Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Team Tamale fan mount

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 08:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Dam! Could gear up 1 more tooth and have the advantage on teh rest of teh club! hehe
Old 08-13-2006, 09:40 AM
Tech Adept

I thought air was sucked in through the brush hood area and then it leaves throught the "vent" holes in the cans....

Shouldn't the fan that is mounted above the hols in the can be blowing air away from the motor?

If you are blowing air in the brush hood area... it needs a place to leave... If you are also forcing it in the one of the two sets of vent holes in the can aren't you decresing the performance? Just curious....

I thought you should use a fan to increase air flow through the hoods then help remove it by suck it out of the vent holes.....

Also, shouldn't the fan that is mounted over the endbell be blowing from front to back meaning not facing forward, rather set up to be facing the rear of the car. If air creeps up in the car and your fan is facing forwards won't it never reach the hood?

Just some questions, not knocking the peices, I love it and will be ordering two. I am also curious to see if I can get this to fit in a oval car application.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Most heat sinks with fans, the fan is sucking air from the heatsink. I am with you. I think the fan needs to suck air. Blowing on to air coming out of the can may not be as useful.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Most heat sinks with fans, the fan is sucking air from the heatsink. I am with you. I think the fan needs to suck air. Blowing on to air coming out of the can may not be as useful.
Then turn the fan the other way.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

you can make the endbell one blow and the can vent hole suck out the air....Whatever you want it to do.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So what's the verdict tamale-man? ....would be easy enough to flip the one fan over (the one over the vent holes) ...lmk!!
Old 08-13-2006, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by turd ferguson
Then turn the fan the other way.

Yeah, I know it would be that easy. But it is being illustrated a different way.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

The fans can be mounted to either blow air towards the motor or pull air away from the motor. I have not tried turning the fan over the can over to pull air away from the vent holes. I just know that with the fans mounted as shown in the pics that we see a 20-30 degree drop on operating temp of both the endbell and the can. My KD 19t turn motors were never over 165 degrees after a 5 minute race this weekend at our local carpet track. Without the fans temps in the 180-190 range were pretty much the norm. I will have to try turning the fan over the can over to see if it makes any difference. Maybe someone else could try it both ways and post your results.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default Where have I been

Very nice Team Tamale...your work is still tops...
I'll pick one up from ya next time I race at Mikes...

I have to say Larry is one of those guys that makes stuff that really is functional and having a little bling is great.
O
Old 08-14-2006, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Order placed.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Any word on when the next batch will be complete?
Old 08-14-2006, 03:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by teamtamale
The fans can be mounted to either blow air towards the motor or pull air away from the motor. I have not tried turning the fan over the can over to pull air away from the vent holes. I just know that with the fans mounted as shown in the pics that we see a 20-30 degree drop on operating temp of both the endbell and the can. My KD 19t turn motors were never over 165 degrees after a 5 minute race this weekend at our local carpet track. Without the fans temps in the 180-190 range were pretty much the norm. I will have to try turning the fan over the can over to see if it makes any difference. Maybe someone else could try it both ways and post your results.

Good Idea... It would put this question to rest... I always hear contradicting ideas on which way a fan should be facing the slot on a motor ( if no heat sink is used)..
Old 08-14-2006, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

Working on the next run of about 150 pcs now. On my old slow machine and the # of hours I can put in between my regular job, family responsibilities, then working in my own shop on this, I hope to have them ready by the end of next week, if not sooner. I am also looking into purchasing a newer machine which will be considerably more productive than what I am currently using. Thanks to all of you out there this is starting to add up to something larger than I ever thought it would. I will keep everyone posted here as to my progress. Thanks for everyones patience.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

did you save me one?
Old 08-14-2006, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for making a quality product!

Just put my order for 8 for my hobby shop! One will make it in to my car for sure. Already pulled the AE fans from inventory for mine!

Corey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.