the wrong terminology )
Yea was a good weekends racing for the 3, 'R's that were there (reading,writing and Rithmatic) sorry about that you will only get that joke if your around 50,

I have to say its the best car I have ever driven, it has soooo much corner speed, myself and Paul were changing the setup all day Saturday, and got further away from the stock set-up as the day went on. Paul and and I were a little way off each other by the end, but was suited I think to the driving styles we differ from.
Paul was sixth in the A, and I 3rd, Paul got 2nd overall and me 5th, unfortunatey due to some iffy driving that put me to the back of the pack in the second final after coming 2nd in the first of the 3 legged finals and ended up 7th, and then the guy that tagged me in the 2nd final unfortunately tagged me on the last lap and spun me round so ended up 5th, but didnt mind to much as my car lacked a little power, and was batterling with him for 4mins 40 secs. The one thing what Paul and I are finding hard to do, is to stop driving the car as we did the old one, (2 years of the car) as with the old car you had to wait for the car to roll into the corner, and straighten up before you put the power on, with this car you can keep the power on and driver it through the corner and out of it hard without the rear want to swop ends with the front. Well done Losi for a great re-design of the old car, and am glad I waited for all this time, as it was the first time I had driven this car hard, and was really very impressed with it
Malc THE WELL HAPPY WITH THE CAR MAN
Old 04-30-2007, 02:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Just to clafify it was 7th i can from to finish 2nd overall but it wasnt easy. I had a 6th, 4th and then a 1st in the last leg

Just to echo wat the TCCFN has said, the car was great all weekend, the slightest changes and you notice a big difference in the way the car reacts. which is great.

Big setup changes to be made for my next race, small tight track to basically the biggest track in england

GO ON THE LOSI !!!!!!!

Malc dont forget TEAM RUBBER DUCKY RACING!!!!!
Old 04-30-2007, 02:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah Malc, 2 out of three "Rubber Ducky Racing" made the trophies this weekend, where were you!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.