Old 02-01-2003, 04:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

throttle return?

oh yeah i had one of those when i was at nats so i could pass tech

i havent used one since unless the linkage pops off what good is it anyway

failsafe got to get one of those soon
Old 02-01-2003, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

I have found the difference in steering response and centering from digitals is a noticeable benefit.

Throttle return springs work, sometimes though something as easy as a hairband around the carb neck to the ball does the trick.

Failsafe only gives any protection while you have power. So basically run your battery down, lose your battery connection (have had it happened to me before, wires dragged), and failsafe will do nothing to stop your car from going bezerk, while a well=placed Throttle return will shut the carb. Of course the best protection is to have both but if I had to choose I'd make sure i had throttle return before a failsafe.
Old 02-01-2003, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by patelladragger
I have found the difference in steering response and centering from digitals is a noticeable benefit.

Throttle return springs work, sometimes though something as easy as a hairband around the carb neck to the ball does the trick.

Failsafe only gives any protection while you have power. So basically run your battery down, lose your battery connection (have had it happened to me before, wires dragged), and failsafe will do nothing to stop your car from going bezerk, while a well=placed Throttle return will shut the carb. Of course the best protection is to have both but if I had to choose I'd make sure i had throttle return before a failsafe.
I think you're right - both is the only way, really, to go.

Although I've never lost so much power in my batteries that the servos weren't just going berzerk instead of dead. . .in which case a failsafe is a better item.