Old 07-28-2006, 08:36 AM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

We should have the boards this weekend.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:59 AM
Tech Regular

Ira,

Track surface is lookin good. I guess your decision was quick for 1/8th. I remember in Chicago (not only 5 days ago) you were conidering it, but certain. I guess looking at that surface and being close to home, the decision as made without consideration......LOL

I talked with Don Jones last niht and he mentioned that the boards from th MWS race will be used until the track gets its permenant stuff.

Looks good now.....cant wait to see the final result!
Old 07-28-2006, 09:17 AM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Hi Brian,
Thanks to Don Jones generosity we will be able to lay down a track this weekend (possibiy). Once I got a look at the canvas how can I not get one, also we have a place to practice.

I will post some pics of the layout.

See you at the GLC.

Ira
Old 07-28-2006, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Ira, that's great news about you running 1/8! It will be a pleasure racing with you again. I presume you will be running a 'Puken-sucken', or is it 'Hiden-seekin'? That can't be it,,,hmm, well my bad... Must be my Allshiemers kicking in again!
Old 07-28-2006, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

Ira,

Make sure you still race 200mm though....You can run 2 classes, heck I know of one that races 3 classes for a MWS race.....and he has issues with a nerve in his hand that tends to start hurting after a while. But he still can do it......LOL
Old 07-28-2006, 10:45 AM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Brian,

I will still race 200mm for sure, it is to much fun racing with you guys
Old 07-28-2006, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Ira for letting us know where......... can't wait now to see some photo's of the layout.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ira
Tommy, I will let you know when we can. Ready to do some 1/8th scale racing?
In the future for sure. Doseck mentioned that you shouldn't to get into it unless you got a tire sponsor. And I'm still diggin 200 with the the MTX-4. Besides, my wife is already dishing out a 100 some bucks in tires every race weekend. I'd hate to tell her that the tires are getting bigger, badder ... and, oh yeah, a little more expensive. For right now, she's my only tire sponsor. So I show my graditude and promote her as much as possibe. Didn't you hear Don announce her name during the sponsor roll call in Chicago?
Old 07-29-2006, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

100 bucks! Wow, I don't spend any where near that & I'm running 1/8!
Old 07-29-2006, 12:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by duneland
100 bucks! Wow, I don't spend any where near that & I'm running 1/8!
hmmm. Ron, maybe I'll be trying it sooner than later. Do you mind if I take your's for a lap or two? Just to get a taste of it.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Sure! When can we practice?

Last edited by duneland; 07-31-2006 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks, Ron, sounds cool!

Ira, if you go 1/8th, how are you and Curlie going to pit for each other? Well, I guess since Chris and I are doing 200 and usually having conflicting schedules, we could help you guys out when needed.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Any news on when the track is going to be open for some hot laps? Also, when is the first race?
Old 07-31-2006, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kidDynomite
In the future for sure. Doseck mentioned that you shouldn't to get into it unless you got a tire sponsor. And I'm still diggin 200 with the the MTX-4. Besides, my wife is already dishing out a 100 some bucks in tires every race weekend. I'd hate to tell her that the tires are getting bigger, badder ... and, oh yeah, a little more expensive. For right now, she's my only tire sponsor. So I show my graditude and promote her as much as possibe. Didn't you hear Don announce her name during the sponsor roll call in Chicago?
$100 per weekend is A LOT...I am still using foams from last last season....yes, both 1/10th and 1/8th....(I have to race more offen)
Tommy, if you need a taste of 1/8th, you can always try mine....if I remembered correctly, I've let 4 person tried my 1/8th last year at Tinley and Hamilton, that those 4 person all ended up running 1/8th right now (no exception)....so your question is, are you ready for 1/8th ($$$$$)?

I think today is a good day for hot laps...only 100 degree, record high...should be perfect for nitro outdoor.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

When I say race weekend, I mean MWS race weekend. This is my first year to do it. All the other club races were just Sundays. And so far, the tracks I've run at called for different shores, or so I was told. Hence, she stocks me up worried that I'd have to run the wrong shore. Like in Toledo (Thanks for the 45* cut w/superglue tire tip, Howard. Worked great.)

So 100bills = about 4 sets of tires. I don't have any sponsors, so I pay about $24 a set (Frt & Rr). I know I can get them for less, but I'd rather try and support Alberts new shop. So if you think about it. If you don't have stock on tires already, $100 in tires can easily be eaten up in one weekend (depending on the track and how many corners you hit.) Luckily in Chicago, I only used 1 set for 4 quals and 1 set for the main. And that left me with two full sets plus a few sets from the other races. So my stock is building and next year I'll be able to budget better. This is all new to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.