Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RussB
don't use the losi horn for ko servo's. i've always had them jump teeth on me.

i use the ko or airtronics plastic horns with the metal ring around the splined part, they work great.
You kind of have to on this car for the way the steering link is setup. There may be another option but looking at it briefly I did not see one.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BHenderson
No Brant it is you who is "special" not your KO Servo lol. What's up Yeti long time no talk, couldnt miss a golden opportunity to bust on ol Brant
Not doin too bad now that my car finally got here. You are right, Brant is a very "special" person!!
Old 03-27-2007, 10:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The car definitely turned a lot more using the kit setup without gluing the sidewalls. So, thanks for cluing me up to proper tire care. The car is awesome. I need to make it turn a little more to suit my (lack of) style, but I bested my previous fast lap by 2 tenths several times throughout the night.

The lower bumper plate seems a little bit fragile. I'm pulled the screws out of it during a single front impact. Is there a trick to making them last other than not hitting anything? I only hit two boards all night, and one of them killed it. :-)
Old 03-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Are you using the kit bumper or something else? I have not had an issue with that after I switched to PDub bumpers and trust me, I have hit a few things with those bumpers!!
Old 03-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Are you using the kit bumper or something else? I have not had an issue with that after I switched to PDub bumpers and trust me, I have hit a few things with those bumpers!!
Yep, PDub. I've got the BRP kydex on the way. Maybe it was just a fluke. I'll keep an extra one on hand just in case. I'm loving the cost of parts on this car, it's way less painful to stock your own spares, plus the shop actually has some stuff on the wall.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

i use the ko or airtronics plastic horns with the metal ring around the splined part, they work great.
the new servo horns are a must use and because of this they have been carefully worked and reworked to ensure fit on all servo's.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BHenderson
No Brant it is you who is "special" not your KO Servo lol. What's up Yeti long time no talk, couldnt miss a golden opportunity to bust on ol Brant

Stalker!!!!!!!

Go play in the XRay thread!!! Leave the fast guys alone!!!

Brant
Old 03-28-2007, 01:48 AM
Tech Master

I to use the airtronics ones, as I have found the standard ones jump splines.
Malc
Old 03-28-2007, 04:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I used to use an AE horn..

the new horn 23- fits the KO as mentioned.. and does not skip.

Just an FYI for you guys.. dont run the solid bellcrank. I ran it for 2 rounds of practice at the nats because we couldnt find a spring for the saver.. and those two rounds resulted in 2 broken servos.

Found a spring (thanks Kevin) and have not broken one yet.

KB
Old 03-28-2007, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
The lower bumper plate seems a little bit fragile. I'm pulled the screws out of it during a single front impact. Is there a trick to making them last other than not hitting anything? I only hit two boards all night, and one of them killed it. :-)
I used longer screws or you can use longer 3mm screws. The 3mm screws are larger in diameter so it won't strip out as easy. You should be able to reuse the one you have if you use long 3mm ones.

Paul
Old 03-28-2007, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
I to use the airtronics ones, as I have found the standard ones jump splines.
Malc
hey coolcan are you having this probelm with the new horn from the type-r? with an airtronics servo?
Old 03-28-2007, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rocketron
hey coolcan are you having this probelm with the new horn from the type-r? with an airtronics servo?
I only wish I had a Losi Type R, there still not in the UK as yet I run a KO 2173 and do not run the nomal horn as I find they strip to easy. so I use the one with the metal ring that sits around the spline section.
Malc
Old 03-28-2007, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
I only wish I had a Losi Type R, there still not in the UK as yet I run a KO 2173 and do not run the nomal horn as I find they strip to easy. so I use the one with the metal ring that sits around the spline section.
Malc
when the type-r arrives checkout the new servo horn for fit and you should find it an improvement over any of the past ones.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti

Just an FYI for you guys.. dont run the solid bellcrank. I ran it for 2 rounds of practice at the nats because we couldnt find a spring for the saver.. and those two rounds resulted in 2 broken servos.

KB
i have a solid supply of ko and airtronics horns for my jrx-s... i've broken a few horns with that car. good news on the new and improved 23t horn.

syndr0me - with almost 2 years on my jrx-s, which i believe has the same bumper, and many many impacts i've never even come close to breaking the bumper plate. i run a p-dub bumper. you do have the mini locknut in the middle hole, right? if that's missing i could see it coming off very easily.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti

KB
Now I have the horn all I need is the car .........oh and thanks for the tip about NOT avin a solid bellcrank Keith, even though with the JRX-S I did not ever run a servo saver and did not brake a servo in 2 years.
Malc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.