Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GET CUFFS A NEW SEAT

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Johnathan
i was just reading that thread, where the battery exploded in the civic, then the thread disapeared! any1 else notice?
Yeah! where did it go?
Old 07-19-2006, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the original thread was serious but thread is just a joke. acouple friends having fun.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:57 PM
Tech Master

I say you should mount up a toliet in there so stupid crap like this has a place to go

Just messin with you bro!
Old 07-19-2006, 11:59 PM
Tech Addict

Jeff, did you wise up like me and finally dump your evo? I much prefer my new saurkraut to my old rice.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks for your help Jeff.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:47 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=Kris Preisinger]All-

As many of you have read the last day or two.... our good friend Jeff Cuffs has had an unfortunate chain of event occur that ended up buring his passenger side seat in his honda civic.

I will be taking donations via paypal to get Jeff a new seat. I am not sure of the exact shipping costs yet.... but please keep the donations rolling in. Any leftover donations will go towards a new head unit or potentially a center console.

See this link for more info

That will teach him to leave his motor box on the front seat! Larry and Jason should remember this!
Old 07-20-2006, 04:55 AM
Tech Champion

I'm glad my ni-mh are stored in a well insulated box wherever I travel to....
Old 07-20-2006, 06:33 AM
Tech Rookie

my god man. it seems as if there are some -what I will call - "fun Nazis" on rctech. i have not been a member for all that long, however- these blokes are obviously just ribbing a friend. No need for any - eh hem- communist "fun Nazis" to get on here and attempt to kill the smallest bit of humor and sarcasm.

grow up man. stop feeling the need to put your two cents in where it doesn’t belong. no one cares about your communist views and no one subscribes to your pamphlets. i suggest you check yourself in to a hospital and get some treatment for depression.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Did you say go-kart???? I likes me dem gokarts!!
Old 07-20-2006, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yeah ray I have a 03 gold kart with yamaha engine. its the can class. sr sportsman. most popular class at the track min 25 karts. a lot of fun
Old 07-20-2006, 07:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
yeah ray I have a 03 gold kart with yamaha engine. its the can class. sr sportsman. most popular class at the track min 25 karts. a lot of fun

Thats the class I ran for years, but in laydown karts. I am about to start racing again this fall or next spring. I still wonder why I keep beating my head on the hard RC wall when I can run karts, but oh well

Ray
Old 07-20-2006, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Soviet
I'm sorry for being a jerk...LAs turned me into an a$$hole.

Some would argue that L.A. has had nothing to do with it.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:24 AM
Tech Adept

Default Bass Fishing III

Covering Water Effectively
By Don Applegarth
I have been asked by several people what I do to cover water whenever I am fishing, say a new lake or whenever I am trying to locate some fish, and put together a pattern. This is a subject that is very broad, and can be discussed at great length, I will try here to list some of the things that I consider when choosing a bait, and an area to fish.

The first thing that I consider is the time of year. By this, I try and figure out where the fish should be. If it is late winter or very early spring, then I know the fish are going to be relatively deep, and lethargic. Therefore, I will try to find ledges, and drop-offs, that are at the mouths of creeks, and river bends.

I will usually try fishing these areas with crankbaits, and spinnerbaits slow rolled first. If I can not get any takers, then I will try using worms, or jigs, and fish slower.
If it is later in the spring, but still pre-spawn, I will use faster moving baits such as a Rat-L-Trap or crankbaits and spinnerbaits, but moved a little faster. I will also move away from the deeper ledges, and start to look in the first half of some major creeks. Start at the channels, and work toward the shallower water. Many times fish will move up onto flats in these areas and feed, then return to the depths. Look for places where there is a drastic depth change from say 6' - about 10 or more.

Another consideration, is the weather. If it is windy, I always fish the windy side first. That is where the baitfish are usually located. While it is not the easiest way to fish under these conditions, it is almost always the most productive.

For these conditions, I use a fast moving bait like a Crankbait, Rat-L-Trap, or a Spinnerbait, and work the areas quickly. It is very important to cast into the wind whenever possible/ This can be a nightmare, but it gives the bait a more natural presentation, and the fish are usually feeding facing into the wind, like a current in a river. While these little details seem unimportant, they make a huge difference in the size, and numbers of fish caught.

During the summer months, and warmer weather conditions, I usually start out with topwaters, and then switch to a Buzzbait, and then crankbaits and blades. Once fish have been located, I will slow down, and work these areas with slower baits like a Carolina rigged Lizard, or a Texas rigged worm.

If you are fishing overcast conditions in warm weather months, I recommend that you try a topwater bait all day long, as well as other faster moving lures, and keep moving. Fish are prone to be feeding all day long under such conditions, and can be caught.

