Richey Modified Motors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Richey Modified Motors

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2002, 11:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Motorman let me address this issue, you claim to work on motors or is it engines? there is a differance. Motor = Electric, Engine = Nitro or Gas. What makes you think that you are boiling alcohol in your fuel tank. Do you realize that the plastic on your fuel tank would melt at that temp. How is the temperature of the fuel reaching p.
Old 07-27-2002, 01:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Oh Dear

Originally posted by Engineman PG
Motorman let me address this issue, you claim to work on motors or is it engines? there is a differance. Motor = Electric, Engine = Nitro or Gas. What makes you think that you are boiling alcohol in your fuel tank. Do you realize that the plastic on your fuel tank would melt at that temp. How is the temperature of the fuel reaching p.
<Coughs while saying BULLSH*T>
So why has a motor bike or motor vehicle not got an electric motor powering it wise ASS?

Last edited by Cartman; 07-27-2002 at 01:10 PM.
Old 07-27-2002, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Motorman, you going to take that crap from someone who, I bet, don't even race? Everyone has an opinion.

By the way, what was the answer to my question abuot how to adjust the two speed with the pipe running down the center of the car. Also, what do you think about mounting the tank on little springs and not orings???
Old 07-27-2002, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Default Engineman

get your facts straight.

1.) Motor is a latin word for setting something in motion. In most other languages motor is used for both, electric and combustion.
Do you know what DMV means? Probably not at your age.

2.) The plastic our tanks are made of is either polypropylen or polyethylene which both have dimensional stability (ASTM D1204 ) of > 1% @ 180F/1hr (82.222 C / 1 hr) This means that PP/PE changes dimensions less than 1% at that temperatur over an hour.

Methanol, which makes up approx. 55% of our fuel does boil at 64.7 C (148.46F or 337.85 Kelvin for a rocket scientist like you)

What else did you want to know?
Old 07-27-2002, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last edited by Motorman; 03-08-2003 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-28-2002, 07:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Motorman Chassis is SWEETTT!!!

Motorman,

Good talking to you on Saturday!! The chassis looks really nice-put me on the list to get one!!!

Also-on Sunday morning practiceI got my NTC3 awesome!! Tons of steering but no more traction rolling!! Whew!!! Even with the Traction rolls Saturday i got down to consistent mid 20 second laps. About 0.9 off of Cyrul, Rott and Gannon's best!!!! Good for me!!!

man-all that traction rolling sucks-And they said NTC3 dont traction roll!!! hahaha!!! My new body looks like its got a whole season on it-most of it on the roof!!!

Ray
Old 07-28-2002, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last edited by Motorman; 03-08-2003 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-29-2002, 07:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Stop the Turtle!!!

Motorman, I got my car as good as I could ever want in the S-bumps and all by Sunday. I stepped up to 42 shore fronts from 40 and lowered ride height by a half a mm all around. I also widened the track -again!!! All very small adjustments. Basically everything I was doing was to get more initial steering without doing the turtle. What I think was happening was I had a push so I had full lock on the steering wheel over the bumps. When I got car to turn better, I wasnt turning the wheel as much and therefore car was more stable in the S. But thats just my opinion.

I also went with fairly soft springs red/red and I think that helped a lot as well. I could go flat through the S on different lines and car was planted and it would dive tight to the hairpin at the end!!! The other changes kept car from traction rolling so I could use all that traction and grip. I was very BUMMED that we did not get another qualifier. I wanted to prove to myself that I could put it in the middle of the A. Oh well!!!!

Last edited by rayhuang; 07-29-2002 at 08:25 AM.
Old 07-29-2002, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Default Dennis, help please!

I got a Collari XS 12 that I ran for the last 2 weeks w/o any problems. It has gobs of power and runs pretty cool.
Yesterday, every time I started it up, it ate a glow plug (MC 8, ambient temp ~95 F, O'Donnell 30%)
The coils of the plugs were all distorted but still in place, so none had fallen into the engine.

It looked to me like too high compression.
I took the head off and found 2 copper shims, piston and sleeve looked good.
I replaced one of the copper shims with a Nova Rossi aluminum shim, to get the same clearance (0.4mm) as with my Mugens.
It still destroyed the next plug.

I took it out and put my RB in the car, which ran fine with the same plugs.

Any idea what could be wrong?
I didn't change the settings and the weather was the same for the last 3 weeks.

Thanks,

Stefan
Old 07-29-2002, 08:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

sounds to me like your con rod is going check it for play
Old 07-29-2002, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

I ope not, the thing is basically brand new....
Old 07-29-2002, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Stefan, dude you need to get out more or something????
Old 07-30-2002, 07:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Dennis, help please!

Hey Stefan , ive been running Collari 3 port "dowunder" very successfully for 5 months, our climate is similar just different wildlife. Try this, with 30%, shim the engine to .5 and run novarossi 6 plug, i have tested plugs and have found this to work well. Ritchen 1/4,run engine and re- tune on track. If you run 16%, then go back to .3 and stick with the nova 6 plug .Try to use collari shims or picco "same", good luck.
Originally posted by stefan
I got a Collari XS 12 that I ran for the last 2 weeks w/o any problems. It has gobs of power and runs pretty cool.
Yesterday, every time I started it up, it ate a glow plug (MC 8, ambient temp ~95 F, O'Donnell 30%)
The coils of the plugs were all distorted but still in place, so none had fallen into the engine.

It looked to me like too high compression.
I took the head off and found 2 copper shims, piston and sleeve looked good.
I replaced one of the copper shims with a Nova Rossi aluminum shim, to get the same clearance (0.4mm) as with my Mugens.
It still destroyed the next plug.

I took it out and put my RB in the car, which ran fine with the same plugs.

Any idea what could be wrong?
I didn't change the settings and the weather was the same for the last 3 weeks.

Thanks,

Stefan
Old 07-30-2002, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Default Kickass

thanks for your help.
I actually opened the motor yesterday and found some very small metal particals in the bore of the crank.
No clue where they came from, crank, piston and sleeve are all fine.

Oh well, I cleaned it and will try it now.

EROCK, Huh??????
Old 07-30-2002, 12:19 PM

Hey Dennis! Just checking on J.D.'s engine, you said probably get it 2 weeks ago but still no see. I heard that engine production from you has been stopped are we even going to get it? I hope so!! Thanks: BB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.