Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
newbie- TA05 + esc >

newbie- TA05 + esc

newbie- TA05 + esc

Old 07-22-2006, 08:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Default newbie- TA05 + esc

I'd like to order a TA-05 this week, and I need to know what esc to get. I'd like to keep it under 100. I would also like a better motor; I plan on the lowest turn my esc can handle, but I dont want to drop a ton on hop-ups.

If someone could give me the max size esc that fits, that'd be great. I'd also like recommendations on hopups for a couple different motors, say 15T, 12T and 10T.

As far as motors- which brand should I get?

Thanks,

Scott
Old 07-22-2006, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

The TA05 has little room for a speed controller , make sure you know what size you need i think its 35 x 35
Team1RC.com makes the best value motors
Old 07-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

honestly .... with esc prices the way they are now

I know you would like to keep it under $100

Would saving the xtra $75 bux stop you ?

under $200 will buy you a top notch esc .. (with proper care) you'll have it for life.
probably out live the car you buy
come with a kick ass warrentee

to honestly tell you as a friend ...... and esc is somthing you would want to buy "NEW" or from a friend you "KNOW" . Normaly I promote the use of the used "for sale" add's on this site ( awesome in fact) but in the case of ESC's or batt's ..................................... I say "new"
Old 07-22-2006, 10:27 PM
Tech Initiate

ya, I definitely wouldnt buy a used one. Are there any cars with a little more space- for the esc, or overall. the thing is, i have to fit a gyro and a microcontroller on a board inside this thing, and a few micro servos if possible. extra money for the esc wouldnt kill me, but this car will be a test bed for some aero research im doing- so the likely hood of the program glitching and wrecking the car is high. Be that as it may, I'm looking at the novak xrs for 50 for now(14T)..and once I get the program working and need the extra speed, I was looking at the quantum reverse 2 pro/bullet(12/8T), or possibly something that can handle 3S lipo. I would have gotten the quantum reverse super, but its 90 and has the same specs as the novak.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have a Novak GTS in my TA05. It fits PERFECT and it's only $78 bucks.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXKSB1&P=ML