Soft Jerkbaits are always tied onto one of my rods, just as a Spinnerbait is. I use these to search areas as well. They can be worked very rapidly, and will draw strikes from less aggressive fish just as well as the more aggressive ones. If you are fishing a soft jerkbait, and a fish misses the lure, stop it! Let it fall, sometimes all the way to the bottom. About 50% of the time, that fish will come back and get it. If it doesn't, twitch it, and then jerk it back to the top, and let it fall again. A few feet, and return to your retrieve.

I think that soft Jerkbaits are one of the most underrated lures on the market today. If you have not tried them, you should. You are missing a lot of fish, and a lot of BIG fish as well, especially during the spring months.

Covering water is important, but you have to be able to go slow enough to work the areas effectively as well. I will use a stop and start technique with my trolling motor. I usually keep it on a relatively high speed setting then move about 10 - 15' and stop. The boat will continue to drift while I make several fan casts to the areas around me. If not takers, then I go another 10 - 15' and so on. Many people prefer to use a slower setting and keep moving constantly while searching waters for bass. I think they cover a good deal of water, but they miss a lot of targets, that I always try to hit, until I come across a pattern.

By this I mean, that if I see after a few minutes that I am only catching bass on stumps, I will move faster, and only slow down whenever I am fishing stumps.

I hope this article has been of some help to you all in understanding effective ways to cover water.

Good fishin'…

Don

Hope This Helps!
-Latif

EA....lol
Old 07-20-2006, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Well after all this information on fishing, I am thinking I am fishing saturday instead of racing!
Old 07-20-2006, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LATIF
Covering Water Effectively
By Don Applegarth
I have been asked by several people what I do to cover water whenever I am fishing, say a new lake or whenever I am trying to locate some fish, and put together a pattern. This is a subject that is very broad, and can be discussed at great length, I will try here to list some of the things that I consider when choosing a bait, and an area to fish.

The first thing that I consider is the time of year. By this, I try and figure out where the fish should be. If it is late winter or very early spring, then I know the fish are going to be relatively deep, and lethargic. Therefore, I will try to find ledges, and drop-offs, that are at the mouths of creeks, and river bends.

I will usually try fishing these areas with crankbaits, and spinnerbaits slow rolled first. If I can not get any takers, then I will try using worms, or jigs, and fish slower.
If it is later in the spring, but still pre-spawn, I will use faster moving baits such as a Rat-L-Trap or crankbaits and spinnerbaits, but moved a little faster. I will also move away from the deeper ledges, and start to look in the first half of some major creeks. Start at the channels, and work toward the shallower water. Many times fish will move up onto flats in these areas and feed, then return to the depths. Look for places where there is a drastic depth change from say 6' - about 10 or more.

Another consideration, is the weather. If it is windy, I always fish the windy side first. That is where the baitfish are usually located. While it is not the easiest way to fish under these conditions, it is almost always the most productive.

For these conditions, I use a fast moving bait like a Crankbait, Rat-L-Trap, or a Spinnerbait, and work the areas quickly. It is very important to cast into the wind whenever possible/ This can be a nightmare, but it gives the bait a more natural presentation, and the fish are usually feeding facing into the wind, like a current in a river. While these little details seem unimportant, they make a huge difference in the size, and numbers of fish caught.

During the summer months, and warmer weather conditions, I usually start out with topwaters, and then switch to a Buzzbait, and then crankbaits and blades. Once fish have been located, I will slow down, and work these areas with slower baits like a Carolina rigged Lizard, or a Texas rigged worm.

If you are fishing overcast conditions in warm weather months, I recommend that you try a topwater bait all day long, as well as other faster moving lures, and keep moving. Fish are prone to be feeding all day long under such conditions, and can be caught.

Soft Jerkbaits are always tied onto one of my rods, just as a Spinnerbait is. I use these to search areas as well. They can be worked very rapidly, and will draw strikes from less aggressive fish just as well as the more aggressive ones. If you are fishing a soft jerkbait, and a fish misses the lure, stop it! Let it fall, sometimes all the way to the bottom. About 50% of the time, that fish will come back and get it. If it doesn't, twitch it, and then jerk it back to the top, and let it fall again. A few feet, and return to your retrieve.

I think that soft Jerkbaits are one of the most underrated lures on the market today. If you have not tried them, you should. You are missing a lot of fish, and a lot of BIG fish as well, especially during the spring months.

Covering water is important, but you have to be able to go slow enough to work the areas effectively as well. I will use a stop and start technique with my trolling motor. I usually keep it on a relatively high speed setting then move about 10 - 15' and stop. The boat will continue to drift while I make several fan casts to the areas around me. If not takers, then I go another 10 - 15' and so on. Many people prefer to use a slower setting and keep moving constantly while searching waters for bass. I think they cover a good deal of water, but they miss a lot of targets, that I always try to hit, until I come across a pattern.

By this I mean, that if I see after a few minutes that I am only catching bass on stumps, I will move faster, and only slow down whenever I am fishing stumps.

I hope this article has been of some help to you all in understanding effective ways to cover water.

Good fishin'…

Don

Hope This Helps!
-Latif

EA....lol

Mo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.