Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
RC TRF415MSX Marc Rheinard, is it worth it? >

RC TRF415MSX Marc Rheinard, is it worth it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC TRF415MSX Marc Rheinard, is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 06:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! the blue, it's, it's been grinded away! my eyes!!!

nah, it's not so bad i guess, i'm just upset that Tamiya didn't address this issue. We're paying a lot of $$ for a car that MIGHT have to be modified before it's ran.

and while i'm still upset, i'm upset that they made the new arms shorter on the EVO V this time around. I run stock ashpalt, and from what i hear and understand, the shorter arms are better for carpet!

Maybe if i was a better driver, it'd make a difference - so i'll stop complaining now. I'll still buy at least one of them (and if i can figure out a way to keep the Marshall (wife) from finding out, i'll get em both!)
Old 08-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hierog
aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! the blue, it's, it's been grinded away! my eyes!!!

nah, it's not so bad i guess, i'm just upset that Tamiya didn't address this issue. We're paying a lot of $$ for a car that MIGHT have to be modified before it's ran.

and while i'm still upset, i'm upset that they made the new arms shorter on the EVO V this time around. I run stock ashpalt, and from what i hear and understand, the shorter arms are better for carpet!

Maybe if i was a better driver, it'd make a difference - so i'll stop complaining now. I'll still buy at least one of them (and if i can figure out a way to keep the Marshall (wife) from finding out, i'll get em both!)

I was quite upset when I found out you need to grind alu...! But then, come to think of it, its a MR edition.So maybe its something the TRF drivers found out later that it will be good to grind the steering a little...

But ...!! Oh grinding away blue stuff....
Old 08-10-2006, 01:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I know, I almost cried too.... Almost.

And Heirog, you know the standard LWT arms will fit the Evo5 don't you? Just replace the short with long... no problems. So that should solve the outdoor issue, no worries (Ok, I know it means buying an extra set of arms... but you should have some spare from your MSX anyway )

HiH
Ed
Old 08-10-2006, 08:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

lots of cars need slight mods to make them perfect...look at the how-to by Hara he grinds the heck out of a part..

It does almost look like it wont hit without lots of lock..I usually run 60% D/R with a spool, fingers crossed
Old 08-10-2006, 08:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

understood, but considering he gets the kits for FREE and I pay an arm and a leg. . . . . . I guess I'm in the minority here, but i would expect to not have to grind away at an aluminum piece to make the car work correctly.

Nothing wrong with it, if i had the dough to buy one, I'd probably get an MRE. The MSX is the smoothest driving Tamiya car I've owned, and my co-horts know i'll always stick with Tamiya!
Old 08-10-2006, 09:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
And Heirog, you know the standard LWT arms will fit the Evo5 don't you? Just replace the short with long... no problems. So that should solve the outdoor issue, no worries (Ok, I know it means buying an extra set of arms... but you should have some spare from your MSX anyway )
Hierog, Now you know why I bought so many standard LWT arms!!! and why I was so upset that the standard LWT arms are $4-$5 more than the new short arms!

Get the Evo V, IMHO the MRE is not worth the price in the few upgrades from the MSX.

Disclaimer: I have the right to retract the statement above after I purchase an MRE!
Old 08-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

understood, but considering he gets the kits for FREE and I pay an arm and a leg. . . . . . I guess I'm in the minority here, but i would expect to not have to grind away at an aluminum piece to make the car work correctly.

Nothing wrong with it, if i had the dough to buy one, I'd probably get an MRE. The MSX is the smoothest driving Tamiya car I've owned, and my co-horts know i'll always stick with Tamiya!
Get some blue paint to paint the grinding aftewards, you'll never know the diff ...can't wait till tomorrow, head-to-head time between the RDX - MRE ...and, my son is coming out after school as he thinks he wants to get into the hobby so I "resurected" the XXX-S ...watch it work better than any of the others
Old 08-10-2006, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

Just a touch up with translucent blue paint and it will look just as new.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:01 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

If all you run is stock..I would also rec the EVO 5

hier and ronin:I'd love to see you guys at the track! I am always the only tamiya guy around must have bad luck with timing and seeing you guys
Old 08-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JayL
If all you run is stock..I would also rec the EVO 5

hier and ronin:I'd love to see you guys at the track! I am always the only tamiya guy around must have bad luck with timing and seeing you guys
JayL - we've been the only Tamiya guys there for years now! I bought the Surikarn Evo III from Billy and then he stopped carrying parts!! we've been off and on for many years now, but we still manage to buy the latest and greatest of Tamiya and MMR! I'll be out there 2morrow to watch Javier, but i won't have my gear

BTW, when is the next race @ Speedworld?

vic
Old 08-10-2006, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

JayL - we've been the only Tamiya guys there for years now! I bought the Surikarn Evo III from Billy and then he stopped carrying parts!! we've been off and on for many years now, but we still manage to buy the latest and greatest of Tamiya and MMR! I'll be out there 2morrow to watch Javier, but i won't have my gear

BTW, when is the next race @ Speedworld?

vic
Next race is this Saturday 08/12, then after that is 08/26 ...and I don't know if Billy is going to have anymore racing past that as I am off to carpet land preparing for the IIC, and once I'm back from the IIC I'm "full on" into carpet until asphalt starts back up next year.

This weekend Brad is rumored to run 19T with his MSX (non MRE edition), I'll be there running 19T with the MRE ...or RDX depending on what tomorrow shows me (my suspicions are the MRE is going to "rock"), I talked to Joe Albano earlier today and he said they were planning on coming up this saturday as well ...3 more Tamiyas ...so sounds like we may have more Tamiya's "per capita" than any other car this weekend?
Old 08-10-2006, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Now if I can only reschedule my daughter's birthday party this Saturday the 12th... then I can go. I'll speak for Hierog... He will not be racing this Saturday either, his a$$ better be at my daughter's birthday party
Old 08-10-2006, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Runin Ronin
Now if I can only reschedule my daughter's birthday party this Saturday the 12th... then I can go. I'll speak for Hierog... He will not be racing this Saturday either, his a$$ better be at my daughter's birthday party
Have the party at the track, bring out the cake, and just eat the ice cream really fast ...I'll get everyone to sing happy birthday.

...oh so back to the topic, yes the MRE is worth it.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

Dont count out the short arms on asphalt...... they where faster and better on my MSX
Old 08-10-2006, 02:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Ronin: I know I keep hearing about these mythical guys that run Tamiya at Speedworld timing

This weekend will be sweet. we will have:

MRE
MSX converted to MRE--no steering or 'scoop' chassis
MSX

all in 19t
We should rotate drivers every round for a real test

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.