Community
Wiki Posts
Search

vintage collectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 12:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

finally, after months of waiting, got my hands on a hotshot last time i saw one of these up close was in 1986 not exactly vintage, since its a rerelease, but cant wait to run this with my current stuff
Attached Thumbnails vintage collectors-07-21-07_1413.jpg   vintage collectors-07-21-07_1414.jpg  
Old 07-21-2007, 02:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Something similiar to the Alum rims shown. I 've got a new set of Mini mag plastic rims still in the bags that are shinny gold. Back in the days when I used to mount my own.Also in the closet a collection of new - never wore T-shirts from regionals and nationals and specail races from the 80's-90's.
The Hotshot- I remember getting one and breaking a supension are and having to order the trees with a bunch of useless parts. sold the car but it was my first dirt car I think.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:02 AM
Tech Elite

good thing the new hotshot included a whole spare parts tree of knuckles, shock ends, etc. also, looking at the parts list at the back of the manual, this is of great help to vintage runners or those who plan to restore their hotshots when all the spares become available

i was hoping that this kit include full bearings (only a few are included) but cant complain with the included esc
Old 07-21-2007, 07:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 403forbidden
my shelf queen with vintage tecnacraft rims

Wow! All that thing need is the KC lights and the interior that all the early kits came with. Other than the wheels. Thats about the most complete early RC10 pic I've seen in a while. I read somewhere that Associated still has several of the very first cars made that were used for all the early magazine adds. I'd sure like to see some of those pictures.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

If you need the lights and the spinners I've got a new unopened package.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
I know I told you once before Sean that I had one before, a 1/12 that is. Forgot what ever happened to that car.

I am looking for a RPS Yokomo Dogfighter However, and also the mono shock front end from associated would be sweet.

Steve
I don't have the dogfighter car but I have a MINT RPS YOKOMO SE Special Edition "Driver: Gil Losi Jr." box.
Yeh, just the box but it's cherry, I stashed it just cuz it's cool!
Any offers?
Old 07-25-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveL
Never thought that there would be an interest in vintage R/C stuff! So I guess that this is now worth a bunch of $$$???

If anyone is interested, it's hanging on my shop wall just like it came off the track in '89. Optima Mid SE with SRS stretch chassis. I think there's still a Quarter Flash 12t in it too.

Should have mentioned that my Optima Mid SE is now in Australia in it's new home. heavy stepped up to the plate and just had to have it. Hopefully he will share some pics once it's back up and running. Kinda weird that it hung on my wall for 15 years and now is half away around the world to start a new life. Pretty cool!
Old 07-28-2007, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by marvi
finally, after months of waiting, got my hands on a hotshot last time i saw one of these up close was in 1986 not exactly vintage, since its a rerelease, but cant wait to run this with my current stuff
getting close to run this thing its 1986 all over again for me
Attached Thumbnails vintage collectors-parts-1.jpg   vintage collectors-parts-2.jpg   vintage collectors-gearbox.jpg   vintage collectors-suspension-assembly.jpg   vintage collectors-chassis-assembly.jpg  

Old 07-28-2007, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by marvi
getting close to run this thing its 1986 all over again for me
Is that the rerelease car? looks great!
Old 07-29-2007, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

yes, its the rerelease, came with an esc good thing i have a servo and rx lying around i havent tried yet, but an orion 4800 lipo looks like a perfect fit on the battery cavity

the kit didnt come with full ball bearings, you still have to buy 5 pcs 850 and 13 pcs 1150 bearings.

i think these are the differences from the original:

1. you can use standard 14mm hex rims (such as those from the tamiya dark impact) when you replace the triangular wheel adapters with 14mm hex adapters. proline racing rubber, anyone?

2. the dogbones look a little different from the original ones.

3. the front knuckles are from the tamiya TA02 series

4. the propeller shaft is a thicker, dogbone type shaft. i think the original is thinner and has different ends.

5. the rear heatsink for the mechanical speed control are cosmetic

6. the design of the shocks are similar to what we have now - double o-ring bottom seal with threaded cap, piston in between two e-clips, and has a rubber bladder/diaphgram on the top cap

7. i think some of the sponsor decals were replaced by different logos

8. esc included

cant stop staring at the front and rear monoshocks do their thing, the metal roof and chassis access panel, integrated rear plastic rollcage... this buggy looks great even without the body
Attached Thumbnails vintage collectors-front.jpg   vintage collectors-rear.jpg   vintage collectors-assembled-chassis.jpg   vintage collectors-assembled-chassis-2.jpg   vintage collectors-assembled-chassis-3.jpg  

Old 08-03-2007, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

just finished
Attached Thumbnails vintage collectors-finished-hostshot-body-off-2.jpg   vintage collectors-finished-hotshot-front-end.jpg   vintage collectors-finished-hotshot-rear-end.jpg   vintage collectors-finished-hotshot-body.jpg   vintage collectors-finished-hotshot-body-2.jpg  

Old 08-03-2007, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Very cool, even if it's a re-release.

Here's one for you guys. This is what I just finished. It's 100% original, and all period-correct for right around 1987/1988.

I'm about 90% done on the JRX2 project. I found this car earlier this summer on eBay sold by a guy who had built the car when he was 12 (20 years ago) and could never get it to work right. It was new, poorly built, had a few broken parts but overall relatively complete and relatively unused.

When I got it, it was found to need a lot to be really perfect. It has an original body, but 12-year old hands and 20 years have not been kind to it. Between a new/repro body and a V-wing, it's all that remains to complete this car in the state that I raced in the summer of 1988 (also posted below).

Here's the "new" car:

Original, first run Team Losi JRX2
Novak T1 speed control
Race Prep "orange" stock motor
Novak NER-2x 27mhz receiver
Futaba S132 steering servo
Kimbrough servo saver
Thorp turnbuckle steering rod
Losi mini front bumper
Team Brood 1400mah SCR 7-cell "Team" pack
Trinity silver battery braid

Built and ready to run, as complete as it would have been taken to the track in 1987—but built with a lot more skill than my 17-year old hands would have ever done.

As it came from the original owner... for being a car that was essentially new, it had a lot of issues that needed attention. The diff was essentially glued together, the screws were almost all stripped out and non-original, the right rear drive axle was missing a pin drive, all of the shock collars were either broken or missing and the shocks were all completely built incorrectly—among a host of other problems. It's not surprising why the car sat in a box for 20 years.

And photos of my original race rig, in a couple of different states, too... (circa 1988)

Old 08-09-2007, 05:44 AM
Tech Adept

OMG, That is awesome! I would love to one day own such a piece of history, and am envious of the total vintage ready to run setup.

I have thought of doing that for my cars, but too much trouble for me, I have 5 or so that span back to '85!

They're not the most popular to collect, not all of them have boxes or instructions, but they have all not been run before.

Still looking for a JRX-Pro body and V-Wing, and Pink Yokomo Works '91 rear wheels.

Keep the pics coming guys, loving it!
Attached Thumbnails vintage collectors-picture-054.jpg   vintage collectors-picture-056.jpg   vintage collectors-picture-058.jpg   vintage collectors-picture-059.jpg  
Old 08-09-2007, 09:04 AM
Tech Champion

Got the JRX-T stripped down from the last Winternationals I went to back when.It still has the pink rims and the tires I used.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Vintage Tamiya

www.rctvlive.com has a new collectors corner posted. I just go my email update. it features the original clodbuster. saw some old vintage oval stuff as well...too bad no vintage days of thunder tamiya oval car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.