Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
What do you think of more than 10 cars per race? >

What do you think of more than 10 cars per race?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do you think of more than 10 cars per race?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 01:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

I haven't read all the post, but the one page I did is missing one very important (probably the most important) factor in number of cars on the track.

Can the scoring system handle more than 10? Yes
Can the drivers handle more than 10? not all of them
Can the turnmashalls safely assist a car?

That should be the guiding factor in number cars in a group.

Ive seen several tracks when it is very difficult for turnmarshalls to assist cars without being run over. And usually the turnmarshalls that look after their well being before assisting a drivers mistake, end up getting a tongue lashing from the driver for not moving fast enough. Think about it. Average lap time 15 seconds. Ten Cars spread out would only leave a marshall one or two seconds between vehicles to get across the track to assist a car. Not all our participants are that agile.

Safety of the marshalls, track size, lap time should determine the quantity. Be that 8 or 20.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Be a good race wish I could go.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Tech Champion

There is always the fall back rule of Turn Marshals. If you don't like the turnmarshals, don't use them. Capiche?
Old 07-21-2006, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedxl
It wont be on account of this. People keep associating the lack of intrest on everything from equipment to, cars, batteries, Technology, and style of cars. People arent picking up hobbies like this anymore. They rather mountain bike, extreeme games, and internet gaming. Kids have more electronics choices. Also their parents arent as active in their lives as most of us had growing up. Times change. Also the current state of affairs in the world has people on hold from spending money. In the 80's there was plenty of wealth with less choices not so now. Maybe this is the reason for a decline in new people. They just rather spend their money elswhere!
Its up to the diehard racing fanatic to save this.
Sorry I have different view... I understand why you saying this, but....

With only 1% to 2% racing the other 98% bashing, there are plenty of people that know about RC and have RC, just not racing.... Why...let me quote a few "You racers are to mean." "I watch you guys and hack the s#$h of each other." "You are to fast for me."... etc.... Bottom line, they are scared... It is our job to make them comfortable... and it can be done... We have 3 new racers in one month, why... we spend time with them at the bashing park, talking with them and showing them we are a good group that really cases about having fun... it is not about winning or whining all the time... So you start a novice class, and working directly with them one on one... Pay it forward... I had someone to help me when I started a year ago, now I'm helping up to 3 people on the weekend.... Look I do not care how you act at the BIG races... but the club, it should be about fun and building relationships, which will grow the hobby of racing... Let the Big Dogs run a the big races… but you have to start somewhere, and that is at the club level..

Like I said, I can completely see where you are coming from... I think it is VERY important to talk with bashers and newbie, to find out what would make it better for them... Yes, you will loose some, and you will win some one, but then the end if you meet new people, it is good for everyone, both in and out of RC racing... Think of it as the church if RC... A group of people get together that have common interests..

Sorry I just noticed I made a turn away from the topic... Sorry about that....
Old 07-21-2006, 05:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Think of it as the church if RC... A group of people get together that have common interests..
Where do I sign up, Brother bvolts???
Old 07-21-2006, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHRIS CHAVEZ
Where do I sign up, Brother bvolts???
Every weekend... we take donations in the form of entry fees...