Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Does Trinity give a crap about Customers? >

Does Trinity give a crap about Customers?

Does Trinity give a crap about Customers?

Old 07-31-2006, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 17driver
Kinda funny that other manufactures carry parts for products that are not made anymore.So are you saying that Trinity products are to be thrown away after use since you can't get parts?I race oval and I can get parts for 10 year old cars that are'nt made so that does not hold much water.Sorry to hurt any team drivers felling's since that's the only people that will stick up fo Trinity.That right their tells you something you have to be a team driver to get support.Not hear say that is what I wittnesed.My 2 cents.Craig

Can you still find parts for the RC10B3 still? Is there a listing for them on AE's website or is it all but gone? What about the Losi LXT or XX? There are some companies in RC that do still have stock for old versions of their vehicles, but when most companies make a change to their equipment, they do not replinish their inventory with the older outdated replacement parts. For example, can you still get an Orion Core endbell and can? What about parts for the Sirio Kanai 1 nitro .21 engine(sirio no longer makes this motor but I have 2 with about 1 gallon on each with no chance at replacement sleeves from SIRIO or almost anyone, unless by chance I find a hobby shop who actually has one)?

You have a valid point about your issue with the service, and if you find that to be enough to warrent you to not purchase from them, then that is your choice. If enough people feel that way, then they(trinity) will loose enough business to affect them, then I bet they will fix it. But I am just saying, that it is impossible to please everyone in all aspects of business.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

There have been lots of complaints about Trinity and their business practices over the years. Get screwed, learn, move on.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JRSXrookie
Hello Tol,
Looking at it, you must be sponsored by Trinity. This is not a bash Trinity Thread, God knows there are plenty of those.
This is to show and try to get answer on why they offer no support for what they sell.
The Drake engines are only 7 months old and there was NEVER any parts list or parts listing available for that engine. I would call and be told that "We do not offer parts for that engine", This was 4 months ago. If you are currently selling the engine, how the heck do you not offer parts for it.
You can not try to tell me that comparing Trinity to Walmart is the same thing. Its not. Walmart sells thousands of different items, trinity sells hundreds. Also when you go in to Walmart, each person is doing one job. When i called Trinity on Friday i was told that the OEM/Team manager would be handling the Warranties. I guess they dont have enough people to do the jobs since they are firing them all or their quitting.
No one here is bashing Trinity. But if they are at fault for something then dont try to cover it up or make excuses.
I apploligize to you, for I was not refering to your problem. But others have not really given a problem without directly attacking Trinity. I do run for them but only as a 50% driver since 02'. I have friends locally and in adjoining who have delt with them on warranty issues and had them fixed without me even knowing they had the problem and them contacting trinity(just shows I had no hand in helping them).
Old 07-31-2006, 10:13 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LSUsportsfreak

... on a MESSAGE BOARD??

How old are you?

Internet message board is simply a new way of communicating.

Great American people have complained since this country was born...through newspapers, books, radio and TV...and now the Internet is available.

You would fit in great in North Korea, where complaining is punished by death.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This great country (USA) was built on complaining
This has got to be one of the single most amazing things I have ever read. Of ALL the things this country was built on.....
Old 08-01-2006, 12:34 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LSUsportsfreak
This has got to be one of the single most amazing things I have ever read. Of ALL the things this country was built on.....
Not suprising considering you probably don't read very much in the first place.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by T. Thomas
Can you still find parts for the RC10B3 still? Is there a listing for them on AE's website or is it all but gone? What about the Losi LXT or XX? There are some companies in RC that do still have stock for old versions of their vehicles, but when most companies make a change to their equipment, they do not replinish their inventory with the older outdated replacement parts. For example, can you still get an Orion Core endbell and can? What about parts for the Sirio Kanai 1 nitro .21 engine(sirio no longer makes this motor but I have 2 with about 1 gallon on each with no chance at replacement sleeves from SIRIO or almost anyone, unless by chance I find a hobby shop who actually has one)?

You have a valid point about your issue with the service, and if you find that to be enough to warrent you to not purchase from them, then that is your choice. If enough people feel that way, then they(trinity) will loose enough business to affect them, then I bet they will fix it. But I am just saying, that it is impossible to please everyone in all aspects of business.

You're refering to cars that have been out of production for some time, not an engine that Trinity carries today and not tomorrow. There's still NOS (New Old stock) parts floating around, I can still find parts for my 10T...

I think I'm seriously sticking to OS engine's from now on. At least I'll know that I won't have to buy a whole new engine instead of fixing one...
Old 08-01-2006, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Associated still produces parts for there old cars. I'm not saying every part for every car, but you can still find parts for the original Rc-10, they are just molded in black composite now instead of white nylon.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here's another trinity parts complaint: The T-Spec. Six or eight people at the local track bought them when they came out. I thought it sounded like a great cheap concept, so I was one of them. The "spec" batteries were nowhere to be found, so our spec class went with any low-buck battery. All but two of the cars were retired for the year when they broke and couldn't get parts to fix them (I was lucky enough to not break). Sadly, the customers complained about the LHS, not Trinity, for promoting cars they couldn't get parts for.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Default I Now Understand

My wife send Trinity an email nearly a month ago...I guess now I understand little better why we haven't heard back yet. I just send them one also about something missing from a kit we purchased. I will see when I hear from there.

andy