Wiki Posts
Search

Rody Modified

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 03:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I checked out www.atomichobbies.com. They have RBx12 Rody Edition for $315. I'll ring them up if they have in stock. Hopefully they do

On the spec it says: Carburetor; 6.5mm with removable venturi.
What it means by the word "venturi".
6.5mm!!! I could eat a "snake" alive with that
Old 01-28-2003, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

Default TambokGT

yeah they're in Sun Valley near the Burbank airport.....check out website for directions.
I was at KZ today, it was a huge track!!! I need to buy lots of parts before i run overthere, i might disturbing some guys with my destruction-derby actions

If i'm not mistaken, you're running GT4 too right? If so what's your gearing combo on this particular track. Thx
Old 01-28-2003, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by front1wayFreak
Hey guys,

I checked out www.atomichobbies.com. They have RBx12 Rody Edition for $315. I'll ring them up if they have in stock. Hopefully they do

On the spec it says: Carburetor; 6.5mm with removable venturi.
What it means by the word "venturi".
6.5mm!!! I could eat a "snake" alive with that
The carb is bored out to 6.5mm. However RB includes a plastic insert in the carb which shapes the intake part f the carb. Also you can get smaller ones to restrict the carb to 6.0mm and 5.4mm.
Old 01-28-2003, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by modellor
The SMP Slide is probably one of the worst 1:8th cars on the market. We ran them here for 1 year and it cost a fortune compared to the Serpent NT.

I got T-boned 3 times in one meeting and each time the front upper wishbone bent. They said that the plastic cups would break first but that is BS.

Each wishbone comes like the Serpent ones. Only one per packet. We were paying around $60 for each one.

Unless you own the bank I would steer clear of the Slide.
This is not my experience. The SMP has shear ball on the suspension arms and if a conventional accident happens the balls shear. I have run this car for the past three years including three Nationals and two Winter Nationals along with NEGP's and a lot of local races and I'm still on the original 2001 A-Arms the car came with.

Being T-boned is far from a conventional accident and no car can reasonabaly be expect to survive being speared once let alone three times. I have found parts consumption due to wear and damage to be lower than other cars I have run due to the quality of construction. The SMP is not the cheapest car to run but it is not deserving of modellor's rath either.

Now lets let this thread go back to the RB Engine topic that started it.
Old 01-29-2003, 01:27 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: TambokGT

Originally posted by front1wayFreak
I was at KZ today, it was a huge track!!! I need to buy lots of parts before i run overthere, i might disturbing some guys with my destruction-derby actions

If i'm not mistaken, you're running GT4 too right? If so what's your gearing combo on this particular track. Thx
16/20 48/44......if you want to fly in the straight try 16/21 and 48/43(from Mugen 2nd spur)
Old 01-30-2003, 05:23 PM
Tech Addict

16/20 48/44......if you want to fly in the straight try 16/21 and 48/43(from Mugen 2nd spur)
Thx for the info TambokGT.

I met this guy at KZ who's running his own engine on his reflex. I don't know the spec on it, but west coast hobby will distribute this engine soon according to him. This guy only mentioned it's 39,000rpm and it's made in italy, so he claimed the quality will be great. We'll see about that
Old 01-30-2003, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Did you happen to catch his name? I don't know any regulars there running reflex...must be a new guy.
Old 01-30-2003, 06:16 PM
Tech Adept

i dunno, ferrari's and fiat's arnt exactly the most quality cars........sure they run great performance wise, but when seatbelts dont work, windows dont roll back up, and seatbacks dont fold forward (456gt) then there is a problem.......not to mention doors not closing securely.

Fiat----------Fix It Again Tomorow
Old 01-30-2003, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Nytrochaos
i dunno, ferrari's and fiat's arnt exactly the most quality cars........sure they run great performance wise, but when seatbelts dont work, windows dont roll back up, and seatbacks dont fold forward (456gt) then there is a problem.......not to mention doors not closing securely.

Fiat----------Fix It Again Tomorow
Thats just their real cars.

But their little model engines are top notch. Probably explains why over 99% of all model car engines are produced in Italy by Novarossi or Picco.

Novarossi, Sirio, Novamega, Picco, RB, Rex, Top, Rossi, and the list goes on.....
Old 01-31-2003, 06:03 AM
Tech Adept

i completely agree.......i luv my mt-12, sadly it died after 2 years........Rody x12 here i come
Old 01-31-2003, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rpoage
This is not my experience. The SMP has shear ball on the suspension arms and if a conventional accident happens the balls shear. I have run this car for the past three years including three Nationals and two Winter Nationals along with NEGP's and a lot of local races and I'm still on the original 2001 A-Arms the car came with.

Being T-boned is far from a conventional accident and no car can reasonabaly be expect to survive being speared once let alone three times. I have found parts consumption due to wear and damage to be lower than other cars I have run due to the quality of construction. The SMP is not the cheapest car to run but it is not deserving of modellor's rath either.

Now lets let this thread go back to the RB Engine topic that started it.
Maybe they have fixed the problem with the shear ball joints. When we had the SMP they just introduced the shear balls and they told us that they would snap first in a crash. But they didnt. They stayed in one piece and the wishbones buckled. If this is the case the I would have to reverse my view on the car. It definately was quick but for too expensive to run at that time.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:57 PM
Tech Addict

Did you happen to catch his name? I don't know any regulars there running reflex...must be a new guy.
I have his information that he gave me, btw if it's possible i'll be at KZ this this weekend.still looking for engine a.s.a.p bcuz i just sold mine. I've stopped by few times to learn the track layout, nice layout, really like the sweeper after the straightaway (looks like you can maintain the speed of the car a bit more in this corner notice that it has 10° banked turn)